Internal Revenue Service Hiring Armed Agents for All 50 States

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
An Internal Revenue Service (IRS) job posting shows the tax collection agency is hiring armed agents to work in states across the country.

The IRS website is emblazoned with the words, “We’re Hiring Special Agents Now!”

Among the major duties of IRS special agents is to “be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.”

Another duty is to “carry a firearm.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...ue-service-hiring-armed-agents-all-50-states/

Why on earth would a non-law enforcement agency be executing search warrants?

JCO

I had to write a hefty check to the IRS earlier this month. Sadly, the system is weighted against the average citizen, and in favor of the rich and powerful who avoid taxes and take advantage of numerous loopholes not available to most of us.

More government is seldom if ever the solution. Ronald Reagan had a joke about this: "I think you all know that I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.'"

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Nothing like failing to declare the $20 the neighbor paid you for shoveling their walk.

Render unto Caesar.

I understand the hazards faced by agents trying to conduct lawful actions, but due process needs to be observed.
Yet I sense such federal agencies will work carte blanc when conduction investigations.
And remember that is how some criminals were convicted - tax evasion was provable, where murder could not be.

Sadly many police have died simply answering to the call of a domestic squabble gone bad.
Maybe the IRS fears their agents will simply be walking into traps masked as an audit.

Seeing the success they have been having with police in some cities, makes one wonder what qualifications an IRS agent will need to use lethal force.
"Slowly! .... Remove the check with both hands..."

Carl

I had to write a hefty check to the IRS earlier this month. Sadly, the system is weighted against the average citizen, and in favor of the rich and powerful who avoid taxes and take advantage of numerous loopholes not available to most of us.
Have you ever read about how these special protect the rich laws came into being? Congress writes them! And they write them for a specific tax payer.

The other thing about Congress is that they are really good at writing laws, but they SELDOM if ever go back and repeal a law they have written.

SJ129

My initial thought- they know they’re messing with folks money, that our country is broke and in debt. Maybe they’re planning on not paying refunds and anticipating an uprising. I can think of no reason a tax collector needs a weapon.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Have you ever read about how these special protect the rich laws came into being? Congress writes them! And they write them for a specific tax payer.

The other thing about Congress is that they are really good at writing laws, but they SELDOM if ever go back and repeal a law they have written.

The talk all day long about taxing the rich, then allow billionaires to shift untaxed mega billions into foundations or some other such thing without being taxed during the transaction. It would be a simple thing to tax that money during the transaction, but it'll probably never happen. Meanwhile most folks pay a hefty tax on every penny they earn.

Carl

Of course they could take all the money that rich people have and not pay off the national debt because out of control spending has been going on for years. The gov is taking every cent that comes into Washington and spending it. And still the debt grows. Of course if we didn't give so much money to other countries it would help.

It’s scary how much we are devolving into a police state. I brought the IRS thing up to someone I work with. She told me not to worry, that’s just for the militias. :oops: Well they never think it could happen to them.
They’ve changed the definition of sex, gender, and birth. Who in government will decide what a militia is? Will it be all Trump supporters? A church, Sunday school class, website members? All republicans?

_______ Miltia see how easy the definitions change? ABCXYZ?

NewWine2020

Nothing like failing to declare the $20 the neighbor paid you for shoveling their walk.

Render unto Caesar.

I understand the hazards faced by agents trying to conduct lawful actions, but due process needs to be observed.
Yet I sense such federal agencies will work carte blanc when conduction investigations.
And remember that is how some criminals were convicted - tax evasion was provable, where murder could not be.

Sadly many police have died simply answering to the call of a domestic squabble gone bad.
Maybe the IRS fears their agents will simply be walking into traps masked as an audit.

Seeing the success they have been having with police in some cities, makes one wonder what qualifications an IRS agent will need to use lethal force.
"Slowly! .... Remove the check with both hands..."

There's a very entertaining and informative book called Confessions of a Tax Collector by Richard Yancy who was a revenue officer in the 1990's. This is the guy that you see on your porch when you have a significant problem w/ the IRS.

One thing from that book that stood out to me is his claim that one of the most consistently compliant segments of the US population (in terms filing and paying taxes) is organized crime.

The people who he saw most consistently run afoul of the IRS were small business owners who lack the understanding of how to navigate (read: manipulate) our (overly complicated) tax system.

tuco22

An Internal Revenue Service (IRS) job posting shows the tax collection agency is hiring armed agents to work in states across the country.

The IRS website is emblazoned with the words, “We’re Hiring Special Agents Now!”

Among the major duties of IRS special agents is to “be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.”

Another duty is to “carry a firearm.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...ue-service-hiring-armed-agents-all-50-states/

Why on earth would a non-law enforcement agency be executing search warrants?
My guess is property confiscation.

Back