Israel intensifying air war in Syria against Iranian encroachment

Lovin Jesus

This is from April 22 but good to watch because now with the escalating conflict between Israel and the Palestinians Syria has been firing upon Israel during the conflict

AMMAN (Reuters) – Israel has dramatically expanded air strikes on suspected Iranian missile and weapons production centres in Syria to repel what it sees as a stealthy military encroachment by its regional arch-enemy, Western and regional intelligence sources say.

Capitalising on a longtime alliance with Syria, Iran is moving parts of its advanced missile and arms industry into pre-existing underground compounds to develop a sophisticated arsenal within range of Israeli population centres, according to Israeli and Western intelligence sources and Syrian defectors.

Israel tolerated the entry of thousands of Iranian militia fighters from Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan into Syria to fight alongside President Bashar al-Assad against insurgents seeking to topple his authoritarian family rule.

The only Israeli intervention earlier in Syria’s conflict consisted of sporadic air strikes to destroy arms shipments to the Iran-backed Lebanese group Hezbollah, and prevent militias setting up bases in southwest Syria, close to Israeli territory.

But with Assad having all but snuffed out the decade-long insurgency with the crucial help of Iranian and Russian forces, Israel has turned to targeting Iran’s penetration into Syria’s military infrastructure, three Israeli security officials and two Western officials familiar with the matter said.

Israeli army Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi said in December that more than 500 Israeli missile strikes in 2020 alone had “slowed down Iran’s entrenchment in Syria…But we still have a long way to go to reach our goals in this arena”.

A dozen Syrian military and Western intelligence officials said that topping Israel’s hit list has been any infrastructure that could be advancing Iran’s effort to produce more precision-guided missiles that could erode Israel’s regional military edge, rather than any existing Iranian-linked military asset.

Read more
https://wkzo.com/2021/04/22/israel-intensifying-air-war-in-syria-against-iranian-encroachment/

Lovin Jesus

Moving closer towards Isaiah 17.....

Today, 1:05 am

Israel said to target army base near Damascus used by Iranian forces​

Israeli missiles fired from the Golan Heights struck targets south of Damascus late Wednesday night, according to Syrian state media.

SANA reported that Israel launched surface-to-surface missiles from the Golan Heights, which fell near the town of Zakiya, causing property damage.

While explosions from the strike rocked Damascus, there were no reports of Syrian air defense systems activated, likely due to the use of surface-to-surface munitions as opposed to missiles fired from the air. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

Local media reported that the target was a Syrian military base used by pro-Iranian militias.

Wednesday night’s attack was the second one attributed to Israel this month.

More
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-to-target-army-base-near-damascus-used-by-iranian-forces/

Lovin Jesus

We could see the prophecy happen with Damascus Isaiah 1 sometime soon! Wow, it is something to see prophecy coming to pass in our life time! :thumbup:thumbup
We just might see Damascus obliterated soon. There's almost daily airstrikes from the IDF to Syria near Damascus. If they still have a stockpile of arms in Damascus one of those airstrikes are going to impact them and blow up

Lovin Jesus

I wonder what it will take to cause Israel to blow up Damascus, leaving it in ruins?

BB
From what Ive read Iran has proxies in Syria and there are some bunkers with alot of Military arsenal. I've thought iiy could be possible that with IDF strikes where those bunkers are it could cause massive explosions.could be a possibility but it could be something else.

athenasius

I sometimes wonder this, all they do is strike the outskirts and nothing else happens so am wondering if it'll be one big mistake or something else that forces Israel to act or even some one other than Israel.
That is exactly what I think too daygo, and part of it is because Isaiah 17 happens overnight. A lot of prophecy people are pointing to the relentless destruction of the various suburbs of Damascus, and they are right in saying it's looking closer than ever BUT something happens suddenly.

So suddenly that Damascus who starts it (I did a whole word study on this here on one of the threads) by attacking Israel in some way, are dealt with, as the "children of Israel" do something in return. It's all over in a night.

One of the possibilities would be Damascus Syria would make that attack if Israel had to attack Iran in some way, like taking out the nukes in Iran.

Iran and Bashar al Assad are closely allied. Assad is a member of the Alawite Muslims, a minority in Syria but controlling the government, and that is a Shiite offshoot of Islam, so the Shiites of Iran feel kinship to them and vice versa. Both Assad and Iran's mullahs kill the Sunnis of Syria without hesitating.

So if Israel had to take out the nukes in Iran one fine bright sunny morning, I could see Assad launching something (with help from Iran of course, he can't tie his shoes without them it seems) at Israel that backfires on them.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
That is exactly what I think too daygo, and part of it is because Isaiah 17 happens overnight. A lot of prophecy people are pointing to the relentless destruction of the various suburbs of Damascus, and they are right in saying it's looking closer than ever BUT something happens suddenly.

So suddenly that Damascus who starts it (I did a whole word study on this here on one of the threads) by attacking Israel in some way, are dealt with, as the "children of Israel" do something in return. It's all over in a night.

One of the possibilities would be Damascus Syria would make that attack if Israel had to attack Iran in some way, like taking out the nukes in Iran.

Iran and Bashar al Assad are closely allied. Assad is a member of the Alawite Muslims, a minority in Syria but controlling the government, and that is a Shiite offshoot of Islam, so the Shiites of Iran feel kinship to them and vice versa. Both Assad and Iran's mullahs kill the Sunnis of Syria without hesitating.

So if Israel had to take out the nukes in Iran one fine bright sunny morning, I could see Assad launching something (with help from Iran of course, he can't tie his shoes without them it seems) at Israel that backfires on them.

Damascus already looks like it has been completely destroyed, i wonder how much media attention it will get when it does come to fufilment

TrustinHim

I am wondering if Iran might try to position a Nuke in Damascus to have a quick flight and circumvent Israel's abilities to shoot it down. Israel finds out and immediately fires its own and utterly destroys the city leaving it a radioactive ruins. There's some reason that it is never reoccupied.

GHoe

This week it was leaked that Russia was going to withdrawl troops from their Syrian positions and shift their assets to Ukraine to bolster thier efforts on that front. Although this was leaked, it has yet to happen. From the information I have seen, it's plausible that Iran/Hezbollah may backfill the positions/bases.

If Iran moves in and Russia leaves, I would think Israel would feel emboldened to increase strikes against Pro-Iran targets in Syria further. The vacuum of Russia leaving may be too much for Iran to resist, even though Russia was the one checking Israel and their Syrian strikes.

With no Russia in Syria or severely diminished ability, does Israel then see a green light for attacks and if Russia were to warn Israel at that point, would that warning hold any legitimacy ?

Also, if Russia leaves Syria would Israel feel emboldened, do they then back Ukraine further (instead of towing the line to not poke the bear who lived next door) and offer them the weapons systems they have been holding back ?

Something to watch for that could have some further implications..

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
From the information I have seen, it's plausible that Iran/Hezbollah may backfill the positions/bases.
there was a news release about 8-10 months ago about Iran military personnel/equipment were staging near Golan Heights area, will try and locate that news piece.

daygo

Very possible athanasius especially as what Iran and Israel are spouting at the moment.