Is replacement theology satanic?

LisaJoe1986

I Listened to a video of Jack Hibbs speaking at the Proximity Conference this year in January. At the end of his talk, he alluded to replacement theology being satanic and even says that Revelation 3:10 refers to people who believe in it. This presents a potential dilemma for me. I haven't asked what our church's official stand, but since most of the leadership comes out of Southern Seminary and I have been told they teach RT, I assume that my church leaders would believe that too. Our pastor is an amazing preacher and preaches expository style. We have learned a lot since we have gone there. I know there are many at church who are watching for the rapture, but do not feel like it is wrong to attend our church. I am not sure how to feel now, and I am very weary of feeling like a church orphan.

I have heard many of you who have said that believing in the pre-trib rapture or not is a secondary issue that should not cause division. But if the teaching is satanic, how could that be so?

ItIsFinished!

Yes it is absolutely Satanic.
Satan created that lie, (the father of lies).
A very, very, very wicked one of a very high degree.
Up there with the lie he told Eve.
There is absolutely no way whatsoever I would ever attend a church that teaches the COMPLETELY FALSE doctrine of Replacement Theology.
One of the main reasons for the removal of the Church/Bride is so God can focus on the apple of His eye Israel.
One would have to do some serious Scriptural gymnastics to come to the FALSE conclusion that the Church has replaced Israel which the Scriptures CLEARLY do not teach.
It is a lie from the very pits of Hell.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
May our Redeemer be glorified.
Amen!

LisaJoe1986

Yes it is absolutely Satanic.
Satan created that lie, (the father of lies).
A very, very, very wicked one of a very high degree.
Up there with the lie he told Eve.
There is absolutely no way whatsoever I would ever attend a church that teaches the COMPLETELY FALSE doctrine of Replacement Theology.
One of the main reasons for the removal of the Church/Bride is so God can focus on the apple of His eye Israel.
One would have to do some serious Scriptural gymnastics to come to the FALSE conclusion that the Church has replaced Israel which the Scriptures CLEARLY do not teach.
It is a lie from the very pits of Hell.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
May our Redeemer be glorified.
Amen!
My challenge at the moment is that it has not been taught. I e-mailed my pastor some thoughts and questions months ago and got NOTHING back from him. My husband and I attempted to meet with him and he had an emergency that took him away from the meeting very quickly. Honestly, I really feel like he avoids the topic, so as not to have to take a stand either way. This could be a very divisive issue and I do not want to be the cause of an otherwise solid church being divided.

ItIsFinished!

My challenge at the moment is that it has not been taught. I e-mailed my pastor some thoughts and questions months ago and got NOTHING back from him. My husband and I attempted to meet with him and he had an emergency that took him away from the meeting very quickly. Honestly, I really feel like he avoids the topic, so as not to have to take a stand either way. This could be a very divisive issue and I do not want to be the cause of an otherwise solid church being divided.
Definitely pray about this and continue to try and communicate with your pastor on what he believes concerning Replacement Theology.
Does the church you attend have a statement of faith ?

Kem

Citizen
since most of the leadership comes out of Southern Seminary and I have been told they teach RT, I assume that my church leaders would believe that too.
Don't assume that is so. My church is Southern Baptist and our good pastor would never teach such a thing. He strongly believes in the rapture and often reminds us that it is likely coming soon though he would never be among those who set dates.

But maybe I have misunderstood and Southern Seminary is different than Southern Baptist?

LisaJoe1986

Don't assume that is so. My church is Southern Baptist and our good pastor would never teach such a thing. He strongly believes in the rapture and often reminds us that it is likely coming soon though he would never be among those who set dates.

But maybe I have misunderstood and Southern Seminary is different than Southern Baptist?
The seminary used to be Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Now it is just called Southern Seminary. Someone here on the forum told me that Al Mohler, the head of the seminary, teaches replacement theology. A sweet lady from my church told me her late husband who was a student at the seminary, taught her that we are Israel now. She grew up believing in the pre-trib rapture, but he taught her otherwise. She does not believe Jesus will come prior to tribulation now. I assume ( I should really quit doing this and just flat out ask) that her hubby learned it there. I am actually afraid to ask. I do not want to got through church upheaval again. It took us a very long time to settle in at our current church due to some extremely bad circumstances in the past.

Last edited:

InsuranceGuy

I was also raised Baptist, although I'm not certain what the difference is between regular Baptist and southern Baptist, or if there is one. The church I attended was definitely not teaching replacement theology and were 100% pre-trib. There are too many various branches of denominations now. I can't keep up with them all and have almost no idea what any of them teach. I will say this though; When my wife and I were looking for a home church, we found ONE that openly taught a pre-trib rapture. It's difficult to find a church today that preaches what most of us believe, at least we've had a difficult time. We did find one great place that taught every position. That was the flaw though. The church had pre-tribbers, post-tribbers, mid-tribbers and they had classes discussing each. The church itself stated they didn't have an issue with what people believed as it wasn't a salvation issue. That's a bit loose for my liking.

