IRS says income from stolen goods and illegal activities must be reported on taxes

Lovin Jesus

Note:
This story from Fox News is true. But it was so outrageous it has to be a joke but as insane as some of our government institutions are getting we have to have a good laugh when a headline like this is in the news. Here's the story:

Whether you stole a car this year, accepted a bribe, or were involved in any other illegal activities which provided you with income, the Internal Revenue Service says you must report it when you file your taxes.

In an online list of requirements titled IRS Publication 17, the IRS says, "income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs" must be included on a taxpayer's 2021 filings. It is to be included in Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8z, or on Schedule C (Form 1040) if from a self-employment activity.

Read further
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ir...-illegal-activities-must-be-reported-on-taxes.

Jonathan

Note:
This story from Fox News is true. But it was so outrageous it has to be a joke but as insane as some of our government institutions are getting we have to have a good laugh when a headline like this is in the news. Here's the story:

Whether you stole a car this year, accepted a bribe, or were involved in any other illegal activities which provided you with income, the Internal Revenue Service says you must report it when you file your taxes.

In an online list of requirements titled IRS Publication 17, the IRS says, "income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs" must be included on a taxpayer's 2021 filings. It is to be included in Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8z, or on Schedule C (Form 1040) if from a self-employment activity.

Read further
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ir...-illegal-activities-must-be-reported-on-taxes.
Quite the screwy conundrum if you think about it. Let's pretend politicians are as clean as the wind driven snow.

And then immediately disabuse us of that lie. So, basically, I think through the IRS's tax collection, we could probably wipe out our debt in no time if all of the corrupt politicians actually were properly taxed.

This world we live in does not lack irony.. in fact, this world we live in (and those who have the powers to influence it) I think are reaching a stage where, giddy for not being hold accountable, are now just getting bored and therefore rubbing it your face.

Do you know who Louis Lerner is? Learn.
Statistically speaking, what are the chances that the cameras failed and the guards simply fell to sleep as Epstein suicided himself. Because, that IS the official story. BTW, yesterday, all charges were dropped against the two guards who "fell asleep."

My point is simply this:

Not only are the corrupt doing everything they can to screw this country over, they take GREAT PLEASUJRE in rubbing it your face knowing you aren't going to do anything about. Despite the fact that life, love, careers, and relationships are facilitated by an honest government, the people behind the scenes laugh and curse you. They are beyond the point where they feel satisfied with their endeavors. At this point, they are rubbing your nose is excrement wondering what you are going to do about it, the same way a scientist would conduct an experiment.

Is this post over the top? Possibly. Does it reflect the essence of our current reality? Without a doubt.

According to God's word, things are going to go down hill. Actually, things will continue to go downhill. But that does not alleviate us from our responsibility to fight like hell for what we believe, even if we already know the outcome.

Stand and be counted.

HisGloryIsPrecious

I keep getting this image in my head of all the new IRS agents with clipboards tackling people at the doors of stores that were smashed and grabbed ,and making a list of what was taken ; shaking them down for there names for next year's taxes. Since the police were told to stand down...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
As thought just came to me. Would the IRS get so bold as to start making yard sales a source of income and have to report it to IRS? I mean it appears they are trying to get revenue out of everything possible by the appearance of the OP.

That's probably reason number one why the govmints of the world are interested in getting completely rid of paper money and going completely digital... that way they can track and tax every transaction, and exert more control over your life. Bartering on the sly might be the only way to avoid a tax someday.

alisani

As thought just came to me. Would the IRS get so bold as to start making yard sales a source of income and have to report it to IRS? I mean it appears they are trying to get revenue out of everything possible by the appearance of the OP.
Could be. What was once far-fetched becomes reality more and more every day. We know that satan is at work right now and many are under his influence. Greed seems to be everywhere.

Batman

So, is something like this willful ignorance or a true debased/reprobate inability to know, understand, and make proper decisions? Many people thought Charles Manson was crazy and others thought it was demon possession. Which was it and which is it that would cause the stupidity we are reading about all over our country; and the planet?

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
It might be one of those crimes where they basically use it to tack on extra punishment to someone who committed another crime. So someone gets caught for selling drugs and then gets extra jail time for not paying taxes on that illegal business?