Israel strikes Iranian targets near Damascus - report

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Israel strikes Iranian targets near Damascus - report
Syrian air defenses downed several missiles coming across the Golan Heights in Israel before they hit their targets in the capital Damascus, Syrian state television said on Thursday.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
FEBRUARY 14, 2020

The IAF launched an airstrike in the Damascus area, according to the Syrian news agency SANA, in addition to multiple sources. Syrian air defenses downed several missiles coming across Israel's Golan Heights before they hit their targets in the capital, Damascus, Syrian state television said on Thursday. The attack was allegedly targeting Iranian ammunition depots in the city. Israel has continued to strike targets in Syria, as well as Iraq, as part of a campaign to weaken Iran and to remove its forces from the region. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Army Radio on Wednesday that Israel would not allow Iran to gain a foothold along the northern border, pointing out that Israel has conducted "countless" attacks to prevent this. Last week, SANA reported that Israel had attacked military targets in western Damascus. According to the Syrian Human Rights Organization, missiles have been launched at bases and positions of the Syrian army and pro-Iranian militias. It was also reported that 23 people were killed in the attack last week, including pro-Iranian militiamen.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-strikes-Iranian-targets-near-Damascus-report-617569

Rome36863

I hope I am right when I think that the big show is not going to start until the Restrainer if removed, namely the Holy Spirit, and along with him, the Church of true believers. Maybe wrong and things may go hot before then, but I hope and pray not.

Dave_97

The tension in Syria has been ongoing for years now. I feel like without God's restraining influence war should have already erupted years ago in the middle east. The question is how long is God going to restrain evil? Personally, I feel like God is putting the pieces together and preparing for a spectacular event aka the rapture of the Church. Right after the rapture sudden destruction and perplexity will engulf the world. Isaiah 17:1 will most likely get fulfilled after the rapture in my opinion.

The upcoming elections for Israel and America are monumental events this year. I don't find it a coincidence at all that God pushed the peace plan to get revealed the same year as the election of these two nations. God's timing is too perfect, I'm sure the rapture will happen at the most perfect time in a way that the left behind world will be utterly shaken to confusion. It may be tomorrow, next week, or in the next couple of years. Bottom line, it's imminent.

My only worry is that people don't realize the world is approaching the the tribulation at such a high pace. Pray and share the Gospel to people. Today I texted one of my friends who is an agnostic. I explained Isiah 17 to him. I've shared with him a few things about the gospel multiple times before but he remains agnostic. However, I know when he see specific prophecies happen he can remember that it is the God of the bible who is true. I encourage people to also preach the Word through bible prophecy, a lot could be saved once they realize the accuracy of the bible.

antitox

I have thought that Israel could be the one that levels Damascus. Israel basically leveled parts of Lebanon years ago. I think these regions know that Israel is quite capable of doing that, so they pound a little here and a little there without drawing too much response, but just arms depot attacks.