Insect world could be extinct in a century.

Discussion in 'The Rapture, Bible Prophecy, and End Times Chat' started by daygo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

BBC news has covered an insect world becoming extinct within 100 yrs or so and what effect that would have on the world's food resources, what do others think.

2. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Círeth, Kem, tinyprayers and 7 others like this.
  3. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

I know honey bees have been taking a hit lately, I like them and like honey too, so I help them out planting flowers :bee for them in back yard. Funny thing, on days I need to do a little work, pruning and such, the bees just continue doing their bee work and do not get mad at me. But wasps/hornets I do not tolerate, we are at a constant state of war with them and I see no truce in the future . They like to build nests in our eves on front of house by front door and they are aggressive, 2 favorite weapons are a 2 gallon pump sprayer with 1.5 cups of liquid dish soap the rest is water, and a can of foaming wasp/hornet spray that shoots 30', the dish soap water is for protection when they get close hit them with the spray and they drop right out of the air, the foaming spray kills the nest and everything in it and then you can remove the nest.

I wish mosquitoes would disappear, they seem to be increasing in our area

I think the rapture is so close we needn't worry

4. vbf

vbf Well-Known Member

I put absolutely no stock in man-made catastrophizing. God's Word doesn't prophecy such a thing and the 1,000 year Millennial Reign will very most likely be underway in 100 years and I'll still be napping after feasting at the Marriage Supper Of The Lamb.

5. Work4Peanuts

Work4Peanuts Well-Known Member

I think it's about as likely as the world coming to an end within 12 years because of global warming... I mean climate change. Yeah, that's it.

6. RonJohnSilver

RonJohnSilver Well-Known Member

About a century too late in my opinion. Snakes next.

7. vbf

vbf Well-Known Member

.......it could be that all the insects die due to catastrophic habitat disruption and/or damage as a result of Occasional Cortex's plan to tear down and rebuild every building in America. PETA is not going to be ok with that!

8. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

oh yeah!

9. endofdays

endofdays Well-Known Member

the bible says that insects will be around...
    I think the huge army of Locusts are getting ready

10. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

Ack! That's too soon... I wouldn't be able to use up my humongous stock of mosquito repellant if they disappeared in a mere 100 years or so... plus Alaska would then have to select a new "state bird". ;)

11. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

:thumbup

12. usoutpost31

usoutpost31 Well-Known Member

There are many parts of the world where insect populations are not catalogued, it sounds far fetched to me. It certainly would have damaging effects. If the insects ever go, many species of birds, reptiles and fish will go soon after.

13. Watching and Waiting

Watching and Waiting Well-Known Member

Well isn't that an odd thing? From time to time on the news of all things, they say "we" will be eating insects instead of beef/chicken etc, due to their being so many of them, and now some scientists have come up with flour made with cockroaches.
    :swatfly

14. Work4Peanuts

Work4Peanuts Well-Known Member

It's another scare tactic to get people to give up more of their freedoms. Nothing more.

15. Batfan7

Batfan7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds like baloney to me.

16. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Cockroach baloney?

17. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

:ahaha Yuk!

18. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

I will pass on that one thank you

19. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Occaisional Cortex. :p LOVE IT!

20. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

VERY Occasional. As in 'almost never'.

Círeth, athenasius and tinyprayers like this.