In a Seinfeld Moment, Israeli Archaeologists Hail Momentous Find of Nothing

GEOINTAnalyst

Gath, the hometown of the biblical giant Goliath, was destroyed 2,800 years ago by the Arameans. Now, researchers may have found how exactly it was done.
What archaeologists were after was a gap in the otherwise massive fortifications of this Iron Age settlement in central Israel, best known as the hometown of the mythical giant Goliath.
Gath, also known today as Tell es-Safi, was one of the main city states of the Philistines until it was conquered and destroyed around 830 B.C.E. by the forces of the Aramean king Hazael.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...sts-hail-momentous-find-of-nothing-1.10076941

Batman

Nice post. Have you ever watch some of the videos of well informed tour guides, preachers, or Christian brothers/sisters walking on each side and in between the area where David slew Goliath? It is amazing to watch this and in several cases hear their commentary. God's Word is so incredible and His preservation of Middle East and Israeli Bible sites is also incredible. I expect Biblical archaeology field and findings are still very popular even outside of Christians.

JSTyler

mythical, oh really? ..... not this boy I believe in giants and have never seen one
I'm a big guy, or I used to be. It still hasn't sunk in that I've been eroding with time.

I'm not a sports fan, never really was, but years ago when I was still a strapper, I found myself in a small-ish room with a guy I didn't recognized until he came up and introduced himself. It was Cal Ripken. The dude was tall, and had a real presence of size. He was yooge! Really-really friendly and personable but yooge! Also, I worked one Summer in the Baltimore Colts training camp...all but a select few players were yooge!

That's as close to real giants as I ever want to get. I hate to admit it but I probably would have been one of those leading the charge against Joshua and Caleb. My past is filled with bar room brawls and bikers but giants? No-way-uh-uh-nope!

Batman

I'm a big guy, or I used to be. It still hasn't sunk in that I've been eroding with time.

I'm not a sports fan, never really was, but years ago when I was still a strapper, I found myself in a small-ish room with a guy I didn't recognized until he came up and introduced himself. It was Cal Ripken. The dude was tall, and had a real presence of size. He was yooge! Really-really friendly and personable but yooge! Also, I worked one Summer in the Baltimore Colts training camp...all but a select few players were yooge!

That's as close to real giants as I ever want to get. I hate to admit it but I probably would have been one of those leading the charge against Joshua and Caleb. My past is filled with bar room brawls and bikers but giants? No-way-uh-uh-nope!
Yep. Ripken is my height (6'4") and during his playing days I always considered him 6' at the most. I did see him in KC one time and was then aware of his similar height. When I went to a KC Kings game in the early 70's I was shocked at how big the players were. Height, width, and weight is no match today to Goliath and the giants of Biblical renown. Very exciting that some of them may be in the MK and eternity with us. I sometimes wonder if many of us will have entirely different body size and height in perfect eternity if on earth we were some sort of DNA polluted mutagenically changed in our original mortality; and God "fixes" things properly for immortality? I wonder?

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Gath, the hometown of the biblical giant Goliath, was destroyed 2,800 years ago by the Arameans. Now, researchers may have found how exactly it was done.
What archaeologists were after was a gap in the otherwise massive fortifications of this Iron Age settlement in central Israel, best known as the hometown of the mythical giant Goliath.
Gath, also known today as Tell es-Safi, was one of the main city states of the Philistines until it was conquered and destroyed around 830 B.C.E. by the forces of the Aramean king Hazael.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...sts-hail-momentous-find-of-nothing-1.10076941
Thank you GEOINTAnalyst,
I am constantly showing articles like this to the class I teach at my church. It helps us to validate many of the biblical accounts and gives a great defense against all the biblical naysayers.
Thank you again
God bless
Brother Albert

TrustinHim

sometimes wonder if many of us will have entirely different body size and height in perfect eternity if on earth we were some sort of DNA polluted mutagenically changed in our original mortality; and God "fixes" things properly for immortality? I wonder?
I think of this from time to time that all the redeemed will be restored to perfection. No one with deformity and as physically athletic, attractive as anyone else (not that it will matter as it does now) brains that make geniuses now seem slow witted.

Back