Israel to offer Italy gas, wants it to recognize Jerusalem as capital

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Israel to offer Italy gas, wants it to recognize Jerusalem as capital
Amid heated protests against the proposed reforms to Israel's judiciary, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has his sights set on Italy recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
By TOVAH LAZAROFF

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hopes to sway Italy to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital as he headed to Rome on Thursday for a three-day visit. "I believe the time has come for Rome to recognize Jerusalem as the ancestral capital of the Jewish people for three thousand years, as the United States did with a gesture of great friendship," Netanyahu said in an interview with Italy's la Repubblica newspaper published on Thursday.

Like the rest of the European Union, Italy has opposed recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital outside of the final status agreement for a two-state resolution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. In the interim, the EU has supported a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 lines, with east Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-733782

GHoe

I would love to see the EastMed pipeline get revitalized. Let's hope Meloni says yes. Although if just Italy, maybe the gas would be shipped instead of a pipeline like was thought previously for more extensive European distribution. I've always thought Eastmed and NS2 were part of the big picture. NS2 is proving to be so far it seems.

daygo

I would love to see the EastMed pipeline get revitalized. Let's hope Meloni says yes. Although if just Italy, maybe the gas would be shipped instead of a pipeline like was thought previously for more extensive European distribution. I've always thought Eastmed and NS2 were part of the big picture. NS2 is proving to be so far it seems.
Agree.

Back