Is Christianity Too Good to be true?

endofdays

Is Christianity Too Good to be true?
just thinking this because the preacher is always saying no matter who you are or what youve done or how far away you feel from God
there is always a God waiting for you and every thing is sorted with God no matter what youve done he will forgive you any way.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's not too good to be true, because it IS true. But it is unbelievably good. We do not deserve such a great, great gift. In no way at all. That is why the grace and mercy of God are so great, and why we owe him so much. Through his mercy he does not give us what we do deserve (Damnation and Hell). And through his grace he gives us what we do not deserve (Salvation and Heaven).

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Well, it's not too good to be true, because it IS true. But it is unbelievably good. We do not deserve such a great, great gift. In no way at all. That is why the grace and mercy of God are so great, and why we owe him so much. Through his mercy he does not give us what we do deserve (Damnation and Hell). And through his grace he gives us what we do not deserve (Salvation and Heaven).
Salvation is a perfect gift of eternal life in a sinless place. It is great to know if in this world we die(or get raptured without dying) we don't cease to exist. There is another place that is better that we exist forever! Thank You Jesus for being born here, dying on the cross to forgive our sins, rising again, and giving those who accept you eternal life in heaven! :amen

Last edited:

Andy C

I reflect back in shame for the many years I wasted by rejecting this free and completely unearned gift. Thank God I finally saw the Light, said yes by repenting and confessing Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

So to me, yes, even as a believer it sounds too good to be true, and thats what makes it unparalleled in gifts. Totally free, yet its the ultimate gift that will last eternity - no warranty required as this gift is unbreakable.

Last edited:

Rocky Rivera

Think of it this way >> All the promises for the people of God written in Scripture come from the very Source of goodness -- the infinite God Himself, who alone is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent and omniversal. Only He can make these promises because only He has the power, the presence, the knowledge and the wisdom to make it all happen. Now, if any creature (be it angel or human) makes any sort of promise at all, it ought to be taken with a grain of salt because things can happen which can prevent their promises from coming to pass. But not with God. Now, there are only a few things God cannot do -- God cannot lie, God cannot learn anything new, God can not cease to be Who He is, and God cannot do anything that is contrary to His nature. Also, God is no respecter of persons, but the only thing God respects is a sentient creature's freewill choice -- while reminding them that there are consequences to their actions.

ItIsFinished!

AMEN!!!

ItIsFinished!

I reflect back in shame for the many years I wasted by rejecting this free and completely unearned gift. Thank God I finally saw the Light, said yes by repenting and confessing Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

So to me, yes, even as a believer it sounds to good to be true, and thats waht makes it unparalleled in gifts. Totally free, yet its the ulitmate gift that will last eternity - no warranty required as this gift is unbreakable.
Absolutely!!!
So glad you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Best decision you EVER made.
Me too brother.