Is replacement theology satanic?

GotGrace

LisaJoe, you are asking exactly the right questions! I recommend a good book on the subject, entitled “What Love is This?” by Dave Hunt.

I’ll just make a few main points, but I really encourage you to look into this in-depth, because it is vital to understand what’s happening in your church. Like I said, it happened to us, too. First, the term “neo-Calvinism” refers to the current popular version of Calvinism, which not only includes replacement theology, but often also strong patriarchal themes, membership commitments that are considered sometimes to be legally binding, and authoritarian church discipline. Of course, the level of these things differs according to the pastor.

Basically, they disregard the place of God’s foreknowledge in election, predestination, being chosen, and in every aspect of salvation. Passages such as Romans 8:29 and 1 Peter 1:2, for example, are specific about the Lord’s foreknowledge being involved in salvation.

If you study the TULIP acronym, it’s pretty clear. Calvinism teaches that Christ did not die for everyone, but only for the ‘elect.’ His grace is “Irresistible,” literally, meaning it cannot be resisted, and we have no choice in the matter. The rest are predestined to an eternity in hell and have no choice about that either.

This is a very silly illustration, and could be much improved, but I tend to think of it this way: A father has five children. He builds a lovely swimming pool in the backyard. He then tosses three of his children into the sparkling, clear water on a hot day. He says to the other two children, I did not build this for you, only for them. There is no reason, I just don’t want you to have this.

Whereas the Good Father has the same number of children, and builds the same lovely pool. He says, I have built this beautiful pool for you! Whoever wishes to enjoy it, do! Three of his children jump in, and two refuse the gift. The Father encourages the two to enjoy what he’s done for them, but they will not. They choose to reject the gift and never get to enjoy it.

I think you’d get a lot out of “What Love is This?”
Yes that is how I understood Calvinism from Dr. Jerry Vines (retired from First Baptist in Jacksonville). I don’t understand how Calvinism has gained such a foothold again in the churches and seminaries. Then again I know the evil one is hard at work trying to destroy the church and appears to be doing a pretty good job of it.

ItIsFinished!

Yes that is how I understood Calvinism from Dr. Jerry Vines (retired from First Baptist in Jacksonville). I don’t understand how Calvinism has gained such a foothold again in the churches and seminaries. Then again I know the evil one is hard at work trying to destroy the church and appears to be doing a pretty good job of it.
Yup.
Satan is very, very crafty and very cunning.
I'll tell you this , he will NEVER destroy The Body of Christ.

it teaches that the church is a replacement for Israel and all the promises made to Israel in the Bible are now fulfilled in the church and not in Israel ....
Thanks. I was always taught that Israel is a type of the church. Aren't Jews who got saved, like Paul, in the church? If so, did they lose their promises?

Mikedexion

Thanks. I was always taught that Israel is a type of the church. Aren't Jews who got saved, like Paul, in the church? If so, did they lose their promises?
Israel can be referred to as a shadow or type of the church as it gives us a blueprint of how God established a covenant with a people who were called out of the world at the time.

But as far as promises go Israel and the church have different destiny's and roles in Gods plan of salvation for mankind. Israel was supposed to be the church but once Israel rejected Jesus Christ around the time Steven was stoned God turned it to mostly gentiles and the Day of the Lord has been put on pause ever since as the age of the Church started.

The nation of Israel and the remnant of the seed of Jacob still have unfulfilled prophecy and is still part of God's plan of salvation but one did not replace the other., They are going to have to go through what is called the "Time of Trouble" in order to be redeemed since they did reject Jesus Christ. The Age of Grace will end and the laws of Moses will be in effect again once the church leaves. Gentiles who find Jesus in the Tribulation period will have to hold on to their faith even if it costs them their life. Israel will have a new temple and begin sacrifices and offerings as usual. Except this time they will be fooled by the Antichrist until the point where he sits in the temple and declares himself to be God. Then they will finally have their blinders removed and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.