Is the Rapture really that easy to explain away?

usoutpost31

It’s practically impossible to explain the rapture away.

Yes initially, Satan might try to use the UFO argument. But honestly as we read in scripture, by the time the seal judgements start rolling, people clearly know it’s God. In my option the UFO tactic from Satan will be very short lived. People will start to put pieces together really quick.

Satans attempt/tactic to hide the existence of God from humanity will finally come to an end. At that point Satan will probably shift gears and try to paint God as the evil being, and that him (Satan), the antichrsit, and false prophet are infact here to “unite the earth”, and anyone who is not on their side is against them. This will explain people complying with the Mark of the Beast. Those who don’t are seen as evil and killed off.

Ever ask yourself, during the tribulation how are people around the entire globe okay with letting the one world government execute people (by probably thousands to millions) who don’t take the mark? How do family members end up turning each other to the government? (As Jesus described).

It’s because the enemy would have succeed in convincing many people God is evil, and any of his supporters are to be killed as a threat to society and progress of mankind.

The big spiritual battle in the last few years has been trying to convince to people of Gods existence. The enemy’s tactic has been to remove the spiritual component of mankind so they don’t buy into any “Jesus” idea. In the tribulation, the rapture and all the following plagues will destroy the idea that mankind came into existence from absolutely nothing and evolved via monkeys. People will have to make a decision. God or Satan?
That's pretty much how I see it too. Revelation 13:5-6 says the Beast speaks great blasphemies against God but also his "dwelling place" and "those who dwell in Heaven".

This sounds to me like he isn't denying God's existence, but instead he's challenging God's authority directly.

usoutpost31

I've thought about this a lot over the last few years, but really it's Revelation 1:7 that I find most interesting.

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

By the end of the Tribulation, when Jesus does return to earth at the Mt of Olives, at that point, everyone knows who He is. They recognize Him on sight. I'm not sure how this is possible except that at some point in the Tribulation there must be some awareness of what's really happening. The scoffers are no longer scoffing. Jesus is returning just as He said He would.

gregb4hope

I admit that I find the idea that Satan could plausibly explain away or worse, take credit for an obvious act of God, troublesome. The Resurrection, of all things, and the catching away of all who belong to Him. He is coming like a thief in the night, but if a thief came in the night, from what he takes from you, you'd still know a thief came, right? Even if you weren't prepared for it.

UFOs and aliens are commonly floated as an alternative explanation, but....is there any precedent? Alien abductees don't just vanish into thin air and never come back. (That's assuming the Rapture will look like what is shown in the movies). They're still here on earth, telling us their stories. There's never been a mass abduction either. Doesn't seem to jibe with peace and safety either. If an alien civilization could take a large group of people undetected; shouldn't the Earth be on guard against their return?

There are only a few Biblical instances I could think of when Satan tried to discredit an act of God; when Jannes and Jambres went up against Moses and Aaron, and failed miserably. Or the 'disciples stole the body' explanation for the empty Tomb. Which, is not a very persuasive explanation, considering the giant stone and Roman soldiers guarding it. Or when the Pharisees argued that Jesus was casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub. And Jesus quickly pointed out the flaw in that argument-it didn't take.

It's not that the devil didn't try to explain these things....but when God reveals Himself so dramatically.....what exactly can you say that people would believe? Even the prophets of Baal knew that it was the Lord who sent down fire at Mt. Carmel....because they witnessed it. Even Pharaoh and Egypt knew God was sending the plagues against them. All the Israelites knew that God parted the Red Sea....even if they forgot soon after.

I know the Rapture isn't well known in many parts of the world, but Revelation 7 indicates that people from every corner of the earth come to faith in Jesus. That probably includes those who didn't know about it beforehand, but they become convinced of the truth of the Gospel somehow. Power of preaching, maybe, but maybe because they witness Revelation coming to life. It's the same with the battle of Gog and Magog; God intervenes there and all of Israel(along with other nations of the earth) knows that He is the Lord. And from that point on, they don't forget it.

