Interfaith leaders urge UN’s COP26 to adopt the Plant Based Treaty

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Over 100 interfaith leaders – including former Chief Rabbi of Ireland Rabbi David Rosen and Revered Shad Groverland of the global organization “Unity Worldwide Ministries.”
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
NOVEMBER 5, 2021

Over 100 interfaith leaders and dozens of faith-based organizations issued a strong message urging COP26 Climate Summit delegates to adopt the “Plant Based Treaty” – a call to encourage the adoption of vegan and plant-based diets worldwide– as a companion to the Paris Agreement. Among the interfaith leaders were former Chief Rabbi of Ireland Rabbi David Rosen and Rev. Shad Groverland, Executive Director of the global organization “Unity Worldwide Ministries.”

The open letter urges delegates to the Glasgow Climate Change conference to endorse veganism as an important approach to averting a climate catastrophe. According to the letter, a global shift toward plant-based diets would reduce greenhouse gas emissions, decrease the atmosphere’s CO2 levels, and ultimately shape a "habitable world for future generations."

“The welfare of the planet, humanity, and all life, is inseparably connected to how we treat one another. The Plant Based Treaty is a vital step in shifting our current path of destruction and harm, towards one of healing, wholeness and creating a sustainable world that works for all,” said Rev. Groverland.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/i...-cop26-to-adopt-the-plant-based-treaty-684105

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Here's the text of the letter and a list of the signatories.

There are organizations and activists, but NO DENOMINATIONS. So it's people that may or may not have "standing" in their organized faith, and not organized religions/churches with ordained leaders that signed this. The term "inter-faith" tends to lead people to believe that it's various organized religions/faiths doing something, but in this case, it's not. It looks like deliberate obfuscation of the true nature of the laundry list of signatories.

Sounds like wolves among the sheep. Sounds like a sneaky way to infiltrate congregations, undermine ordained leaders, and destroy Synagogues, Churches, mosques, etc, and reduce resistance and opposition to "the agenda" :furious :rant :mad :wild

https://plantbasedtreaty.org/interfaith-letter/

Dear God, please shine Your light on this despicable deception.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Dave

Over 100 interfaith leaders – including former Chief Rabbi of Ireland Rabbi David Rosen and Revered Shad Groverland of the global organization “Unity Worldwide Ministries.”
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
NOVEMBER 5, 2021

Over 100 interfaith leaders and dozens of faith-based organizations issued a strong message urging COP26 Climate Summit delegates to adopt the “Plant Based Treaty” – a call to encourage the adoption of vegan and plant-based diets worldwide– as a companion to the Paris Agreement. Among the interfaith leaders were former Chief Rabbi of Ireland Rabbi David Rosen and Rev. Shad Groverland, Executive Director of the global organization “Unity Worldwide Ministries.”

The open letter urges delegates to the Glasgow Climate Change conference to endorse veganism as an important approach to averting a climate catastrophe. According to the letter, a global shift toward plant-based diets would reduce greenhouse gas emissions, decrease the atmosphere’s CO2 levels, and ultimately shape a "habitable world for future generations."

“The welfare of the planet, humanity, and all life, is inseparably connected to how we treat one another. The Plant Based Treaty is a vital step in shifting our current path of destruction and harm, towards one of healing, wholeness and creating a sustainable world that works for all,” said Rev. Groverland.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/i...-cop26-to-adopt-the-plant-based-treaty-684105

:puke

GHoe

The names of those signatory organizations are laughable. Looks to me like a bunch of purple haired Portlandites all made up their own religions and opened web sites... "leaders" is strong language for a "they/it/their" in "they/it/their" parent's basement..

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I’m ready to put up a fight over my ribeye

I'm sure my dog would be really unhappy if she were deprived of her chicken and rice kibble . . .

Cats are obligate carnivores, so must have meat.

Does this mean pet ownership will get banned? Or will they get to eat meat while we eat plants?

What about service dogs, therapy dogs, search-and-rescue, K9, etc.? Emotional support animals (ESA)?

:pray :pray :amen :amen

antitox

Here's how moronic the whole climate change thing is. They are demonizing carbon with no thought that this is a carbon-based existence. So if all life is carbon-based and we go and wage war on carbon, then aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot? Everything recycles down here. The pressure underneath the ocean floor spews out oil into the ocean and the ocean recycles it daily. That is a natural function of the earth. If the earth did not recycle, we would be toast.

For example, they worry about air pollution (as well as many other things because they are just a miserable lot of people). Polluted air is heavier than pure air. If you shut down all factories and automobiles, then the polluted air will settle to the ground and it will recycle. In cities where pollution is a problem is because they keep pumping it into the air every day. The problems these crybabies whine about are not real.

Let's look at what God says:

Gen 8:22 "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease."

So He's promising us that while we're here that He will ensure things continue so we can live. Notice He first said "seedtime and harvest?" This is a firm statement that He will keep the climate working normally so that we can grow crops - that we can farm and have food. If the climate ever got out of whack all life would perish eventually.

I mentioned very little here. There's a lot more that debunks this nonsense. The point is, they don't think anything through. They are just a bunch of parrots (useful idiots) that only follow the narratives they are given because they won't think for themselves.

So . . .I'm pro-carbon.