Is Jordan the GOAT?

Goodboy

Maybe if you quit (putting your head in the sand) you would get the point of this thread, there is no measurable standard for any sport to declare ONE person the GOAT. In the history of the NBA, there are several GOATS.
Oh no!
How can it be!
I am so upset!
I can't believe that Michael Jeffrey Jordan actually agrees with you.
How will I ever live this down! ):

I watched the video title below on Youtube which I would post, but it is against the rules.
"Michael Jordan: There is no such thing as the number 1 player ever"

LeBron must have paid him to say that or else maybe Jordan is on drugs!
That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of!

Andy C

Oh no!
How can it be!
I am so upset!
I can't believe that Michael Jeffrey Jordan actually agrees with you.
How will I ever live this down! ):

I watched the video title below on Youtube which I would post, but it is against the rules.

"Michael Jordan: There is no such thing as the number 1 player ever"

LeBron must have paid him to say that or else maybe Jordan is on drugs!
That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of!
I just watched the short clip, and MJ is right. To many variables in the game, how its changed, overall talent....Its not possible to pick just ONE, but MJ surely is in that conversation. Me, as I said before, I think Magic had a bigger impact in that he changed how the game was played, but that does not make him an all around better player than MJ.

Goodboy

I just watched the short clip, and MJ is right. To many variables in the game, how its changed, overall talent....Its not possible to pick just ONE, but MJ surely is in that conversation. Me, as I said before, I think Magic had a bigger impact in that he changed how the game was played, but that does not make him an all around better player than MJ.
You and MJ are both nuts!!!!!!! LOL! :)

Goodboy

Andy :) :) :)

Let me clear this up for you!
Michael Jordan would still be the GOAT even if he only had one leg, half an arm and no toes!!!!
If superman was real, Jordan would kick his butt too!
Now, will you please submit to the power of The Jordan!

Boy or boy, it's harder for me to change your mind, than it is to convince my Jehovah Witness kin they are in a cult! ):

Andy C

Andy

Let me clear this up for you!
Michael Jordan would still be the GOAT even if he only had one leg, half an arm and no toes!!!!
If superman was real, Jordan would kick his butt too!
Now, will you please submit to the power of The Jordan!

Boy or boy, it's harder for me to change your mind, than it is to convince my Jehovah Witness kin they are in a cult! ):
Take your blinders off, enjoy the views. Dont GAMBLE on Jordan.

Riddle me this batman - How many championship teams did Jordan play on BEFORE Scottie Pippen joined the team?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I once had a Ford F150 and it was a great truck. Then one day, I decided I wanted to start towing a fifth wheel, and I needed an adult alpha truck, and the RAM 3500 fit the job required.
What I'm hearing you say with the above post is that you made a miniscule bump up in capabilities by switching from a little Ford F150 to a slightly more capable RAM 3500. Reading between the lines I understand that going the route of the F250 or F350 just would have been too much truck for you... nes paus?

Andy C

What I'm hearing you say with the above post is that you made a miniscule bump up in capabilities by switching from a little Ford F150 to a slightly more capable RAM 3500. Reading between the lines I understand that going the route of the F250 or F350 just would have been too much truck for you... nes paus?
I did look at the Ford F350, but it lloked and handled like something only a desperate man in Alaska would need or even want.

Cummings engines are the best, and their engine exhaust brake keeps me relaxed while coasting down a several mile 6 percent grade, and never having to touch the brakes. Ford diesels are too loud as if they feel the need to say “hey, look at me”.

Goodboy

Take your blinders off, enjoy the views. Dont GAMBLE on Jordan.

Riddle me this batman - How many championship teams did Jordan play on BEFORE Scottie Pippen joined the team?
Who is Scottie Pippen? Never heard of the guy. Jordan played by himself, one on five, that's all I remember! :)

Goodboy

Very rationale counter. You my friend are over the top.

Ok, time to say goodbye to this fun, yet odd topic.
I was going to say the same thing. I hope you know I was just being silly. :)
Do I think MJ was the best ever, yes but really only in my mind as an over the top fan of him! So facts will never change my thinking.
Oh no, I am starting to sound like my JW kin whose catch phrase is "We don't need no stikin facts!" LOL! :)

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I did look at the Ford F350, but it lloked and handled like something only a desperate man in Alaska would need or even want.

