Israel advancing UN General Assembly resolution aimed at combating Holocaust denial

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Israel advancing UN General Assembly resolution aimed at combating Holocaust denial
Envoy confident measure will pass overwhelmingly later this month; it won’t have enforcement mechanism, but Erdan says effects of new international standard will be significant
By Jacob Magid
5 January 2022

Israel will bring a resolution aimed at combating Holocaust denial for a vote before the United Nations General Assembly later this month, Ambassador Gilad Erdan announced on Wednesday. The resolution will provide a specific classification for Holocaust denial, using the working definition put together by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. It will provide actions expected of signatory countries in order to address the phenomenon, and will demand social media networks remove posts that fall under the IHRA definition, Erdan said in a briefing with reporters.

The vote will be held on January 20, the 80th anniversary of the Wannsee Conference organized by the Nazis to coordinate the implementation of Hitler’s Final Solution. The envoy said the decision to advance the resolution followed a “dramatic rise in antisemitism and Holocaust denial” in recent years, particularly following last year’s Gaza conflict. Erdan acknowledged that like all GA resolutions, this latest one will not come with an enforcement mechanism. However, he expressed hope that by setting a new “international standard” for what constitutes Holocaust denial and how social media companies are expected to act in response, the resolution will have significant ramifications on the discourse moving forward.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...solution-aimed-at-combating-holocaust-denial/

Footsteps

Eliminating Holocaust denial will be a challenge for those nations whose religion views hating/killing Jews as service to God.
An “international standard” will be sought for signatories to uphold. There will be no enforcement of the agreement. Translation:
“Every man has a plan that will not work”. Progress on this plan will become measurable beginning with the Millennial Kingdom.

SkyRider

I can't think of any other subject - other than maybe the birth of Christ every December - that gets or has gotten more coverage than the atrocities committed by the Nazis to the Jews during those WWII years than that of the Holocaust. There are still numerous films that come up on Netflix or other movie venues that still relate to that topic now some 80 years later. My wife and I have viewed an untold number of such films. There are museums in various places around the globe that are a testament to the horror of those years. I've walked thru the Anne Frank house twice in my travels through Amsterdam. I have been thru Dachau twice when I was flying for Lufthansa back in the late 80s, having taken my parents through there and my wife's parents when they came to visit us in Germany. Other relics of concentration camps are still left standing at various locales in Northern Europe.

How is it possible to be a Holocaust denier. The evidence of it happening is abundant.

athenasius

I can't think of any other subject - other than maybe the birth of Christ every December - that gets or has gotten more coverage than the atrocities committed by the Nazis to the Jews during those WWII years than that of the Holocaust. There are still numerous films that come up on Netflix or other movie venues that still relate to that topic now some 80 years later. My wife and I have viewed an untold number of such films. There are museums in various places around the globe that are a testament to the horror of those years. I've walked thru the Anne Frank house twice in my travels through Amsterdam. I have been thru Dachau twice when I was flying for Lufthansa back in the late 80s, having taken my parents through there and my wife's parents when they came to visit us in Germany. Other relics of concentration camps are still left standing at various locales in Northern Europe.

How is it possible to be a Holocaust denier. The evidence of it happening is abundant.
The delusions of a warped mind, listening to Satan. And there are a lot of them. Including in Christian circles there are people who engage in Anti Semitic nonsense or deny Israel's right to the land, or the promises in the Bible or who say that God is done with the Jews. So many ways Satan has poisoned the minds of people, so much so that it is a mass delusion.