Iran's execution binge

Meg

Iran will be part of the Gog/Magog matrix. This is surely a preview of how the antichrist will hold so much power...

Iran: Iran using execution binge to repress dissent - latimes.com

What accounts for the relative quiet in Iran? The answer, at least in part, is that one of the great human rights tragedies of the modern era is underway in Iran.

From the moment the first protesters hit Tahrir Square in Cairo, Iran's leadership has cracked down hard, instituting a brutal campaign of terror against its own people. The most gruesome manifestation of this repression has been a wave of public executions.

Since January, Iran has been on an execution binge. In February, the United Nations reported that the rate of executions in Iran had increased threefold in 2011 over the previous year. Amnesty International reported that Iran is the only country this year known to have executed juvenile offenders, a violation of international law. And though exact numbers are difficult to come by, it is now estimated by human rights organizations that more than 140 people have been executed in Iran so far this year, a rate that, if continued, would push the number far past the total for 2010.

The lesson Iran learned from the uprisings of 2009 — and the one it is trying to impart to other leaders in the region — is that the way to quash peaceful dissent is through a public display of brute force, terror, intimidation and humiliation. The proper response to that from the international community must be resolute and firm: Iran's behavior is unacceptable and far outside the boundaries of civilized society. Civilized nations, and the businesses based in them, should never be complicit.

Sean Osborne

Iran will be part of the Gog/Magog matrix. This is surely a preview of how the antichrist will hold so much power...

I don't believe Scripture says Antichrist's rise to attain and his hold on power has anything to do with the wanton execution of his opposers, nor with anything islamic.

Daniel 8:21-24, specifically, says the exact opposite about the rise of the Antichrist.

And in his place shall arise a vile person, to whom they will not give the honor of royalty; but he shall come in peaceably, and seize the kingdom by intrigue. With the force of a flood they shall be swept away from before him and be broken, and also the prince of the covenant. And after the league is made with him he shall act deceitfully, for he shall come up and become strong with a small number of people. He shall enter peaceably, even into the richest places of the province; and he shall do what his fathers have not done, nor his forefathers: he shall disperse among them the plunder, spoil, and riches; and he shall devise his plans against the strongholds, but only for a time.

Macedon-Greece and Rome figure MOST PROMINENTLY in the rise of the coming Antichrist according to the interpretations given to Daniel by the angel Gabriel.

Sean Osborne

The first question you have to ask yourself into the Daniel passages is how does this line up with Gog / Magog?

The prophetic words given to Daniel by Gabriel and by direct revelation in night visions from God does not address any aspect of the Gog/Magog conflict of Ezekiel 38/39. Incidentally, there is absolutely zero connection or anything in common between Gog and the Antichrist.

And what happened to the Arab nations that surround Israel in the Gog/Magog war.

Nothing happens to them in the Gog/Magog war as they ALL will be soundly defeated and or destroyed in the literal fulfillment of Isaiah 17, Psalm 83 and Joshua 13:1-7 prophecies (among a couple of others). All one need do is read Ezekiel 39:11 very carefull and in the context of the passages before and after it to understand that the Greater Israel of that day will include all of what is today the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Ditto for a close reading of Isaiah 17 and Joshua 13:1-7.

Once you figure that out, you'll begin to understand how Iran fits into the picture.

Nonsense. I have studied these prophecies for the better part of 40 years. I understand this eschatology better than most Worthy. Iran will have been militarily reduced or constrained through the literal fulfillment of Jeremiah 49:34-39 prior to the above mentioned isiah 17, Psalm 83 and Joushua 13:1-7 fulfillments. Once you understand these things you will have a btter understanding of the eschatological order of things and their sequence of fulfillment.

Meg

You cannot unpack the tribulation prophecies using only OT resources. Revelation must be figured in as well.

Sean Osborne

The Gog of Magog of Ezekiel 38/39 are different than the Gog and Magog of Revelation 20. The Gog and magog of Revelation 20 exist well over 1,000 years into the future, and the end of the Millennium.

Meg

The Gog of Magog of Ezekiel 38/39 are different than the Gog and Magog of Revelation 20. The Gog and magog of Revelation 20 exist well over 1,000 years into the future, and the end of the Millennium.

And how might this be proven through Scripture?

Sean Osborne

And how might this be proven through Scripture?

Did you bother to actually read the text of each propecy? You don't see the differences and circumstances in these Scriptures?

It's simple and i will explain it briefly for you.

Ezekiel 38/39 Gog of Magog and his allies come against Israel and ONLY Israel for the reasons stated in the prophecy.

In Revelation 20:7-9 (KJV), which is AFTER THE 1,000 YEAR MILLENNIUM REIGN OF CHRIST, Satan is loosed from the abyss and the text states as follows:

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

See the difference yet?

Meg

Did you bother to actually read the text of each propecy? You don't see the differences and circumstances in these Scriptures?

It's simple and i will explain it briefly for you.

Ezekiel 38/39 Gog of Magog and his allies come against Israel and ONLY Israel for the reasons stated in the prophecy.

In Revelation 20:7-9 (KJV), which is AFTER THE 1,000 YEAR MILLENNIUM REIGN OF CHRIST, Satan is loosed from the abyss and the text states as follows:

See the difference yet?

I did read the Scriptures in question, and I am not sure you are right.

Sean Osborne

I did read the Scriptures in question, and I am not sure you are right.

Tell ya what, you can believe what ever you want to believe.

You can ignore the blatant prophetic discrepancies between Ezekiel 38/39 and Revelation 20, no sweat off my or anyone else's back at all. I frankly could care less.

YOU specifically asked at 12:44 PM today how the eschatology I presented could be proven through Scripture. I did provide you exactly that Scritptural frame of reference.

You respond by saying you read the Scriptures but that you are not sure the interpretation provided is correct. This is what you wrote without any alternative interpretation of the Scriptures cited by myself.

What the heck kind of a response is that? Are you trying to kid myself and those of us who read this thread? You disagree with no viable alternative Scripture as a point of reference? What is this... a class in kindergarten level eschatology?

Meg,

Remind me not to waste my time in responding to your less than Berean inquiries in the future. Thanks. :tsk:

Last edited:

Meg

Tell ya what, you can believe what ever you want to believe.

You can ignore the blatant prophetic discrepancies between Ezekiel 38/39 and Revelation 20, no sweat off my or anyone else's back at all. I frankly could care less.

YOU specifically asked at 12:44 PM today how the eschatology I presented could be proven through Scripture. I did provide you exactly that Scritptural frame of reference.

You respond by saying you read the Scriptures but that you are not sure the interpretation provided is correct. This is what you wrote without any alternative interpretation of the Scriptures cited by myself.

What the heck kind of a response is that? Are you trying to kid myself and those of us who read this thread? You disagree with no viable alternative Scripture as a point of reference? What is this... a class in kindergarten level eschatology?

Meg,

Remind me not to waste my time in responding to your less than Berean inquiries in the future. Thanks.

CAN THE ARROGANCE OSBORNE. YOU'RE NOT ALL THAT!!!!!

Sean Osborne

Ok, one more time with added emphasis.

The fact of the matter is that in Ezekiel 38/39 GOD directly tells the prophet a specific and very limited list of nations who will come against Israel in the latter days. In Revelation 20 it is ALL nations. This is a huge, unambiguous, undeniable difference between the two prophecies right from the get go.

But wait, there's more... much, much more.

These latter days are clearly PRIOR TO the 1,000 year Millennial reign of Jesus Christ because GOD also tells the prophet that Israel in that day is, per verse 8, a land which has been always waste, populated by a people gathered from all the nations and is recovered from war.

Where is there any Biblical account of a war involving Israel during the 1,000 year long Millennial reign of Jesus Christ?

How would it be possible during the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ that the LORD God would not be magnified, sanctified and known by many nations; that the nations of the world would not know He is the LORD as declared by Ezekiel 38:23?

Does GOD not declare in Revelation 20:9 that He will send fire to devour all of the enemy that surrounds the saints in Jerusalem, but in Ezekiel 39:4 and 39:17-20 He leaves a sixth part of them out and just causes the rest of these enemies to fall over dead to be devoured as food for birds and beasts of the field of every sort?

Pardon my sarcasm here, but is the LORD God confused about these prophecies? hardly.

To continue with the eschatolgocial lesson...

Is not Jerusalem lived in by the LORD Himself during those 1,000 years along with the whole of the Bride of Christ, yet GOD would be remiss in not informing Ezekiel of this fact clearly declared elsewhere in prophecy... particularly in the Revelation of Jesus Christ?

In Revelation during the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ is He not ruling all the nations of the world with "a rod of iron?"

Do Magog, Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, Togarmah, Gomer, Persia, Put and Cush somehow slip from His rule? Where is this declared to occur in His Word?

Is Satan even mentioned one time in either Ezekiel 38 or 39?

During the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ how could it be possible that the whole house of Israel would not know that He is the LORD their God when He poured out His Spirit upon them during Daniel's 70th Week (i.e. the Tribulation) per both Romans 11 and Ezekiel 39:29?

These are but a few of the discrepancies between the Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38/39 and the Gog/Magog of Revelation 20, but on the whole they are legion.

ANYONE who confuses Ezekiel 38/39 with Revelation 20 is simply missing the obvious, plain language text of His Word. Such a person is not being a Berean by any stretch of the imagination.

It really is as simple as that. Yet, sadly many fall into this confused condition. And this is why I have come back to explain these few things with a little more detail - not soley for Meg's sake, but for the others who read here and may also be confused by this issue.

Finally, these Biblical prophetic truths CANNOT be ascribed to arrogance on my part... but rather an overwhelming pride that is not my own or of my making which refuses to acknowledge what the LORD has said plainly and directly through Ezekiel and John of Patmos. And that's a fact.

