Iran says its navy forced US submarine to surface as it enters the Gulf

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Iran says its navy forced US submarine to surface as it enters the Gulf
"This submarine was doing its best, using all its capacities, to pass in total silence and without being detected," Irani said.
By REUTERS

Iran's navy forced a US submarine to the surface as it entered the Gulf, Iranian navy commander Shahram Irani told state television on Thursday, in the latest report of an apparent confrontation between Iranian and US forces in the Gulf.

"The US submarine was approaching while submerged, but the Iranian submarine Fateh detected it and carried out... maneuvers to force it to surface as it went through the Strait (of Hormuz). It had also entered into our territorial waters but ... it corrected its course after being warned," Irani said.

"This submarine was doing its best, using all its capacities, to pass in total silence and without being detected," Irani said. "We will certainly reflect international bodies the fact that it had violated our border."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-739760

:chatterBaghdad Bob says, “There are no US troops in Iraq” as a US M1 Abrams tank rolls by in the background.

I assure Eyatolla there are US subs undetected in Iranian waters.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Sometimes you gotta test what you have against what they have.

I doubt any one was forced, but sinking an Iranian sub may have been unpalatable ... for now.

Andy C

Iran has a real Navy? Irans weighted down bath tub with a water proof lid does not constitute a ”submarine”.

One of our subs could destroy much of Iran…….so……I call Mule fritters on the article.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Unfortunately Europe has manufactured some electric boats for export that must be considered.

I'm sure any US boat had enough solutions worked out to sink the entire Iranian navy even if most are just canoes with Evinrudes.

Back