Iran’s regime celebrates end of UN arms embargo

Lovin Jesus

Despite US pressure and calls for the embargo to be extended, Iran believes it has defeated Washington.​

Iran’s regime is celebrating the end of an arms embargo. Despite US pressure and calls for the embargo to be extended, Iran believes it has defeated Washington and sees the end of the embargo as a good omen of more good things to come.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry said the UN Security Council arms restrictions against Tehran have ended. “As of today all restrictions on the transfer of arms… are all automatically terminated.” This is one of the fruits for Iran of the 2015 nuclear deal.

Iran has boasted in recent months that it doesn’t need to import arms and is looking to export its drones, missiles and other technology. US reports have indicated that Iran and North Korea have renewed cooperation on ballistic missiles. Washington wanted the sanctions to continue and has urged “snapback” sanctions in line with the Iran Deal. Most of the world opposes the US view; Russia, Turkey and China are particularly interested in doing more business with Tehran. The Gulf states, except for Qatar, are concerned about Iran’s ambitions.

Iran is proud of its indigenous military capabilities, honed through the crucible of the Iran-Iraq War, which has led to the country expanding its ballistic missile and drone capabilities. It has also expanded radar capabilities in recent years and the use of precision munitions. Iran trafficked weapons to the Houthi rebels in Yemen, ballistic missiles to Iraq and other arms to Syria and Lebanon.

Israel has carried out more than 1,000 airstrikes on Iranian targets in Syria in recent years and Jerusalem has warned about the precision munitions factories in Lebanon. Iran uses a corridor running through al-Bukamal in Iraq to supply its allies.

Iran says that “this is due to the resistance of the people and the efforts of all our officials and diplomats. America failed.” Iran was restricted from receiving tanks, vehicles, fighter jets, helicopters, high-caliber artillery, warships, missiles and systems. Now, Iran can presumably improve its conventional army and begin to openly export more of its systems.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/irans-regime-celebrates-end-of-un-arms-embargo-646097

Uturn9319

Despite US pressure and calls for the embargo to be extended, Iran believes it has defeated Washington.​

Iran’s regime is celebrating the end of an arms embargo. Despite US pressure and calls for the embargo to be extended, Iran believes it has defeated Washington and sees the end of the embargo as a good omen of more good things to come.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry said the UN Security Council arms restrictions against Tehran have ended. “As of today all restrictions on the transfer of arms… are all automatically terminated.” This is one of the fruits for Iran of the 2015 nuclear deal.

Iran has boasted in recent months that it doesn’t need to import arms and is looking to export its drones, missiles and other technology. US reports have indicated that Iran and North Korea have renewed cooperation on ballistic missiles. Washington wanted the sanctions to continue and has urged “snapback” sanctions in line with the Iran Deal. Most of the world opposes the US view; Russia, Turkey and China are particularly interested in doing more business with Tehran. The Gulf states, except for Qatar, are concerned about Iran’s ambitions.

Iran is proud of its indigenous military capabilities, honed through the crucible of the Iran-Iraq War, which has led to the country expanding its ballistic missile and drone capabilities. It has also expanded radar capabilities in recent years and the use of precision munitions. Iran trafficked weapons to the Houthi rebels in Yemen, ballistic missiles to Iraq and other arms to Syria and Lebanon.

Israel has carried out more than 1,000 airstrikes on Iranian targets in Syria in recent years and Jerusalem has warned about the precision munitions factories in Lebanon. Iran uses a corridor running through al-Bukamal in Iraq to supply its allies.

Iran says that “this is due to the resistance of the people and the efforts of all our officials and diplomats. America failed.” Iran was restricted from receiving tanks, vehicles, fighter jets, helicopters, high-caliber artillery, warships, missiles and systems. Now, Iran can presumably improve its conventional army and begin to openly export more of its systems.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/irans-regime-celebrates-end-of-un-arms-embargo-646097
I think that unfortunately they can claim this to some degree. Especially with the way we handled the "plannedemic" in the sight of the world and civil unrest made us look weak on the world stage. It just emboldened everyone.

Lovin Jesus

I think that unfortunately they can claim this to some degree. Especially with the way we handled the "plannedemic" in the sight of the world and civil unrest made us look weak on the world stage. It just emboldened everyone.
This has only been possible because the European allies abandoned the U.S and refused to support an extension of the embargo. So what does that mean for the U.S position in N.A.T.O? Will Europe still back the U.S in response to an attack by an adversary? I guess it depends who’s in the W.H at the time and on whether the U.S gives up sovereignty and joins in on globalism.

Uturn9319

This has only been possible because the European allies abandoned the U.S and refused to support an extension of the embargo. So what does that mean for the U.S position in N.A.T.O? Will Europe still back the U.S in response to an attack by an adversary? I guess it depends who’s in the W.H at the time and on whether the U.S gives up sovereignty and joins in on globalism.
I think as Trump wins and starts to remove our middle east forces to focus on China in the south pacific, the power vacuum will be filled by iran, turkey, and russia as it already is happening.

Lovin Jesus

I think as Trump wins and starts to remove our middle east forces to focus on China in the south pacific, the power vacuum will be filled by iran, turkey, and russia as it already is happening.
That came to my mind when he pulled back out of Syria. First thought was that opens the door for Turkey Russia and Iran to start filling that vacuum. Not long after troops began to leave sure enough turkey started moving in and take the positions the Americans left behind.

Uturn9319

That came to my mind when he pulled back out of Syria. First thought was that opens the door for Turkey Russia and Iran to start filling that vacuum. Not long after troops began to leave sure enough turkey started moving in and take the positions the Americans left behind.
Erdogan gave Trump a call and told him to stop backing the Kurds in Syria as they were meddlesome to Turkey. Erdogan said basically they were going in and either the US back out or they will be part of the Kurdish body count. So Trump left. Trump is obsessed with China. I think we'll see more action in that area shortly.

Lovin Jesus

Erdogan gave Trump a call and told him to stop backing the Kurds in Syria as they were meddlesome to Turkey. Erdogan said basically they were going in and either the US back out or they will be part of the Kurdish body count. So Trump left. Trump is obsessed with China. I think we'll see more action in that area shortly.
Yes he is. I think Trump is worried that China is too big as a world economic power competition and wants to keep them at bay