Have a blessed weekend everybody.

Meg

Ok, one more time with added emphasis.

The fact of the matter is that in Ezekiel 38/39 GOD directly tells the prophet a specific and very limited list of nations who will come against Israel in the latter days. In Revelation 20 it is ALL nations. This is a huge, unambiguous, undeniable difference between the two prophecies right from the get go.

But wait, there's more... much, much more.

These latter days are clearly PRIOR TO the 1,000 year Millennial reign of Jesus Christ because GOD also tells the prophet that Israel in that day is, per verse 8, a land which has been always waste, populated by a people gathered from all the nations and is recovered from war.

Where is there any Biblical account of a war involving Israel during the 1,000 year long Millennial reign of Jesus Christ?

How would it be possible during the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ that the LORD God would not be magnified, sanctified and known by many nations; that the nations of the world would not know He is the LORD as declared by Ezekiel 38:23?

Does GOD not declare in Revelation 20:9 that He will send fire to devour all of the enemy that surrounds the saints in Jerusalem, but in Ezekiel 39:4 and 39:17-20 He leaves a sixth part of them out and just causes the rest of these enemies to fall over dead to be devoured as food for birds and beasts of the field of every sort?

Pardon my sarcasm here, but is the LORD God confused about these prophecies? hardly.

To continue with the eschatolgocial lesson...

Is not Jerusalem lived in by the LORD Himself during those 1,000 years along with the whole of the Bride of Christ, yet GOD would be remiss in not informing Ezekiel of this fact clearly declared elsewhere in prophecy... particularly in the Revelation of Jesus Christ?

In Revelation during the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ is He not ruling all the nations of the world with "a rod of iron?"

Do Magog, Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, Togarmah, Gomer, Persia, Put and Cush somehow slip from His rule? Where is this declared to occur in His Word?

Is Satan even mentioned one time in either Ezekiel 38 or 39?

During the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ how could it be possible that the whole house of Israel would not know that He is the LORD their God when He poured out His Spirit upon them during Daniel's 70th Week (i.e. the Tribulation) per both Romans 11 and Ezekiel 39:29?

These are but a few of the discrepancies between the Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38/39 and the Gog/Magog of Revelation 20, but on the whole they are legion.

ANYONE who confuses Ezekiel 38/39 with Revelation 20 is simply missing the obvious, plain language text of His Word. Such a person is not being a Berean by any stretch of the imagination.

It really is as simple as that. Yet, sadly many fall into this confused condition. And this is why I have come back to explain these few things with a little more detail - not soley for Meg's sake, but for the others who read here and may also be confused by this issue.

Finally, these Biblical prophetic truths CANNOT be ascribed to arrogance on my part... but rather an overwhelming pride that is not my own or of my making which refuses to acknowledge what the LORD has said plainly and directly through Ezekiel and John of Patmos. And that's a fact.

Have a blessed weekend everybody.

Expertise is a gift to be stewarded, not a platform upon which to declare your personal superiority... So its not what you say, but how you say it that makes Christianity look so impossibly unappealing! If you know much, good for you, but that doesn't make you better than others who have mastered other aspects of serving the Lord! So simply say what you know with the mature professionalism of a representative of this country and the Lord God. You think mastering prophecy made you a good student of Scripture, but the way you treat the rest of us says something else entirely!!! If you can't recognize the effort to serve the Lord in others, whatever you did gain from studying the Word was without benefit, because for all you did gain, you missed the most important points.

Sean Osborne

Expertise is a gift to be stewarded, not a platform upon which to declare your personal superiority... So its not what you say, but how you say it that makes Christianity look so impossibly unappealing! If you know much, good for you, but that doesn't make you better than others who have mastered other aspects of serving the Lord! So simply say what you know with the mature professionalism of a representative of this country and the Lord God. You think mastering prophecy made you a good student of Scripture, but the way you treat the rest of us says something else entirely!!! If you can't recognize the effort to serve the Lord in others, whatever you did gain from studying the Word was without benefit, because for all you did gain, you missed the most important points.

That's your opinion and it's a particularly ignorant opinion in my opinion.

Your question of how my earlier posts were proven through Scripture has been made in great abundance.

Yet you persist with the personal attack because you have an unChrist-like attitude toward me personally. Frankly i could care less what your pompous opinion of me is, even though i do think it's a particularly ignorant opinion. Grow up Meg. I'll pray for an increase in your spiritual maturity.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
By Hezekiah Walker

I need you, you need me.
We're all a part of God's body.
Stand with me, agree with me.
It is his will that every need be supplied.
You are important to me, I need you to survive.

I need you, you need me.
Stand with me, agree with me.
It is his will that every need be supplied.

I pray for you , you pray for me.
I love you, I need you to survive.
I won't harm you with words from my mouth. <----------Take this to heart please :pray:
I love you, I need you to survive.
(Repeat 6x)

It is his will, that every need be supplied.