1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israel already preparing for end of UN ban on Iran missile activity

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Chris, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Israel already preparing for end of UN ban on Iran missile activity
    By Michael Wilner
    March 20, 2017 00:04
    The deal allows Iran to expand the number of centrifuges it can use to enrich uranium, as well as the number of facilities it can use to host enrichment, in nine years.
    Iran missile

WASHINGTON – Throughout international talks with Iran over its nuclear program, Israeli leadership offered a common refrain: Ten years may be a long time in the life of a politician, but it is nothing in the life of a nation. In that spirit, Israel’s government is already planning for the expiration of several critical provisions in the deal that resulted from those talks, including two restrictions on Iran that sunset within the next few years on arms sales and its ballistic missile program.

Last month in Washington, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told The Jerusalem Post that he was working with the Trump administration on ways to mitigate the effects of some of the deal’s most challenging sunset clauses. For Israel, Iran is more dangerous if it abides by the deal than if it breaches it, he said.

Asked if he could offer specifics on his strategy, Netanyahu replied, “I could, but I won’t.” But those with his ear tell the Post that discussions have already begun, starting with a clause that lifts a UN ban on Iran’s ballistic missile work in just under seven years.

That ban, in Annex B of UN Security Council Resolution 2231, requires Iran “not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology.” The provision also bans states from supplying, selling or transferring equipment, technology or training to Iran relevant to the advancement of that missile program.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Is...end-of-UN-ban-on-Iran-missile-activity-484634

2. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I suspect that the hour is past for Israel to protect itself from Iran... I'm thinking that it'll be the Eze 38-39 war where God will do it for them.

Chris and John Romans like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure what Israel and the US are waiting for? Obama would never do anything. But Trump may give Israel a green light to take out the Iranian nuclear program. That is a scenario that I could see that would cause Iran to come all the way over there to try to fight Israel. Russia and turkey would probably join per Ezekiel 38-39 but they are in for a rude awakening. :sad

4. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

It's like waiting for paint to dry.

DanLMP likes this.