Cummings engines are the best, and their engine exhaust brake keeps me relaxed while coasting down a several mile 6 percent grade, and never having to touch the brakes. Ford diesels are too loud as if they feel the need to say “hey, look at me”.
Cummings does make a good diesel engine. Maybe not quite as good as the old Navistar 7.3 liter, but Ford has never had anything as good as that one since. I've switched to a gasser because I'm no longer strong enough to loosen the oil filter on the diesels. It's amazing how much difference there is with a commercial truck's capabilities when one has a diesel and not a gasser. But I don't expect to be pulling anything too heavy anymore.

Last edited:

Jonathan

In regards to College football, I hate to say it, but in my lifetime and my own experience watching the game, it was, shamefully, Michael Vick when he played for Virginia tech. The guy could dance all over the field. One of the best QBs I've watched in college football. Unfortunately, he really screwed the pooch (no pun) and I lost every bit of respect for him when the stories came out about him running a dog-fighting ring.

He was eventually convicted and spent time in jail for his crimes.

Also, he didn't cut muster when he got to the NFL. But still, he was amazing as QB for Virginia Tech.

Goodboy

Jordan was made a great champion only by being under the tutelage of Phil Jackson. Pre Phil, no rings.

Go Lakers
While I would agree Phil Jackson is a great coach, he is not one of the greatest coaches. Look Phil won championships with the greatest basketball player ever (Michael Jordan) and later with the greatest twosome ever (Kobe and Shack). Phil chose to coach the two teams with the best players during his time. I like what Pat Riley did. He coached the Lakers to many championships due to the talent on the team. Then he later coached the Knicks with far less talent and came within a game of the championship.

You say Chicago won because Phil became the coach, I say Chicago won over time as they learned how to defeat teams like the Detroit Bad Boys.

As far as the current Lakers, they really look good now and will most likely win or go far, as long as no one gets hurt. As far as LeBron goes, even if he manages to win one or two more championships he will not pass Jordan as the GOAT. Anthony Davis is as good as or better than the current LeBron, which is the only reason they have a chance to win the championship. I would like to have seen Jordan with Anthony Davis, they would have had 10 championships.

So I know you won't agree with me and I don't care! LOL! :)
I am right because I have heard myself say it many, many times. No it's not brainwashing if I am saying it to myself is it? :)

Andy C

While I would agree Phil Jackson is a great coach, he is not one of the greatest coaches. Look Phil won championships with the greatest basketball player ever (Michael Jordan) and later with the greatest twosome ever (Kobe and Shack). Phil chose to coach the two teams with the best players during his time. I like what Pat Riley did. He coached the Lakers to many championships due to the talent on the team. Then he later coached the Knicks with far less talent and came within a game of the championship.

You say Chicago won because Phil became the coach, I say Chicago won over time as they learned how to defeat teams like the Detroit Bad Boys.

As far as the current Lakers, they really look good now and will most likely win or go far, as long as no one gets hurt. As far as LeBron goes, even if he manages to win one or two more championships he will not pass Jordan as the GOAT. Anthony Davis is as good as or better than the current LeBron, which is the only reason they have a chance to win the championship. I would like to have seen Jordan with Anthony Davis, they would have had 10 championships.

I am right because I have heard myself say it many, many times. No it's not brainwashing if I am saying it to myself is it? :)
Phil is one strange man, but his success is unmatched.

You know MJ will always be my GOAT - thats Magic Johnson not whats his name. Johnson changed the way the game was played.

Its hard for me to watch the Lakers as I cant stand Lebron and his big mouth always blasting the President, and siding with China.

Andy C

I read a short transcript of an interview with Jordan. He believes it’s disrespectful to players from different generations to call him the GOAT.

Bob Cousy, and was dominate in his time.

Bill Russell, Oscar, and especially Chamberlain we’re dominating.

Jordan, Bird, Magic and Kareem were all dominating, each in his own unique way.

Kobe was dominating, as was Shaq.

Now we have Lebron and a few others who are equally dominating in their era.

How do you really compare players from different eras, especially when the game is played so much differently for each era?

I think all sports have the same problems when trying to decide who is the ultimate GOAT.

I will stick with Magic as my favorite player of all time.

Last edited:

Andy C

I was checking out Wilts stats, and in his first seven seasons, he averaged 40.2 PPG. Nobody dominated the game during their era like he did.

Goodboy

I was checking out Wilts stats, and in his first seven seasons, he averaged 40.2 PPG. Nobody dominated the game during their era like he did.
Hey I have a thought.....
Maybe no one is the Greatest Of All Time, as all time has not happened yet. :groucho