Is Jordan the GOAT?

Andy C

Reborn to fly
Hey I have a thought.....
Maybe no one is the Greatest Of All Time, as all time has not happened yet. :groucho
Thats true. However, I still believe the game has evolved several times, and its impossible to compare players from different eras.

I simply made note that in scoring, nobody ever had a stretch of 7 years like Chamberlain.

Goodboy

On my way up!
Thats true. However, I still believe the game has evolved several times, and its impossible to compare players from different eras.

I simply made note that in scoring, nobody ever had a stretch of 7 years like Chamberlain.
OK, OK, I will give you that one! :thumbup But don't try to push me off the Jordan train, I have paid for and am keeping my ticket!!! :yeah

Andy C

Reborn to fly
Kobe may not be the GOAT, but he is very close. However, I cant envision any player mentioned on this thread recieivng the same amount of love and respect as Kobe has Upon his death.

Kobe was a very charitable person, and was always willing to help others. I would bet anyone Kobes wife over the next few months will give each of the other families who lost a loved one in the crash, a sizable amount of money to help them out in their struggles. Will this become public? Probably not. But his wife would know that is what Kobe would want.

Goodboy

On my way up!
Kobe may not be the GOAT, but he is very close. However, I cant envision any player mentioned on this thread recieivng the same amount of love and respect as Kobe has Upon his death.

Kobe was a very charitable person, and was always willing to help others. I would bet anyone Kobes wife over the next few months will give each of the other families who lost a loved one in the crash, a sizable amount of money to help them out in their struggles. Will this become public? Probably not. But his wife would know that is what Kobe would want.
Yeah the GOAT is all about basketball and I agree with you that Kobe was very close. Kobe is receiving so much love because he was much more than just a great basketball player. When he first entered the NBA as a youngster I did not like him very much. It took me a while to like him as he matured over the years. As of the last 10 years, Kobe had really become just a great overall man that everyone came to love.

As much as I love Jordan as a basketball player, he is only OK to me at best as a man. I thought far more of Kobe as a man than I do of Jordan. Not much bothers me regarding death even in my own family, not sure why. In any case, I actually got teary eyed when I heard that Kobe died and it was a shock. I got even more teary eyed when I heard his daughter also died. That was just so, so sad! I am believing that God meant that for good as a lot of people are considering what happens when you die because of this tragedy.

I heard that Kobe was a Catholic which does not tell us much about his salvation, but I am really expecting to see him and his daughter when we get raptured!

twerpv

I posted this in another thread.
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/158/633/9633158.jpg

Andy C

Reborn to fly
On one of the cable channels, yesterday I watched the NBA finals game 7, 1988, Detroit vs the Lakers. What a game, and it reminded me why I think Magic is right there with Jordan in talks of the GOAT.

Goodboy

On my way up!
On one of the cable channels, yesterday I watched the NBA finals game 7, 1988, Detroit vs the Lakers. What a game, and it reminded me why I think Magic is right there with Jordan in talks of the GOAT.
While I love Magic and your statement might be true, as Magic had Kareem on his team who is at least one of the 5 best of all time, it is hard to compare him with Jordan. Would Magic have been as good without Kareem? Maybe, but it's hard to say. :shrug

When we get to Heaven, we can have a good debate about it! LOL! :)

Last edited:

Andy C

Reborn to fly
While I love Magic and your statement might be true, as Magic had Kareem on his team who is at least one of the 5 best of all time, it is hard to compare him with Jordan. Would Magic have been as good without Kareem? Maybe, but it's hard to say. :shrug

When we get to Heaven, we can have a good debate about it! LOL! :)
Or, we can play a little one on one game now, winner is right. Id back you in and slam over you - assuming were using a 8 ft hoop:biggrin2

Goodboy

On my way up!
Or, we can play a little one on one game now, winner is right. Id back you in and slam over you - assuming were using a 8 ft hoop:biggrin2
I am 5'11, 66 years old and can currently jump about 4 inches high. So what about you? What am I up against? :)

Andy C

Reborn to fly
Since all sports are postponed, I have been watching some games from the 80s and 90s. One of them was the Bulls, and after watching, I was reminded of Jordans weakness - He could not dribble the ball with any real skills. Curly Neal he was not!

Goodboy

On my way up!
Since all sports are postponed, I have been watching some games from the 80s and 90s. One of them was the Bulls, and after watching, I was reminded of Jordans weakness - He could not dribble the ball with any real skills. Curly Neal he was not!
Not quite sure how to respond, but you gave me a good belly laugh! :)

Last edited:

Jonathan

I have no dog in this hunt, only to say, that the introduction of wide screen (16:9) TVs really made basketball interesting and inviting. Before you could only see a small shot of the court but with widescreen you can usually see at least 2/3 at any given time. RIP Kobe. I never knew much about him, but as someone who has lost very close family members in an airplane crash, my heart goes out to his family.

Last edited: