1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israeli officials: Trump leak 'our worst fears confirmed'

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Almost Heaven, May 17, 2017.

1. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed to the American news website BuzzFeed on Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the United States regarding Islamic State (ISIS) plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes.

The officials told the website that it appeared that that intelligence had been shared with Russia without prior coordination and that this fact was Israel's "worst fears confirmed", according to one of the officers.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing. We do not have this relationship with any other country," the officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed on condition of anonymity, said.

"There is a special understanding of security cooperation between our countries," added that official. "To know that this intelligence is shared with others, without our prior knowledge? That is, for us, our worst fears confirmed."

The comments follow Monday’s report in The Washington Post, which quoted unnamed officials who said that President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week.

On Tuesday, The New York Times claimed that Israel was the source of the intelligence that Trump shared with the Russian officials.

Israeli officials refused to comment on that report, and Israel's Ambassador to the U.S., Ron Dermer, told the newspaper that the two nations would continue to cooperate closely in the field of counter-terrorism.
    Read More....http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/229750

athenasius and Hol like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Trump can definitely be a loose canon at times with his mouth. :sad

I hope he learns from this and doesn't make this mistake again.

3. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

I believe it's his learning curve.

athenasius likes this.
  4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

So much for the alleged word in the other thread.

athenasius likes this.
  5. sara ann

sara ann Well-Known Member

yes...he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut...almost speak when spoken to!

athenasius likes this.
  6. Lily

Lily Looking Up

I don't know what to believe. Buzzfeed? I wonder if some are trying to damage the President before his trip to Israel? I don't trust news reports anymore. It's all anonymous sources all the time, let's see some facts.

Besides, the msm should have never reported national security leaks. The leakers are the big mouths imo.

athenasius likes this.
  7. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

The problem is that when it hits any media, the msm or Putins delicate shell pink ear, it gets blasted world wide, and that source, is now needing extraction if he is still alive.

When president's leak this kind of info, and I recall Obama doing it, even Bush doing it, and I'm sure if I looked hard, back further then lives are at risk. Hilary certainly did it, she mentioned several of those sorts of details in some of the leaked documents from off her server.

Lives are at risk that shouldn't be. Once the info is leaked, you can't shut it down, because ISIS and other groups have sources placed all over. The media could keep quiet, and as long as Putin and his staff know, then any embedded ISIS operative knows. Bang goes the cover.

Amir Tsarfati covered this well in his latest update from San Remo Italy. Dh and I listened to it last night. It's worth listening to.

8. Joseph The Carpenter

Joseph The Carpenter Well-Known Member

BiBi told Putin about the laptop bombs because that was what brought down the Russian plane last year. But President Trump did not know the Russians knew.

9. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I have a tendency to believe what Amir is saying. Mostly because it fits. It also makes sense to me that it is all as part of the effort to bring President Trump's presidency to an end. News has sure changed its attitude for reporting since the second world war.
    The Japanese were firebombing the United States. President Roosevelt new that these firebombs were not invisible and that the news would pick up on it. So he called a meeting with the heads of the main news and told them that the firebombs were from Japan. And that our best defense was to convince the Japanese that it was not working. So the news was silent on the firebombings and the Japanese gave up on it as a waste of time.
    Sadly I can't see the news behaving like that today.
    Lord I pray that in all this that Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done.