Is this the year for the big one?

Jamielynn

You live down south of me as the crow sort of flies (if it was not quite straight) :lol

But seriously speaking, the Mt Hood area is one of the big volcano zones like Rainier or Mt St Helens or Mt Baker all of which have the capability to suddenly roar to life and if MSH was any indication, volcanoes are preceded by a bunch of quakes small and large as the magma sloshes around underneath. Yellowstone's caldera is nearby and that is one big super volcano that is most definitely active.

We live 6 hours north of Vancouver BC driving north and west at about 100 km per hour, and our province is warned that if Baker ever blew it's top, say goodbye to the American Pacific Northwest around Seattle northwards to our Vancouver/lower mainland area.

Meanwhile we sit on a huge fault zone off the coast, which will knock out Vancouver etc if ever that gets going in the big quake we are supposed to have happen here in BC sooner or later.

Our area has small quakes, but we are between the coastal range and the Rockies.
If I could move outta Seattle, now would be the time. Although, hopeful we arnt here when the worst of the natural disasters for your and my region occur! Really wish we had a way of better predicting these things to be able to evacuate well before

Jamielynn

Did I just read somewhere that there was a 3.1 in Kentucky/Tennessee? Is that usual?
I saw that earlier too and wondered the same thing. I guess quakes aren’t uncommon for that area! However, I’ve been tracking usgs on an almost daily basis for the past 9 months and I don’t recall seeing any (but I could have very well missed) any there until today larger then a 2.5

athenasius

For all us quake buffs I just watched a new video that Barry Setterfield uploaded this morning onto YouTube. He is a scientist who studies physics, including geo physics and astrophysics, and was the first to notice and document the fact that the speed of light is not constant thru time. it was HIS original work that others built on. Not everyone in the Creation Science field agrees with him or each other, this is how science works, they present good theories for others to pick apart, the ones that remain standing become a foundation for more research. Barry has a lot of good stuff on his website, and in his YouTube videos.

Anyways, he was doing a study in Job this morning, and his charts and diagrams and explanations of the time period after the Flood are fantastic. He was a friend of my uncle Dr Ker Thomson who is now with the Lord, and is presenting some VERY good videos on earthquakes, volcanoes and why the Pacific Ring of Fire is rocking and rolling to this day. His site is GSR Updates, on YouTube and the video in question is Earth Catastrophes in the Time of Job. It runs in similar vein I think to the classic Dr. Henry Morris study on Job linking Job's account to geologic evidence. But updated.

I was looking at it, thinking of the volcanic activity and quake action we've been watching in this thread, and tying it into what's coming in Revelation during the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls Judgements and how similar they are to what he shows Job describing. Very interesting to watch.

SonSeeker

I was looking at it, thinking of the volcanic activity and quake action we've been watching in this thread, and tying it into what's coming in Revelation during the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls Judgements and how similar they are to what he shows Job describing. Very interesting to watch.
Sounds very interesting, Margery. Thank you for posting it for our viewing pleasure.

Endangered

The San Andreas Fault running through California is caused by the edge of the North American plate meeting the Pacific plate. The Pacific Plate is moving faster than the NA Plate. Some plates move over and under each other and this is more typical of under water faults. Plates that move like the SA Fault produce many many more quakes than the over and under plates.
Many experts say the SA Fault is way overdue for a really big quake. Maybe bigger than the 1906 San Francisco quake.
And dont forget the largest volcanic cauldron in the world is under Yellowstone.
The Bible says the convergence will be like birth pains. They start slowly and less painful but increase in frequency and pain over time.
Everything I have read about the convergence really gives me the willys. Im glad we RFers will be gone when all this goes down.
The US isnt really alluded to in End Times and it just may be the convergence that takes the US off the world stage during the Trib.

chaser

If the quake info on the live map site is correct, right now this instant is the slowest quake period I ever noticed!! When I check the site it will usually show 7, 8 or 9-10 hour period with all the quakes listed with a time and strength stamp. Right now it shows like 3 hours of quakes, all under 3.4 and I would say most are under 2.0 and half of those are between .8 and 1.7, very spooky is all I got. Most are in California as usual of late.
http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Jonathan

I've only been through two noticeable quakes.

The first was when I was in Los Angeles. I was sleeping at the time and woke up startled and confused (I was in the middle of a dream) but didn't know why. And I had no idea what just happened. It went back to bed only to find out later that day there had been a minor earthquake.

The second was here in Virginia a number of years ago, that spawned from somewhere in Tennessee I think. That one I was awake for, but it was also minor, so I was as first confused but quickly realized what had probably happened. I checked the news and confirmed it. It was the same earthquake that damaged the Washington monument, by the way.

When I was walking on the street I met one of my neighbors and explained we had just felt an earthquake. He knew what I was talking about but admitted, "I honestly thought it was a big truck driving along the interstate." Fair enough, we do live right by the interstate.