I guess my point is, when God performs a miracle, those who witness it know that He was responsible. And the Resurrection/Rapture might be his most overt manifestation of His power, that the unbelieving world will see this side of eternity.
I admit that I find the idea that Satan could plausibly explain away or worse, take credit for an obvious act of God, troublesome. The Resurrection, of all things, and the catching away of all who belong to Him. He is coming like a thief in the night, but if a thief came in the night, from what he takes from you, you'd still know a thief came, right? Even if you weren't prepared for it.

UFOs and aliens are commonly floated as an alternative explanation, but....is there any precedent? Alien abductees don't just vanish into thin air and never come back. (That's assuming the Rapture will look like what is shown in the movies). They're still here on earth, telling us their stories. There's never been a mass abduction either. Doesn't seem to jibe with peace and safety either. If an alien civilization could take a large group of people undetected; shouldn't the Earth be on guard against their return?

There are only a few Biblical instances I could think of when Satan tried to discredit an act of God; when Jannes and Jambres went up against Moses and Aaron, and failed miserably. Or the 'disciples stole the body' explanation for the empty Tomb. Which, is not a very persuasive explanation, considering the giant stone and Roman soldiers guarding it. Or when the Pharisees argued that Jesus was casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub. And Jesus quickly pointed out the flaw in that argument-it didn't take.

It's not that the devil didn't try to explain these things....but when God reveals Himself so dramatically.....what exactly can you say that people would believe? Even the prophets of Baal knew that it was the Lord who sent down fire at Mt. Carmel....because they witnessed it. Even Pharaoh and Egypt knew God was sending the plagues against them. All the Israelites knew that God parted the Red Sea....even if they forgot soon after.

I know the Rapture isn't well known in many parts of the world, but Revelation 7 indicates that people from every corner of the earth come to faith in Jesus. That probably includes those who didn't know about it beforehand, but they become convinced of the truth of the Gospel somehow. Power of preaching, maybe, but maybe because they witness Revelation coming to life. It's the same with the battle of Gog and Magog; God intervenes there and all of Israel(along with other nations of the earth) knows that He is the Lord. And from that point on, they don't forget it.

I guess my point is, when God performs a miracle, those who witness it know that He was responsible. And the Resurrection/Rapture might be his most overt manifestation of His power, that the unbelieving world will see this side of eternity.
It seems that those who choose to believe the rapture will occur at mid and not at the beginning of the Tribulation will be wailing by some left behind. Jesus does say "I never knew you" and so it will be an awakening and what was hid will be known by so many people who should have accepted Jesus as savior to the world. The deception reveals also the devilish Antichrist before all the earth as Jesus prepares a further revelation of Himself.

SarahRose

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread.

Personally I think people will believe different things even after such an amazing event as the rapture occurs. I think the “accept everything” culture we have now could lead up to that. The government might blame it on aliens, the new agers might blame it on the “unenlightened” going away, and many who knew Jesus followers will (hopefully) realize what actually happened.

The “not knowing what happened” could add to the chaos. And anyone who professes that it was the rapture could become a target for persecution.

But who except God knows. I’m happy we won’t be here to experience it, and terrified for those who will be.

Reason & Hope

Just thought suppose media don't report on it, people won't know unless they know of them as Christians.
Right. And think of how many Christians In Name Only will be left behind. "It can't be God removing Christians because look at all the Christians still here."

That said, by the midpoint, everyone has figured out that God is judging the world.

Also, let's not forget the multitudes who do believe and come to faith in Christ, and many are martyred and some survive into the millennium.

daygo

Right. And think of how many Christians In Name Only will be left behind. "It can't be God removing Christians because look at all the Christians still here."

That said, by the midpoint, everyone has figured out that God is judging the world.

Also, let's not forget the multitudes who do believe and come to faith in Christ, and many are martyred and some survive into the millennium.
Very good points, thanks for the input.

