Is God giving new revelations today?

Jojo4124

In the last days the Bible says people will prophesy n dream dreams, etc. God can do anything...but I believe it all must align with the Word.

After I got saved n left the RCC, I followed my fiancee into a church that said it operated in the gifts of the Spirit. One lady was almost worshipped because she supposedly gave people words from God. Coming out of RCC, where priests are worshipped in a way, I was wary about that.

One day another college student in that church came up to me telling me that "God told her" that she n I should live together...so "we" could see my then fiancee more. I was like whaaa?? Lol... people abuse the gifts of the Holy Spirit this way and it is scary to claim that God said something that would encourage your lust. I dont know what "god" she was hearing from, but God did destroy so-called prophets in the OT who falsely claimed to hear from God.

I have seen the gifts of the Spirit operating in a revival years ago. These encouraged people to draw near to God and His Word. But the gifts, imho, are often misused. So, I dont generally give much credence from any self proclaimed prophet. I have seen people worship other people like this and God says to not trust in man, and that our hearts are wicked.

For me, the best way to hear from God isnt thru seeking a person who claims to have heard a Word but to hear from God myself by spending time with Him. I guess after leaving the RCC which claims the Pope is the only one who hears from God...yet much of what the Pope advocates doesnt line up with God's Word, I have been wary of others claimig to hear from God. But, I do believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.. if I listen to anyone who says they heard from God, preacher or prophet, I check their words with the Bible. I also check to see if they seek to gain money, self glory, etc. To me, even someone who prophesies will encourage listeners to compare what they say with the Word.

PS to answer your question, yes I believe God does reveal great and mighty things of which we know not to those who call on Him n seek Him...

GotGrace

Revelation 19:10 NKJV
And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Prophecy is still going strong.
When we testify what Christ has done, when we share what He is doing in our lives, when we speak of what He will do according to Scripture.

I expect even the 2 prophets of the Tribulation will not add anything but proclaim what timeless words He has already spoken.

With those masquerading and pandering false prophecies all over the place, it is reassuring to know God has already give us His Word and we need only to examine Scriptures and pray to understand. Know the real thing intimately and the counterfeits become obvious.
I would hope the two witnesses proclamations will convince people left on earth we were not taken by aliens but by God.

Wally

Do You Believe ?
Some how the Thief in the Night - Mark 4 movies seem a little more realistic.

World wide anarchy with small cells of new believers here and there trying to survive satan's onslaught.

I read the Book. You don't want to be there.

But the just how bad can it get? About as bad as He will allow.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I think about the *Books* mentioned in the Bible...Book of Life...
I think on the Bible itself.
It seems record keeping is acceptable and practiced.
Maybe one day we will have access to some of those records.
Honestly, if my entire life has been chronicled, I would be ashamed for others to read it...too much sin and shameful thoughts/actions. Maybe I won't be ashamed in Heaven????
You won't be ashamed in Heaven.
Your sins have been paid for by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
They are as far as the east is from the west.
You have the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
:)

OT: No new relevation (s).
We have the COMPLETE WORD of God.