My point is, I can only imagine how scary it would be to be in a full fledged, "Stuff following off the shelves" or, worst yet, "Walls falling in" earthquake.

I can't imagine how unsettling that must be, to say the least.

LisaJoe1986

For all us quake buffs I just watched a new video that Barry Setterfield uploaded this morning onto YouTube. He is a scientist who studies physics, including geo physics and astrophysics, and was the first to notice and document the fact that the speed of light is not constant thru time. it was HIS original work that others built on. Not everyone in the Creation Science field agrees with him or each other, this is how science works, they present good theories for others to pick apart, the ones that remain standing become a foundation for more research. Barry has a lot of good stuff on his website, and in his YouTube videos.

Anyways, he was doing a study in Job this morning, and his charts and diagrams and explanations of the time period after the Flood are fantastic. He was a friend of my uncle Dr Ker Thomson who is now with the Lord, and is presenting some VERY good videos on earthquakes, volcanoes and why the Pacific Ring of Fire is rocking and rolling to this day. His site is GSR Updates, on YouTube and the video in question is Earth Catastrophes in the Time of Job. It runs in similar vein I think to the classic Dr. Henry Morris study on Job linking Job's account to geologic evidence. But updated.

Athenasius, I was just discussing the video from Barry Setterfield with my DH and pondering something I wanted to run by you. I am not as learned in prophetic things as many of you all are. It seems like the events Setterfield describes in His video that occurred in Job are also events that also occur during the tribulation. Could God possibly use those events to return the Earth to the super-continent prior to Christ's reign from Jerusalem? The big earthquake mentioned is supposed to level all mountains and make Jerusalem the highest place on Earth! That is a pretty drastic event.

athenasius

Athenasius, I was just discussing the video from Barry Setterfield with my DH and pondering something I wanted to run by you. I am not as learned in prophetic things as many of you all are. It seems like the events Setterfield describes in His video that occurred in Job are also events that also occur during the tribulation. Could God possibly use those events to return the Earth to the super-continent prior to Christ's reign from Jerusalem? The big earthquake mentioned is supposed to level all mountains and make Jerusalem the highest place on Earth! That is a pretty drastic event.
Lisa that struck me too! I actually left a comment under the video (I'm Kamloopscruiser along with George) and Barry answered that he and Helen (who goes by Penny, she's a fun spunky redhead) had taught on Revelation but hadn't been making direct connections at least in that video. They are trying to keep the videos edited down for length and also to stay on topic.

I only caught it because I was nattering away on that climate change thread that a new member started last week some time, and then I sat down to watch, and my eyes practically bugged out when he was talking about the asteroid hits of the past, using Job's description and tying it foreward to what I'd just been burbling on about in the seal, trumpet and bowl judgements of Revelation that have obvious geologic implications.

I was just stunned by the similarities.

I hadn't even thought of a possible return to the super continent but that is a WONDERFUL possibility! And yes you are right, the whole way that Jerusalem becomes the highest point on Earth does suggest a flattening out of the other mountain ridges that formed after the Flood like the Everest region, Swiss Alps or the Coastal range or the Rockies. makes sense. There's a lot of reformation of the Earth at that point and a return to a state of peace on Earth and the perfect conditions under Christ. Of course sinful human nature will STILL fail, ending all arguments of that "oh we are just bad because of our environment/parents/bad stuff that happened in childhood set of excuses.

Oh and you are very good on prophetic things btw! What a terrific insight!

Last edited:

SonSeeker

Could God possibly use those events to return the Earth to the super-continent prior to Christ's reign from Jerusalem? The big earthquake mentioned is supposed to level all mountains and make Jerusalem the highest place on Earth! That is a pretty drastic event.
You just might be on to something, LisaJoe1986!:thumbup
Of course, God is God, and is perfectly capable of doing that, afterall, He spoke the universe into existence! The only ones who have gone at this point is the church. And God would need to do all this in seven years, since that is the time from the Rapture to the Second Coming, and of course, this is the time of the Tribulation, when the Seal, Trumpet, and Bowl Judgements all occur. He could raise Jerusalem a few thousand feet, while numerous earthquakes and volcanoes could cause other land masses to drop significantly. I'm thinking North America and South America could sink beneath the waves, while another land mass nearer to Israel could rise up. Afterall, neither of these continents is even mentioned in End-Times Prophecy, and the USA is fast becoming a trash heap of immorality, making Sodom and Gomorrah look like choir boys.
Obviously, this is mostly conjecture on my part. And most of us (hopefully all!) on this forum will be occupied with loving and learning more about our Savior, enjoying the Wedding Supper, and getting acquainted with all the other saints in heaven!