PortWen

Hello daygo. Yes and there might not be a huge number involved, the UK is becoming quite hostile for believers! God Bless :)
I saw an outpouring of hatred towards Christians on a YouTube channel recently. The YouTuber, a Brit with thousands and thousands of subscribers, most of them British, sometimes blasphemes, and some of his subscribers asked him, very politely, to try not to do it as they are Christians who love Jesus and it hurts them to hear the blasphemy. Well. My word. The other subscribers let forth a torrent of anger and hatred towards Christians. It was eye-opening! So many of them. Some even suggested that he blasphemes even more. Wow! Who would have thought this once-Christian country would become so hostile to Christianity.

Jaybird

Pick your deception: the New Agers will say we disappeared because we were not in harmony with the earth. The Alien crowd will say that aliens took us off the planet because we were unable to evolve to a certain level of consciousness. The Catholics may see Marian apparitions that tell them God took all these "heretics" from earth. The atheists will be glad those pesky Christians are gone and likely won't care about the reason - just happy we are gone. I personally believe that the alien ruse will be used. It is too coincidental that the US government has been releasing footage from jet fighters encountering UFO's. It seems to me that they are setting the stage for something.

daygo

I saw an outpouring of hatred towards Christians on a YouTube channel recently. The YouTuber, a Brit with thousands and thousands of subscribers, most of them British, sometimes blasphemes, and some of his subscribers asked him, very politely, to try not to do it as they are Christians who love Jesus and it hurts them to hear the blasphemy. Well. My word. The other subscribers let forth a torrent of anger and hatred towards Christians. It was eye-opening! So many of them. Some even suggested that he blasphemes even more. Wow! Who would have thought this once-Christian country would become so hostile to Christianity.
That's why imo certain people at the judgements will say things like you can't do this your not just or fair etc.

RedRx

I guarantee you the “answer” will be more taxes, more regulations, and less personal freedoms just like that is the answer to everything else according to our government. Climate change made people disappear. Transphobia caused the departures. People are off looking for socialized medicine because we’re so barbaric that we don’t already have it. Those gas powered evil vehicles finally claimed a lot of lives. White people: everything bad in the world has to be the fault of white people. The choices for excuses are endless.

The answer is diversity, equity, and inclusion which of course won’t actually be diverse, equitable, or inclusive. They’ll probably celebrate the disappearance of conservative Christians. “Now we can evolve as a society with no deterrents.” It’s like trying to pick out clothes to wear as you are burning to death. Good luck with that!

lismore

Who would have thought this once-Christian country would become so hostile to Christianity.
Yes agreed! In one sense it's really sad. But in another sense it's humbling, the Lord chose us for just such a time as this, while so many are on the broad road he chose us for the narrow path. All we can do is stand firm where the Lord has assigned us during these last moments before the rapture. But when the rapture happens it won't make waves here, one or two of us outcasts will disappear, society and many churches will carry on as before. God Bless :)

Carl

To an unbeliever The God of the Bible cannot be real. My unbeliever heart and mind cannot believe the description of God that is in the Bible. Anyone that actually believes in the description of the God of the Bible has to be living a fairy tale as it is impossible. Some make fun and some keep quiet about that God.

The ones that do the spouting are the ones that believe that the God of the Bible exists, but don't want to have a thing to do with Him. They do not want anyone telling them what to do with their lives.

paul289

I still think the official explanation is gonna be aliens. Just look at how much alien-themed programming there is on TV and movies, the government has been talking about UFOs, Fox News has been talking about cattle mutilations and abductions, and then there was Avengers: Endgame where, spoiler alert, half the population disappears because a "god" decided there were too many people. Most of the population believes that there are aliens and that they have already visited earth. Many people with abduction stories say that the aliens told them that they are going to remove all the evil people that are holding back progress, and the abductee is to go out and tell people not to worry when they disappear. People have been primed to accept that aliens are coming, and that "bad people" are going away.

Hidden

This is one of the reasons I believe the tribulation saints are gonna come mostly from the conservative, classical liberal or independent camps. These are the ones who still have functioning grey matter and have not succumbed to a debased mind but stopped short of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm sure there will be many woke leftists who will have opened their eyes to the truth during that time but I think it's the normal, silent majority who will make up most of the trib saints.

Back