Is this the year for the big one?

Endangered

California has had a bunch of small quakes lately. The San Andrea's fault is part of the Pacific Rim of Fire. Most of the Rim of Fire is offshore. The problem is the fault line runs on land in Cal. It runs just east of Los Angeles through the state and exits land at San Fran. If a major quake hits San Fran is at VERY great risk because it is on top of the fault. It is not impossible that San Fran could be leveled. The damage might even be more in dollars in the Los Angeles area because the population is much greater. The fault is a little east of LA but the suburbs are HUGE and thousands of homes could be leveled. In addition damage to roads and sewage systems and commercial establishments could create very severe shortages.
And the fault runs through the central valley where there are thousands of farms. Food supply to many Americans could dry up.
I believe God is giving an unbelieving world a glimpse of what is to come after the Rapture.
I would not want to be anywhere near Cal when the big one does hit.

ShilohRose

California has had a bunch of small quakes lately. The San Andrea's fault is part of the Pacific Rim of Fire. Most of the Rim of Fire is offshore. The problem is the fault line runs on land in Cal. It runs just east of Los Angeles through the state and exits land at San Fran. If a major quake hits San Fran is at VERY great risk because it is on top of the fault. It is not impossible that San Fran could be leveled. The damage might even be more in dollars in the Los Angeles area because the population is much greater. The fault is a little east of LA but the suburbs are HUGE and thousands of homes could be leveled. In addition damage to roads and sewage systems and commercial establishments could create very severe shortages.
And the fault runs through the central valley where there are thousands of farms. Food supply to many Americans could dry up.
I believe God is giving an unbelieving world a glimpse of what is to come after the Rapture.
This reminds me of the movie, San Andreas, starring Dwayne Johnson.

Lovin Jesus

Where I live they put a seismic lab on campus at our Community College because of the San Andreas activity here. You know how California has said for years, even decades that the a Big One is overdue? I have wondered whether that Big One will happen when Revelation 16:18 takes place during the tribulation, that great earthquake that will be felt worldwide. I have heard that there are a few faults that run together in California if a huge major quake happened it would string the faults at the same time and the state will be devastated. In the 60’s it use to be said California would break away from the US and fall into the ocean. I never believed it then, now I’m not sure

SonSeeker

Where I live they put a seismic lab on campus at our Community College because of the San Andreas activity here. You know how California has said for years, even decades that the a Big One is overdue? I have wondered whether that Big One will happen when Revelation 16:18 takes place during the tribulation, that great earthquake that will be felt worldwide. I have heard that there are a few faults that run together in California if a huge major quake happened it would string the faults at the same time and the state will be devastated. In the 60’s it use to be said California would break away from the US and fall into the ocean. I never believed it then, now I’m not sure
It is of course, possible the Big One that seismologists have been forecasting for California is the same as the one God tells us will occur in Revelation 16:18, but I doubt it.
I believe the one in Revelation 16:18 will be far, far greater than anything we can imagine.

Revelation 8:5 refers to an earthquake, ".Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake," as well as Revelation 13:5, " In the same hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. In the earthquake seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven." Also, Revelation 11:19, " Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of [a]His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail."

Any of these three could be referring to California, or maybe none of them do. Afterall, the USA doesn't even seem to be mentioned in the Bible.:doh2

Lovin Jesus

It is of course, possible the Big One that seismologists have been forecasting for California is the same as the one God tells us will occur in Revelation 16:18, but I doubt it.
I believe the one in Revelation 16:18 will be far, far greater than anything we can imagine.

Revelation 8:5 refers to an earthquake, ".Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake," as well as Revelation 13:5, " In the same hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. In the earthquake seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven." Also, Revelation 11:19, " Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of [a]His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail."

Any of these three could be referring to California, or maybe none of them do. Afterall, the USA doesn't even seem to be mentioned in the Bible.:doh2
Very true. I only referred to Revelation 16 because that one will be so strong it will shake the whole world and also shake the heavens. But that specific quake doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the big one California is expected to get. I just thought it could be. The judgement quake will be far worse and nothing will I be left standing. Isaiah 24:18-23