Israel Elections: Likud cautiously celebrates as Netanyahu leads polls

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Israel Elections: Likud cautiously celebrates as Netanyahu leads polls
Danny Danon: “After years of political instability, the citizens of Israel voted for a nationalist government that will bring back security and governance to the citizens of Israel.”
By LAHAV HARKOV
Published: NOVEMBER 1, 2022

Likud MKs and activists celebrated, but cautiously, after initial exit polls showed a majority for the bloc supporting opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday night. “Israel is returning to sanity today,” former ambassador to the UN and Likud Knesset candidate Danny Danon said. “After years of political instability, the citizens of Israel voted for a nationalist government that will bring back security and governance to the citizens of Israel.”

MK Galit Distal-Atbarian was more circumspect, pointing out that the results are not yet final, and a rumored surge in votes in the Arab sector could mean a tie or a loss. “I don’t know if we’re standing on safe ground,” she said. “It doesn’t mean we won yet. We have to wait… to see if we win. I’m holding back my joy. I’ll wait a few hours to express my joy safely.”

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-elections/article-721231

Back