Insane - Lil Nas X are releasing shoe dedicated to satan.

MapleLeaf

When I was growing up, I was allowed to listen to classical music on the radio or local talk radio only (mostly sports, news, agricultural information, and Lutheran programs.. Not even Gospel because it wasn't classical and who knew what doctrinal errors, etc. might be in the songs, or what the band members might be up to (even back then). When in school music programs, I was allowed to play traditional band and orchestra/chamber orchestra music. Vocal music was church choir, etc. Not allowed to listen to opera because of content.

I think the happy medium is to build a Biblical foundation for evaluating music and content, and then introduce various musics as an opportunity to discuss the merits and otherwise of different music, artists, styles, etc. This was easy in my house because parents were musical and not afraid to *discuss* modern music in a one-way manner :hmmm

:pray :pray :amen :amen
It's not as if they only watch VeggieTales. They seem to have moved on from that anyways. We are fairly big Disney fans though we have decided against letting them watch new things as the woke/LGBT agenda is getting way too blatant. Wreck-it Ralph 2 was the last of the new releases we watched with them (I was unimpressed and wish we hadn't bought it for them). We already have many discussions with the older movies as it is. We have been watching "Home Improvement" with them and the character Jill (the wife) has a friend who is always putting Tim (the husband) down and starting fights between the two. So I use that to tell my kids that a marriage relationship is very special and they should never let their friends talk like that about their spouses. And if their friends don't listen then they're not good friends to be with. Or, how the insults and squabbles are funny on TV but not a good idea in real life. My dad always taught us to "talk back" to the TV and it helped me. Of the newer movies, we did let the kids see the "Sonic" movie and we were fairly impressed with it. Not just clean, but had a great message about family, and the married couple was presented as a united front who were gracious and understanding of each other, willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

My kids are both still under 10 and my oldest is special needs (who seem to be the most targeted for this trans-agenda) so I definitely want to wait before introducing topics on sexuality. We are already planting the seeds of "one man and one woman". I don't want my kids worried about the sexuality of any kind yet. I like that innocence about kids and it never lasts long so I preserve it while I can.

And we are not big on music but our tastes are eclectic. We listen to classical but we also listen to a lot of parody and silly songs (parent pre-approved, of course) and old classic hits. My daughter got a kick out of "Who Wrote the Book of Love?". haha Oh, and TV theme songs, mostly old. And movie soundtrack themes. Our kids can identify many different themes. My husband also found a channel that takes old classical and movie themes and turns them into ragtime. It's fun.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
HAY BROTHER WHAT IS THE MOSES LOOK? THIS SICK OLD WORLD GETS WORSE EVERY DAY. I CAN'T HARDLEY READ THE NEWS ON RR. GETS ON THIS OLD MANS NERVES! LOVE AND PRAYERS FOR YOU EVERYDAY MY BROTHER! IN JESUS HOLY NAME I PRAY. BILLY AND NANCY.

Hey Brother Billy, the really long bushy beard is what the Moses look appears like, then again i'm goin of Charlton Heston's look when he played Moses in the 10 commandments movie.

I hate the news as well, but it kind of helps me with putting the puzzle together as to how close to the end times or rapture we might be.

Love and prayers to you and Nancy as well.

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

I refuse to watch any Christian media or others that produce these shows.

But why though? I do wonder at the Christians who are constantly watching anti-satanism stuff as it seems more borne out of interest in the topic but approaching it from a 'sanctioned' way but there does seem to be a need for such ministries. I don't desire satanism myself so don't watch a lot of those things but I did catch the latest Billy Crone video and I found it fairly convicting as the focus was on how love of self is a form of satanism as we're worshipping something other than God. It made me question what selfish things I am holding on to or if I am putting myself higher than I should.

SafReb

But why though? I do wonder at the Christians who are constantly watching anti-satanism stuff as it seems more borne out of interest in the topic but approaching it from a 'sanctioned' way but there does seem to be a need for such ministries. I don't desire satanism myself so don't watch a lot of those things but I did catch the latest Billy Crone video and I found it fairly convicting as the focus was on how love of self is a form of satanism as we're worshipping something other than God. It made me question what selfish things I am holding on to or if I am putting myself higher than I should.
We known lot of things the through God's Word. For example you mention the love of oneself being Satanism. This is confirmed in Genesis 3:5 when the serpent said to Eve "for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.”

Satan's world is all about me me me which matches the 'iPhone' and the "selfie" generation that we are in.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I refuse to watch any Christian media or others that produce these shows.
No i wouldn't say he would fall under the banner of Christian media, it was basically an expose on Satanism and what they believe, how they try to indoctrinate people.

He does a similar series on exposing the false religions and there beliefs and how to counter their arguments from a christian perspective.

The best way i could describe his ministry is exposing the enemies beliefs and tactics.

alisani

Of course, Miley Cyrus got a pair. Her father must be proud. I shouldn't say anything negative. It's hard though when you have kids and feel like they're being attacked.
I can appreciate that anger. So many demonic darts coming at our children these days. We're only human. I have to remind myself daily of the scriptures which reference our real enemy, otherwise I struggle to pray for some of the lost.