Islamic State claims responsibility for attack in Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Islamic State claims responsibility for attack in Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif
The explosions killed at least nine and injured 15 members of the local Shi'a community, who are a religious minority in Afghanistan. A bomb also went off in a mosque in Kabul.
By REUTERS
Published: MAY 25, 2022

Islamic State claimed responsibility for an attack in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif, the militant group said on its Telegram channel on Wednesday. Three blasts tore through passenger vehicles in Mazar-i-Sharif on Wednesday, killing at least nine and injuring 15, a provincial commander spokesman said, as authorities confirmed another blast in Kabul, the Afghan capital. The ISIS attack in Mazar-i-Sharif, which is in the northern Balkh province, targeted members of Shi'ia community, who are a religious minority in Afghanistan.

The Kabul blast tore through a mosque, killing at least five people, authorities and hospitals said. A spokesman for the capital's commander said at least two people were injured. Emergency Hospital said in a tweet that it had received five bodies from the blast and more than a dozen wounded patients.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-707685