Is This the Prophet Isaiah’s Signature?

Almost Heaven

King Hezekiah is one of the most important kings in the history of Israel. While scholars debate the historicity and literary embellishment of the reigns of David and Solomon, the reign of Hezekiah witnessed the defining event that engendered the tradition of Jerusalem as the inviolable city of God—an event corroborated by the extra-Biblical account inscribed on the Sennacherib Prisms. Despite the conflicting details, Sennacherib’s inability to destroy Jerusalem confirmed both Hezekiah andJerusalem as God’s chosen. And it was the prophet Isaiah’s participation in the episode, and Hezekiah’s trust in his counsel, that is credited with the salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian menace.

Finding a seal impression of the prophet Isaiah next to that of King Hezekiah should not be unexpected. It would not be the first time that seal impressions of two Biblical personas, mentioned in the same verse in the Bible, were found in an archaeological context. In our City of David excavations (2005–2008), the seal impressions of Yehukhal ben Sheleḿiyahu ben Shovi and Gedaliyahu ben Pashḥur, high officials in King Ẓedekiah’s court (13 Furthermore, according to the Bible, the names of King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah are mentioned in one breath 14 of the 29 times the name of Isaiah is recalled (2 Kings 19–20; Isaiah 37–39). No other figure was closer to King Hezekiah than the prophet Isaiah.
https://members.bib-arch.org/biblical-archaeology-review/44/2/7

Almost Heaven

Major biblical discovery: Archaeologists may have found the Prophet Isaiah's 'signature'

The 2,700-year-old stamped clay artifact was found during an excavation at the foot of the southern wall of Jerusalem’s Temple Mount. In ancient times a seal stamp, or bulla, was used to authenticate documents or items.

“We found the eighth-century B.C.E. seal mark that may have been made by the prophet Isaiah himself only 10 feet away from where we earlier discovered the highly-publicized bulla of King Hezekiah of Judah," said Dr. Eilat Mazar of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, in a statement.

Dr. Mazar led the team that the found the seal mark linked to the Biblical prophet. The artifact was found among undisturbed Iron Age remains outside an ancient royal bakery.

The half-inch wide oval-shaped piece of clay is inscribed with the name Yesha’yah (Isaiah) in ancient Hebrew script. This is followed by the word nvy, the end of which is slightly damaged. As a result, experts do not know whether the word ended with the Hebrew letter aleph. That letter “would have resulted in the Hebrew word for ‘prophet’ and would have definitively identified the seal as the signature of the prophet Isaiah,” explained Dr. Mazar. “The absence of this final letter, however, requires that we leave open the possibility that it could just be the name Navi.”
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...have-found-prophet-isaiahs-signature.amp.html

Endangered

3 areas God left proof of the validity of the Bible:
  1. Scientific truths revealed thousands of years before being verified by science.
  2. Prophecy which is 100% accurate.
  3. Archaeology has been 100% consistent with Biiblical history.
I like to read stuff like these 3 points. If the Bible is right on the money about things that can be verified it makes me confident about all the stuff you can't confirm like eternal life.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
  1. Scientific truths revealed thousands of years before being verified by science.
I like to read stuff like these 3 points. If the Bible is right on the money about things that can be verified it makes me confident about all the stuff you can't confirm like eternal life.

Many scriptures about eternal life like this one:
1John5:11-13 (ESV)
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

This Is Written That You May Know
13These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
King Hezekiah is one of the most important kings in the history of Israel. While scholars debate the historicity and literary embellishment of the reigns of David and Solomon, the reign of Hezekiah witnessed the defining event that engendered the tradition of Jerusalem as the inviolable city of God—an event corroborated by the extra-Biblical account inscribed on the Sennacherib Prisms. Despite the conflicting details, Sennacherib’s inability to destroy Jerusalem confirmed both Hezekiah andJerusalem as God’s chosen. And it was the prophet Isaiah’s participation in the episode, and Hezekiah’s trust in his counsel, that is credited with the salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian menace.

Finding a seal impression of the prophet Isaiah next to that of King Hezekiah should not be unexpected. It would not be the first time that seal impressions of two Biblical personas, mentioned in the same verse in the Bible, were found in an archaeological context. In our City of David excavations (2005–2008), the seal impressions of Yehukhal ben Sheleḿiyahu ben Shovi and Gedaliyahu ben Pashḥur, high officials in King Ẓedekiah’s court (13 Furthermore, according to the Bible, the names of King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah are mentioned in one breath 14 of the 29 times the name of Isaiah is recalled (2 Kings 19–20; Isaiah 37–39). No other figure was closer to King Hezekiah than the prophet Isaiah.
https://members.bib-arch.org/biblical-archaeology-review/44/2/7

Great article Almost Heaven,
God bless,
Brother Albert

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
There are many things that we cannot verify the truth of scientifically but everything in the word of God we know is true because we know God cannot lie and that He does exist because He showed himself only 2000 years ago to those living in Israel. I like your 3 points endangered because if we cannot trust what God has said, then who can we trust?
Brother Albert

Back