Is your Internet access slow?

Goodboy

My Internet access became very slow at times ever since my daughter got a new PC. I discovered that my daughter's new PC was sending a lot of traffic to and from the Internet. It has been driving me crazy trying to find out what program or service on her PC is causing this. While I still have not discovered the problem just yet, I did find out today that Windows has a built in utility to troubleshoot network traffic. It's called "Resource Monitor".

Here is a link below that talks about this utility.
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/12/28/a-detailed-windows-resource-monitor-guide/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Mine's slow compared to most, but way faster than it used to be. I can just barely stream a movie and to be honest I never thought I'd have internet that fast in this rural home.

Milly_Light

I rarely use the computer. I use my smartphone daily and my phone is 3G though my sim card is 4G. So the network I use is 3G and it is mostly slow but I might replace my phone within 5 years God willing and might get a 4G. That is if rapture will still have not happened.

Milly_Light

If you haven't yet and are planning to wait longer they will have 5G by then.

I don't want 5G. I have read about it. I hear the 5G exposure is not good for humans and causes mental illness and I have read that introduction of 5G is a means to kill humans slowly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard bad news about 5G.

Carl

I don't want 5G. I have read about it. I hear the 5G exposure is not good for humans and causes mental illness and I have read that introduction of 5G is a means to kill humans slowly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard bad news about 5G.
I have heard the same thing about 5G that you are reporting. What I read is that the 5G network broadcasts at a higher power than the earlier versions and that is the problem. From a physical point of view that could be it.

Speed, I am still running XP. In the last year it seems that it has slowed down significantly. If I do a speed test it hasn't slowed down. It is the initial access to the internet that seems to be slowing down. I have a firewall that tells me what internet contacts my computer is making. Google is a big player in that. The internet will never be the same again. It has switched from being information sourced to being money sourced.

DanLMP

I actually edited my reply before posting. I didn't want it to be too reactionary.

My original read: If you haven't yet and are planning to wait longer they will have that brain frying 5G by then.

Milly_Light

I actually edited my reply before posting. I didn't want it to be too reactionary.

My original read: If you haven't yet and are planning to wait longer they will have that brain frying 5G by then.

Haha. The original is better. Maybe you should return the original post. :D