1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Israel must build and build in Judea and Samaria after Trump takes office'

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Chris, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

'Israel must build and build in Judea and Samaria after Trump takes office'
    By Jeremy Sharon
    10 January 2017 13:32
    Shaked calls for increased West Bank construction during trip to Hebron; Liberman: UNSC resolution 2334 a direct result of Settlements Arrangements Law.
    (Ayelet Shaked speaks at the Cave of the Patriarchs‏)

Justice Minister and Bayit Yehudi MK Ayelet Shaked said on Tuesday during a visit to Hebron that in ten days time Israel needs to “build and build” in Judea and Samaria. Her comments are a reference to the inauguration of President- elect Donald Trump on January 20 and Bayit Yehudi’s expectation that he will not object to further settlement construction as previous presidents have.

Last week, Bayit Yehudi chairman Naftali Bennett declared that his party would advance legislation to annex Ma’aleh Adumim once Trump takes office, as part of efforts to annex the rest of Area C of the West Bank. Two senior figures in the coalition, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman and senior Likud MK and Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi, objected, however, saying that unilateral steps without coordination with the Trump administration could be diplomatically dangerous.

During her visit to Hebron, Shaked visited the Cave of the Patriarchs shrine, the city’s Jewish neighborhood and archeological digs in the Jewish part of the city, among other areas. “I am here, at a time when the world chooses to condemn Israel for [settlement] construction, and I chose to come and to strengthen the Jewish settlement in Hebron,” said the justice minister during the trip. “It’s unreasonable that construction in Hebron has been stuck for such a long time,” she added.

more.................http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...a-and-Samaria-after-Trump-takes-office-477985

2. ShilohRose

ShilohRose Well-Known Member

I think this is a fine idea.

3. duckdogger

duckdogger Well-Known Member

For each new building, be sure to take a photo and send a copy to Obama and Kerry with the caption, thinking of you.

ShilohRose and LivingForHim like this.
  4. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

I like it.

ShilohRose likes this.