is mary the second eve?

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
I have heard of what the OP is implying, some say that Lilith was Adam's first wife.

...descriptions of her in the Babylonian Talmud (Eruvin 100b, Niddah 24b, Shabbat 151b, Baba Bathra 73a), or as Adam's first wife (The Book of Adam and Eve), or in the Zohar Leviticus 19a "a hot fiery female who first cohabited with man". Source Wikipedia

Andy C

I have heard of what the OP is implying, some say that Lilith was Adam's first wife.

...descriptions of her in the Babylonian Talmud (Eruvin 100b, Niddah 24b, Shabbat 151b, Baba Bathra 73a), or as Adam's first wife (The Book of Adam and Eve), or in the Zohar Leviticus 19a "a hot fiery female who first cohabited with man". Source Wikipedia
There is no biblical support for Adam to have had a “secret” first wife.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

As @endofdays points out, according to the Bible there is a second Adam: Jesus. He is the opposite of the first Adam in that He is perfect. The second Eve will be the second Adam's wife: and I think you all know who that will be. Us. We are now His betrothed, His Bride. But one day we will be free from this flesh, perfected in body, soul, and spirit and He will take us to Himself as His Wife.

endofdays

As @endofdays points out, according to the Bible there is a second Adam: Jesus. He is the opposite of the first Adam in that He is perfect. The second Eve will be the second Adam's wife: and I think you all know who that will be. Us. We are now His betrothed, His Bride. But one day we will be free from this flesh, perfected in body, soul, and spirit and He will take us to Himself as His Wife.

so the church is the second Eve!

but there was a second Adam
The reason why Jesus is called the second Adam is because the first Adam was the head of creation. When Adam sinned he failed his purpose and took everyone of us and the entire creation with him into death and destruction (the concept of original sin). God became incarnate in Jesus to succeed where Adam had failed (living a perfect life) and to pay and destroy the debt of sin and death (the atonement on the cross and His rising from the dead).

Eve wasn't representing humanity so there was no need for a second one, Romans 5:12 'Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:' (KJV)

Back