Internet Fast

Salluz

You mean we can change these titles?
I might do a sort of internet fast this summer where I avoid the internet. I haven't thought of all of the rules I'm going to impose on myself, but I think the internet is a major stress source for me and it might be good to take a total break and work on myself and my habits. Going to try eating cleaner and exercising too :) just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I might head off for a while here soon. Or I might not. Really depends on what rules I end up making for myself, and whether I want to just avoid "bad" sites (not necessarily sinful sites but stressful or time sinks) or if i really want to do an internet detox and not go online at all. I'll keep everyone posted! This might be one of the only summers "off" I get (even though I'm planning on finding a part time job) so I want to make it count and not waste it. Not that this site is a waste, but... honestly just like food fasting but the internet:lol food is good but sometimes it's healthy for you to not have it for a while. Thoughts?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
You know there are times it's good to do that. :nod

Sometimes, I'll just come to RF and just read the Christian growth parts of the forum and pray for others. A partial fast.

Not telling you what to do, just sharing.:)

Of course you'll be missed, BUT don't let that be a guilt trip, just know that you are cared for. Times of rest and refreshment, however, are good and important to have.

chaser

Just a twinkling from home!
Sometimes, I'll just come to RF and just read the Christian growth parts of the forum and pray for others.
With the nicer weather and so much work to be done outside I have much less time to just graze on the net, plus I love the outdoors and being in God's creation, I spend less time inside. RF refreshes me daily I just have to be selective because of time management and also be able to get through prayers for the RF family.

fl2007rn

There is a lot of demonic activity that occurs on the internet so there is no surprise that you need to take a break from it from time to time. I am very selective with the web sites that I frequent because I don't want to be exposed to evil forces. When using the internet, we believers need to put on the full armor of God to protect ourselves. (Ephesians 6:13)