Last edited:

Mikedexion

The Rapture... which Paul called the blessed hope. Of course the Devil would want to ruin something called "The Blessed Hope" and turn it into "You're not gonna make it" :diablo

Although I would have to say our King James Bible translators royally screwed up translating 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2, or it would have been very clear doctrine. They translated "Apostasia" Strong's G646 as "Falling Away" and translated the Day of the Lord as "the Day of Christ" If you look at Tyndale Bible, Wycliffe Bible, Geneva Bible, or even way back to the Latin Vulgate, prior to the King James it will read like this:

1 Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Χριστοῦ G5547), and our gathering together to him, we ask you
2 Not to be quickly shaken in your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as from us, saying that the day of The Lord (Κυρίου. G2962 )had come.
3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,
4 He who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshiped; so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself up as God.
5 Don't you remember that, when I was still with you, I told you these things?
6 Now you know what is restraining him, (The Departure!) to the end that he may be revealed in his own season.
7 For the mystery of lawlessness already works. Only there is one who restrains now, until he is taken out of the way.
8 Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and destroy by the manifestation of his coming;
9 even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 and with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn't receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie;
12 that they all might be judged who didn't believe the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to always give thanks to God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief in the truth;
14 to which he called you through our Good News, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 So then, brothers, stand firm, and hold the traditions which you were taught by us, whether by word, or by letter.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,
17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good work and word.

The reason why we have confusion in the church is because the KJV translators decided to transliterate G.646 Apostasia instead of just let the context describe the noun,... Now if you read it true to the Greek without adding preconceived notions, the Anti-Christ cannot even be revealed until the departure or abandonment of (not from) the church happens.

Here's the problem word:
apostasia: defection, revolt
HELPS Word-studies
646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing." - from https://biblehub.com/greek/646.htm

This word can mean a physical departure or a spiritual departure. The KJV Translators assumed it meant a spiritual departure and all modern Bibles followed along this assumption.

The Thessalonian Church was going through some persecution and began to think they were in the Day of the LORD, aka the time of trouble thanks to some forged letters :diablo. Paul wrote this 2nd letter just to assure them that the Time of trouble cannot happen unless the rapture comes first and the antichrist is revealed.

Last edited:

Anewcreationinjesus

The Rapture... which Paul called the blessed hope. Of course the Devil would want to ruin something called "The Blessed Hope" and turn it into "You're not gonna make it" :diablo

Although I would have to say our King James Bible translators royally screwed up translating 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2, or it would have been very clear doctrine. They translated "Apostasia" Strong's G646 as "Falling Away" and translated the Day of the Lord as "the Day of Christ" If you look at Tyndale Bible, Wycliffe Bible, Geneva Bible, or even way back to the Latin Vulgate, prior to the King James it will read like this:

1 Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Χριστοῦ G5547), and our gathering together to him, we ask you
2 Not to be quickly shaken in your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as from us, saying that the day of The Lord (Κυρίου. G2962 )had come.
3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,
4 He who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshiped; so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself up as God.
6 Now you know what is restraining him, (The Departure!) to the end that he may be revealed in his own season.
7 For the mystery of lawlessness already works. Only there is one who restrains now, until he is taken out of the way.
8 Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and destroy by the manifestation of his coming;
9 even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 and with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn't receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie;
12 that they all might be judged who didn't believe the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to always give thanks to God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief in the truth;
14 to which he called you through our Good News, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 So then, brothers, stand firm, and hold the traditions which you were taught by us, whether by word, or by letter.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,

The reason why we have confusion in the church is because the KJV translators decided to transliterate G.646 Apostasia instead of just let the context describe the noun,... Now if you read it true to the Greek without adding preconceived notions, the Anti-Christ cannot even be revealed until the departure or abandonment of (not from) the church happens.

Here's the problem word:
HELPS Word-studies
646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing." - from https://biblehub.com/greek/646.htm

This word can mean a physical departure or a spiritual departure. The KJV Translators assumed it meant a spiritual departure and all modern Bibles followed along this assumption.

The Thessalonian Church was going through some persecution and began to think they were in the Day of the LORD, aka the time of trouble thanks to some forged letters :diablo. Paul wrote this 2nd letter just to assure them that the Time of trouble cannot happen unless the rapture comes first and the antichrist is revealed.
This is what Andy woods teaches too... :)

Accepted

Neo-Calvinism has infiltrated most Southern Baptist seminaries now, unfortunately, and Al Mohler is largely responsible. My brother-in-law went to Southern in the 70’s, and it was not the case then, but he is well aware of the shift, and is alarmed by it. So, if the seminaries are teaching it, you’re going to find many graduates bringing it into their congregations. It’s been slowly happening for at least the last 10 years, I think, maybe longer.

This happened in our SB church. A new pastor came in, a graduate of Southern, was very quiet about Calvinism and RT, but slowly began teaching it. We had conversations about it, but this was not going to change, so we had to leave. I feel very strongly that we will never support false doctrine or be a part of it. Faithfulness to Jesus means everything!

Len

Our pastor is an amazing preacher and preaches expository style. We have learned a lot since we have gone there. I know there are many at church who are watching for the rapture, but do not feel like it is wrong to attend our church
My answer to this would be "what do YOU believe about replacement theology?' just joking really as I know you do not follow it, so then, if you do not follow it I guess you and all the other pre-trib rapturists and maybe a few of the other born again believers will leave that church when the trumpet sounds anyway ...... but in the meantime as already mentioned continue to find out what your pastor believes because that is what really seasons his sermons ....... and the seasoning may not be kosher!

Amity

Here's the problem word:
HELPS Word-studies

Thank you so much for posting this! That is incredible!