Is Psalm 83 a Great Tribulation event?

ftwspursfan

Goofy Pre-Tribber
By Bill Salus

The Fruchtenbaum / Salus Dialogue

Recently I had the opportunity to interview the highly regarded prophecy expert, Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, (pictured here) for Prophecy Update Radio. This important two-part radio interview can be accessed at the bottom of this article.

We talked about several prophetic topics, but of particular interest was our discussion centered upon the timing of Psalm 83. Many of you interested in the Psalm and its timing may find his comments below fascinating.

Knowing that Dr. Fruchtenbaum has a healthy aversion to date setting and newspaper exegesis, I was respectfully careful in our interview not to corner him into pinpointing the exact timing of the fulfillment of the Psalm event. However with that said, I’m very familiar with his general viewpoint regarding the final fulfillment of the prophecy. Arnold and I have bantered back and forth on the event timing on numerous occasions. I believe it is a Pre-Trib event, and Arnold has tended to place the final conclusion of the event into the “Great Tribulation”, which would be the second half of the seven year tribulation period.

continued at PROPHECY DEPOT: Is Psalm 83 a Great Tribulation event?

misslerjunkie

thanks for that link i'll looking into it. i looked at jack kelley's website for info on psalm 83 and surprisingly there's not much there. chuck missler also doesn't say much about psalm 83 (i could be wrong). do you know any other good resources to get me up to speed on it. for now i'll soak in that link you provided. thanks.

ArmyofHeaven777

My thoughts-

Global economic meltdown ushers in the AC/OWG/OWR

AC "promises" peace

All's good for a little bit aka calm before the storm

All Jailbreaks lose

WW3 starts with nuclear weapons

Jesus 2nd Coming

GlennO

misllerjunkie

Did you get Chuck's April 2010 Personal Update? He wrote about "A Surprise in Psalm 83" with a multi-page tease for his DVD...looks interesting:nod

ftwspursfan

Goofy Pre-Tribber
thanks for that link i'll looking into it. i looked at jack kelley's website for info on psalm 83 and surprisingly there's not much there. chuck missler also doesn't say much about psalm 83 (i could be wrong). do you know any other good resources to get me up to speed on it. for now i'll soak in that link you provided. thanks.
misllerjunkie

Did you get Chuck's April 2010 Personal Update? He wrote about "A Surprise in Psalm 83" with a multi-page tease for his DVD...looks interesting:nod
Misslerjunkie, you can get a lot of great info from Bill Salus' website at Prophecy Depot or David Reagan's Lamb and Lion website. You can also gain much insight by reading the forum topics here as we have many very wise people posting in our little family at RF! :thumbup

Sean Osborne

i looked at jack kelley's website for info on psalm 83 and surprisingly there's not much there.
Jack Kelley has recently been entertaining thoughts on the non-Biblically prophetic "Islamic Antichrist" and "Eastern Leg" (what I categorize as EL-IA proponents) eisegesis of Walid Shoebat and Joel Richardson (among others of the mindset).

That Jack Kelley does not discuss the Psalm 83 prophecy or Bill Salus' Isralestine book is really not surprising to myself. This is because the EL-IA theory is categorically denied by and will be rendered eschatologically moot by the literal fulfillment of Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 and the subsequent Ezekiel 38/39 war of Gog/Magog. The EL-IA theory and Psalm 83 are mutually exclusive because both occur prior to Daniel's 70th Week. Islam will be all but non-existent after these wars; allah will have been proven a false god and the former muslims will, like their Jewish cousins, be worshipping Yahweh. The Jews, all Israel represented in the 144,000 witnesses will convert the sons of Ishmael to Christ. So, you see, an Islamic endtimes antichrist and world empire is a non-stater. It's newspaper exegesis at its worst.

Last edited: