Is your Internet access slow?

Goodboy

My Internet access became very slow at times ever since my daughter got a new PC. I discovered that my daughter's new PC was sending a lot of traffic to and from the Internet. It has been driving me crazy trying to find out what program or service on her PC is causing this. While I still have not discovered the problem just yet, I did find out today that Windows has a built in utility to troubleshoot network traffic. It's called "Resource Monitor".

Here is a link below that talks about this utility.
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/12/28/a-detailed-windows-resource-monitor-guide/

Milly_Light

I rarely use the computer. I use my smartphone daily and my phone is 3G though my sim card is 4G. So the network I use is 3G and it is mostly slow but I might replace my phone within 5 years God willing and might get a 4G. That is if rapture will still have not happened.

Milly_Light

If you haven't yet and are planning to wait longer they will have 5G by then.

I don't want 5G. I have read about it. I hear the 5G exposure is not good for humans and causes mental illness and I have read that introduction of 5G is a means to kill humans slowly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard bad news about 5G.

Carl

I don't want 5G. I have read about it. I hear the 5G exposure is not good for humans and causes mental illness and I have read that introduction of 5G is a means to kill humans slowly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard bad news about 5G.
I have heard the same thing about 5G that you are reporting. What I read is that the 5G network broadcasts at a higher power than the earlier versions and that is the problem. From a physical point of view that could be it.

Speed, I am still running XP. In the last year it seems that it has slowed down significantly. If I do a speed test it hasn't slowed down. It is the initial access to the internet that seems to be slowing down. I have a firewall that tells me what internet contacts my computer is making. Google is a big player in that. The internet will never be the same again. It has switched from being information sourced to being money sourced.

DanLMP

I actually edited my reply before posting. I didn't want it to be too reactionary.

My original read: If you haven't yet and are planning to wait longer they will have that brain frying 5G by then.

DanLMP

The thing with 5G is that if it is unsafe, it won't matter whether you use a phone with it or not, correct me if I'm wrong. May as well utilize it if it's already going to be frying your brain, eh? :lol
In nuke school we learned that the way to reduce your radiation exposer is time, distance and shielding.

If the phone itself emits bad vibes, the sound you hear when placing it next to your ear might be your brain frying. Or broccoli screaming.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I rarely use the computer. I use my smartphone daily and my phone is 3G though my sim card is 4G. So the network I use is 3G and it is mostly slow but I might replace my phone within 5 years God willing and might get a 4G. That is if rapture will still have not happened.
You must have a phone where you can replace the battery... otherwise I don't think it would last that long.

Milly_Light

You must have a phone where you can replace the battery... otherwise I don't think it would last that long.

My current phone which is my second smartphone to use, is now two years old. And yes the battery is replaceable.

My first smartphone lasted four years and I did replace the battery in the third year but the problem was the many cracks on the screen and small storage space.