Is this the year for the big one?

Lynn

2.78 New Madrid, Missouri Earthquake today. This one got my attention. This is the fault we are always warned about here in KY! I just added earthquake insurance to my Homeowners policy, but so hope Jesus takes us before all of these quakes really get going
We lived in KY in the late 80's, and we heard about the New Madrid fault on a regular basis while we were there. For the last 22 years, we've lived in MO, and we still occasionally hear about the New Madrid fault. As Christians, we have nothing whatsoever to fear. So thankful for Hebrews 6:19, Jesus is the Anchor of our soul.

Kendigger

I have always been a big fan of disaster movies, and ended up working for ten years as a disaster first responder. There are many potential world-shaking catastrophies waiting , but I believe God is holding them all back for US to be taken off the planet first. The judgements in Revelation are all very possible, with the San Andreas and New Madrid faults overdue for a "big one", the slip plates off Washington and Oregon are ready to go, asteroids fly close to us monthy, hurricanes and tornadoes are increasing in frequency and strength, the monster volcano at Yellowstone is showing warning signs, 1/3 of the oceans are already dead by pollution, radiation, and heat, and more and more deadly flesh-eating bacteria are arising in both oceans but also public swimming pools, diseases are rampant, with reports of malaria and bubonic plaque coming back to homeless encampments - the trigger will be when we leave the planet, and then, "Watch out".

If you haven't run across it, look up "Revelation Station" on youtube. The creator mashed-up disaster movie scenes to show visually what may be coming. He places the Rapture in the wrong spot (he apparently is a "mid-trib"believer), but his videos are are excellent visualization of the "Day of the Lord", and his depiction of Christ is beautiful and of the Devil and the Antichrist as equally powerful and scary.

antitox

As was said before, "don't let a good crisis go to waste." I'm quite sure that every disaster will be blamed on "climate change." Hannity had a liberal on his radio program yesterday and she used the hurricane that hit Bahamas was the strongest and Hannity had to correct her and said, no it may be the strongest for the Bahamas but not the world. He said one of the strongest if not THE strongest was in 1940. She just shelved that and kept rattling talking points off. So you can see they aren't worried about whether they are correct or not. They just want what they want.:(

kathymendel

Remember the 3.3 earthquake I reported on September 1, 2019 that was in Lake Elsinore, CA (about ten miles from me)???
Well, a few minutes ago we got another one...............this one is centered in Wildomar which is just past the hills behind our house.
Maybe two miles away. It was the loudest earthquake I have ever experienced! And, just one BIG jolt. It didn't go on and on.......... just heard a loud noise, a big BANG, and a big jolt. First reports are saying 3.9..................but, it sure felt a lot bigger. Maybe cuz we're practically sitting on top of it!!!! The signs just keep on coming......................

Edited to correct seismic rating.........got it wrong.

InsuranceGuy

2.78 New Madrid, Missouri Earthquake today. This one got my attention. This is the fault we are always warned about here in KY! I just added earthquake insurance to my Homeowners policy, but so hope Jesus takes us before all of these quakes really get going.
Much of my family lives near here. My parents and one older daughter live in Poplar Bluff and Williamsville, about an hour away. My cousin, Aunt & Uncle live here where the small earthquake was. Hopefully it was a small one time thing. None of this entire region is prepared for a large earthquake here....

kathymendel

When I changed insurance companies for insurance on my house, I was asked if I wanted earthquake insurance, too. As I live in southern California, you would think the answer would have been yes. No. It seems the earthquake insurance is funded and operates under "the state of California"!!!!! Haha............ so, even if you have the coverage, it's almost a sure thing they will never pay out or be organized enough to help anyone. The money is probably already re-distributed elsewhere illegally. if track record enters into it. I'll pass............

Cloud Watcher

When I changed insurance companies for insurance on my house, I was asked if I wanted earthquake insurance, too. As I live in southern California, you would think the answer would have been yes. No. It seems the earthquake insurance is funded and operates under "the state of California"!!!!! Haha............ so, even if you have the coverage, it's almost a sure thing they will never pay out or be organized enough to help anyone. The money is probably already re-distributed elsewhere illegally. if track record enters into it. I'll pass............
I live in Washington. I have earthquake and volcano coverage. I hope I never have to use them.