Is it a sin to kill creepy crawlies?

endofdays

Is it a sin to kill creepy crawlies?

cos I get loads come into my house and I dont like them so I throw them down the toilet and flush them away.

If I left them they would only die in the house any way as there is nothing for them in the house and they shouldn't be here any how.
I have them visit every day and
they really bug me!

Matthew6:33

[Gen 1:26 NKJV] 26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

antitox

Just a few minutes ago I exercised dominion over a spider in my garage. It has gone on to its final resting place.
Years ago we were looking at a house for sale. As we went thru the garage there was a large web stretched across the gardening equipment and right in the center was the largest black widow I've ever seen with the red hourglass in full view. Well too bad, you can't let one of those live. So I performed a brief extermination on the spot.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Years ago we were looking at a house for sale. As we went thru the garage there was a large web stretched across the gardening equipment and right in the center was the largest black widow I've ever seen with the red hourglass in full view. Well too bad, you can't let one of those live. So I performed a brief extermination on the spot.
You're a brave warrior. I'm glad the battle went in your favor!

ExultingInHim

Long ago while living in OK, I found a scorpion in my sink. Let me just say, an entire can of Raid doesn't kill them. Just makes them mad. I called a next door neighbor who looked at me with a "you wimp" face, whacked it with a wooden spoon & dumped down the garbage disposal. On the way out the door he said "they come in pairs, ya know."
Guess it never crossed my mind to scoop it up and set it free.

Matthew6:33

Its funny, I was reading Acts 28 tonight. It seems Paul had an encounter with a creeper too.

[Acts 28:1-6 NLT] (1) Once we were safe on shore, we learned that we were on the island of Malta. (2) The people of the island were very kind to us. It was cold and rainy, so they built a fire on the shore to welcome us. (3) As Paul gathered an armful of sticks and was laying them on the fire, a poisonous snake, driven out by the heat, bit him on the hand. (4) The people of the island saw it hanging from his hand and said to each other, "A murderer, no doubt! Though he escaped the sea, justice will not permit him to live." (5) But Paul shook off the snake into the fire and was unharmed. (6) The people waited for him to swell up or suddenly drop dead. But when they had waited a long time and saw that he wasn't harmed, they changed their minds and decided he was a god.

I called a next door neighbor who looked at me with a "you wimp" face, whacked it with a wooden spoon & dumped down the garbage disposal.
I guess he didn't have a fire available so he had to compromise. Just don't let people think you are a god! LOL

Lynn

cos I get loads come into my house and I dont like them so I throw them down the toilet and flush them away
Good plan! I don't like to kill anything,
I feel like most creatures enjoy a good swim, so I've used the flushing treatment many times. However, if I were ever to see a black widow spider or a brown recluse, no swimming laps for them!
A quart size spray bottle filled with water 3/4 full, and rest of bottle filled with tea tree oil seems to keep wolf spiders out of my house.

Sojourner414

One time, a black widow came at me, and let me tell you: they will chase you across a yard if they can! In desperation, I grabbed the nearest can of whatever was handy, to try to slow this thing down so I could get away. It turned out to be a can of "PB B'laster" (petroleum-based penetrating solvent), which caused the black widow to start crawling around in circles, up a blade of grass, fall and drop dead.

Guess penetrating solvent hates those little creeps...