Islamist rebels kill at least nine in eastern Congo attacks

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Islamist rebels kill at least nine in eastern Congo attacks
By REUTERS

Islamist rebels killed at least nine civilians in a string of attacks on Thursday and Friday in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the army and local authorities said. The attackers used machetes and guns to kill the victims who were working in fields in a rural area straddling the border of conflict-torn Ituri and North Kivu provinces, local traditional chief Fataki Sabuni said. Two women were among the dead, he added.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/international/article-784934

DWB

Does anyone have any intelligent reason why so many on the African continent are turning to Islam? Is it a lack of education? Coercion? Why chose hate over love?

katt

Does anyone have any intelligent reason why so many on the African continent are turning to Islam? Is it a lack of education? Coercion? Why chose hate over love?
They've been doing it for centuries, Muslims have been killing Africans since the conception of Islam and enslaving survivors, many Africans realized survival meant conversion to Islam. I'm of the belief that many who were brought over here were influenced by Islam, I think many of their hatreds and refusal to forget slavery stem from an ancestral memory of Islamic influence. Something ingrained in some them from generation to generation until it became what it is now. It's only my opinion, but I see Islamic influence in all the riots ran by African Americans now days.

usoutpost31

Christianity is also growing fast in Africa. 25% of the world's believers are there.

But Islamic State is in Africa too. When they lost their territory in the Middle East they went down to Africa and are trying to set up a new caliphate down there. Many of Africa's governments are weak or corrupt and lack the security apparatus to protect their people.

Carl

Apparently it fits in better with the native way of thinking. They were muslim back when the United States was being formed. The tribes fought with each other and when they won they would take prisoners and sell them to the slave traders.

katt

Apparently it fits in better with the native way of thinking. They were muslim back when the United States was being formed. The tribes fought with each other and when they won they would take prisoners and sell them to the slave traders.
Actually, the ones that were brought over here kicking and screaming were the lucky ones. The others were killed and many were cannibalized. This truth should have been taught by the first ones to their children and passed down through the generations. If it had been me, I would have made sure my descendants knew the truth about what happened to me.

DWB

Thanks to all for the responses to my question. I believe the violence and the ability to do evil while serving their god it what many find attractive. It's like having approval for doing evil.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to all for the responses to my question. I believe the violence and the ability to do evil while serving their god it what many find attractive. It's like having approval for doing evil.
The bottom line is that it appeals to the natural and corrupted man. There is a Bible verse that references men doing what think is a "service" to God with such things. :doh :ohno

Back