IMPORTANT NOTICE: Rapture Forums will be changing forum software on Wednesday 1/28/2015

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks,
I need to let you know that due to the fact that the unsupported version of VBulletin (forum software) we have now is becoming a security issue for the site, we will be changing to a new forums software program on Wednesday. As a result, I have purchased new software to run the Rapture Forums message board. We will be having the RF forums close down Wednesday morning and we should be back up by the evening, if not sooner.

On Wednesday morning if you come to RF around 6-7AM (not a certain exact time) you will see a forum notice that the forums is down for a software upgrade. We will be moving the URL of RF forums as well. When the new forums is up and ready for visitors, the VB forums notice message will provide you with the new URL. I will also have the old URL redirected to the new forums.

To give you an idea of what we will be moving to you can take a look at an example forums here: https://xenforo.com/community/

So, please do not be surprised when you come to the forum on Wednesday and see that the forums is down. It is temporary and we are expected to be back up after the import is done to the new software. All post, threads, forums, PMs, users, etc. will be retained. We are just changing the software while maintaining the same board. There will be some differences in the forum software than what we are using now, but I believe that having a supported software product is important for the forums moving forward.

I know people do not like change and I am certainly one of those kind of people, so believe me when I say that this change is absolutely necessary. Just as we changed versions of VBulletin back years ago, people did not like it at first, but then they got use to it. The same will happen with this change. It will be for the best.

Thank you for understanding. :hug

God bless.

Back