Israel - Who is returning?

WorldWithoutEnd

Or, is this a question we're all afraid to ask?

I've heard that many have gone by genealogical records...

IMO, according to the text, the northern tribes were taken captive and then dispersed by Shalmaneser and replaced with gentiles, 2 Kings 17..although some could have retained their Jewish identities, I personally doubt it, as they were deep into idolatry and probably integrated where they were dispersed. That's not to say that God was unable to preserve some or keep track of their seed even if they integrated...According to Ezra 1:5, only Judah, Benjamin and some Levites returned after the Babylonian captivity, to then be dispersed once again by Rome..so IMO, to answer the OP to the best of my knowledge, these are the people returning along with converts to Judaism...it actually makes sense to me if we consider these other scriptures..

Zech 8:13;12:2;7, Joel 3:1-3, Zeph 2:6-8?

WorldWithoutEnd

From what I've read it's not only Judah who is returning. I've definitely read that some from the tribe of Manasseh have returned.
Zech 10:6 does mention Judah and Joseph..I would recommend a careful study of the book of Zechariah, chapter 12 is really interesting to me, and I can't avoid it's emphasis upon Judah.

WorldWithoutEnd

I also realize that many well intended teachers believe that Ezekiel 37:16-21 has been fulfilled...but I'm personally not convinced, as per Ezek 37:22, they have no king as of yet...and to us, there is only one King of kings, who as per Ezek 37:24 David shall also be their king...and this has yet to be fulfilled.
God Bless.

WorldWithoutEnd

Also, I really think that it's no coincidence that the people of Israel has the star of David, of Judah as their national flag..

WorldWithoutEnd

I also realize that many well intended teachers believe that Ezekiel 37:16-21 has been fulfilled...but I'm personally not convinced, as per Ezek 37:22, they have no king as of yet...and to us, there is only one King of kings, who as per Ezek 37:24 David shall also be their king...and this has yet to be fulfilled.
God Bless.
Jesus Christ - King of kings
David - Prince (Ezek 37:25)in Israel, but also King..(Ezek 37:24)
This can only happen if there is a King of kings sitting on his throne..Maranatha!

Micki

MARANATHA!!
Also, I really think that it's no coincidence that the people of Israel has the star of David, of Judah as their national flag..

Actually the menorah is their rightful national symbol.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/emblem.html

There is no history which ties the six pointed star to King David. In fact, there is a possibility that the six pointed star is attached to idol worship.

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images,
the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

In addition if you search the Internet for "star of David occult symbol" you will find a host of websites showing a six pointed star is used in occult worship. I personally doubt that the symbol called "The Star of David" is an acceptable symbol to Yehovah.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Your thoughts
Was reading the scriptures and this thought came to mind.
Who is presently returning to Israel?
Are they from the house of Judah or from the house of Israel?

I'd say probably both. But in Ezekiel 36:22-32 he refers to them as the House of Israel. In Ezekiel 37 he refers to them as the House of David, yet refers to the land of Israel. Like my post above, I think there's a little bit of all the tribes that were left before they were dispersed. :idunno

WorldWithoutEnd

I'd say probably both. But in Ezekiel 36:22-32 he refers to them as the House of Israel. In Ezekiel 37 he refers to them as the House of David, yet refers to the land of Israel. Like my post above, I think there's a little bit of all the tribes that were left before they were dispersed. :idunno
Yes, there very well could be...but we do know that in the millennial kingdom every tribe will get a lot...so then it must be Christ who has the knowledge as to who belongs where, since, to my knowledge, Israel today does not identify by its different tribes..I find this interesting.

WorldWithoutEnd

But what about Zech 12:7?
We know that this chapter does relate to the return of Christ because of verse 10..
Verse 7 speaks specifically of Judah and the house of David...regardless, this is a non issue to me, as providentially, God knows exactly who's returning even if the identities of the tribes are not apparent.
The issue I do have is with those who claim that they are Jews but are not, or simply calling someone a Jew just because he adheres to Judaism...and another reason why I'm so fascinated by all this, is because the claims of some to be part of the lost tribes..thus why I asked if any knew of any genetic testing that may have been done, cause what if some are?
I ask, because the news that some are attempting to prove legal rights to the temple mount claiming that they are direct descendants of the house of David, which they probably are. We are ever so close to going home...

WorldWithoutEnd

In addition if you search the Internet for "star of David occult symbol" you will find a host of websites showing a six pointed star is used in occult worship. I personally doubt that the symbol called "The Star of David" is an acceptable symbol to Yehovah.
And I agree sis, but to the people of Israel it is, and personally, everytime I look at their flag, I'm reminded of Judah and the house of David...just because that's how THEY have chosen to identify themselves.

Micki

MARANATHA!!
And I agree sis, but to the people of Israel it is, and personally, everytime I look at their flag, I'm reminded of Judah and the house of David...just because that's how THEY have chosen to identify themselves.

And it is most interesting how they chose to identify themselves. It's something I'd love to analyze and pick apart, but can't without knowing the origin of the star.

josiah7

And it is most interesting how they chose to identify themselves. It's something I'd love to analyze and pick apart, but can't without knowing the origin of the star.
The Star of David is Zionist and is not Jewish. There is a difference between the two, Zionist is politically minded and Jewish is religion minded. True Jewish people who follow the Almighty and are waiting for the Messiah want nothing to do with the Star of David.
That is my understanding from things I have been told and articles I have read.

WorldWithoutEnd

I personally don't really know...God knows...and that's good enough for me.
I cannot wait to see the restoration of the whole house of Israel...what a glorious day that will be, when out of Zion comes forth Jesus the Christ and shall save his people from their sins...replacing their hearts of stone with one of flesh..

To God our Father be all glory through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Back