LisaJoe1986

Lisa that struck me too! I actually left a comment under the video (I'm Kamloopscruiser along with George) and Barry answered that he and Helen (who goes by Penny, she's a fun spunky redhead) had taught on Revelation but hadn't been making direct connections at least in that video. They are trying to keep the videos edited down for length and also to stay on topic.

I only caught it because I was nattering away on that climate change thread that a new member started last week some time, and then I sat down to watch, and my eyes practically bugged out when he was talking about the asteroid hits of the past, using Job's description and tying it foreward to what I'd just been burbling on about in the seal, trumpet and bowl judgements of Revelation that have obvious geologic implications.

I was just stunned by the similarities.

I hadn't even thought of a possible return to the super continent but that is a WONDERFUL possibility! And yes you are right, the whole way that Jerusalem becomes the highest point on Earth does suggest a flattening out of the other mountain ridges that formed after the Flood like the Everest region, Swiss Alps or the Coastal range or the Rockies. makes sense. There's a lot of reformation of the Earth at that point and a return to a state of peace on Earth and the perfect conditions under Christ. Of course sinful human nature will STILL fail, ending all arguments of that "oh we are just bad because of our environment/parents/bad stuff that happened in childhood set of excuses.

Oh and you are very good on prophetic things btw! What a terrific insight!
Revelation also says there will be no seas. Maybe this means no seas to separate land and, henceforth, His people anymore? After all, there will not be anyone having a global agenda anymore, so no separation is necessary. As a beach lover, it has always made me sad that I would not ever get to enjoy sitting alongside the ocean and take in all that beauty. It is actually where I always feel closest to God. I know whatever God has for me will be the most amazing thing I ever could know. We have a beach trip planned in August. Maybe I might be enjoying a different vacation...a 7 year one on the other side!

Len

Aah ...... thank you Lord for those things we are yet to recieve and glory and wonder at ...... we have absolutely NO idea how amazing at what awaits us when we are called to the marriage supper and then return to the restored earth, even sounds will be amazing eh! ....... “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” Cor 2:9

Len

certainly seems like volcanos are feeling the pressure and going up in sympathy about their earthquake mates cracking up after braking a plate or two ...... (dad joke, I know, I know)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-27/mount-tangkuban-parahu-erupts/11352982

Mount Tangkuban Parahu erupts in Indonesia forcing tourists to evacuate

Indonesian authorities have issued a flight alert notice after a volcano erupted on the country's most populous island, Java.

The eruption of Mount Tangkuban Parahu sent plumes of ash hundreds of metres into the sky over the city of Bandung, Indonesia's third-biggest city.

There were no immediate reports of casualties.

According to the Jakarta Post, the volcano erupted at 3:48pm on Friday.

Broadcasters showed footage of cars and motorbikes being driven away from Tangkuban Parahu on roads covered in ash.

Indonesia's National Board for Disaster Management said an ash column stretching about 200 metres above the peak could be seen.

According to the Centre for Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation, volcanic ash fell to the ground up to 2 kilometres away.

The disaster mitigation agency said the tourism spot had been closed and the alert status of the volcano was being evaluated.

The volcano is about 30 kilometres north of Bandung, the capital of West Java province.

Indonesia is on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire and has scores of active volcanoes, which sometimes pose a threat to life and disrupt air travel, particularly on the most heavily populated islands of Java and Bali.

LisaJoe1986

certainly seems like volcanos are feeling the pressure and going up in sympathy about their earthquake mates cracking up after braking a plate or two ...... (dad joke, I know, I know)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-27/mount-tangkuban-parahu-erupts/11352982

Mount Tangkuban Parahu erupts in Indonesia forcing tourists to evacuate

Indonesian authorities have issued a flight alert notice after a volcano erupted on the country's most populous island, Java.

The eruption of Mount Tangkuban Parahu sent plumes of ash hundreds of metres into the sky over the city of Bandung, Indonesia's third-biggest city.

There were no immediate reports of casualties.

According to the Jakarta Post, the volcano erupted at 3:48pm on Friday.

Broadcasters showed footage of cars and motorbikes being driven away from Tangkuban Parahu on roads covered in ash.

Indonesia's National Board for Disaster Management said an ash column stretching about 200 metres above the peak could be seen.

According to the Centre for Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation, volcanic ash fell to the ground up to 2 kilometres away.

The disaster mitigation agency said the tourism spot had been closed and the alert status of the volcano was being evaluated.

The volcano is about 30 kilometres north of Bandung, the capital of West Java province.

Indonesia is on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire and has scores of active volcanoes, which sometimes pose a threat to life and disrupt air travel, particularly on the most heavily populated islands of Java and Bali.
I have that scripture posted in my kitchen. It makes me very excited and long for it, especially after I read the articles on the daily news feed. I have become an earthquake watcher too and have noticed that Indonesia has had several 4-5 point earthquakes every day over the last weeks. I don't think that's a place I would like to live.