I'm sorry that I don't have a more frequent online presences.

Hidden

I'm sorry that I am posting so little, I am posting basically only when I feel inspired to do so. :)
It's completely okay to not post often. I find in myself that reading too many threads and having that constant dopamine hits can also be bad if you don't have the discipline to know your limits. It's also like reading the news, it's physically draining. We are not designed to absorb everything, especially global issues. This is one of the reasons why God divided humanity in Babel.

We are better off serving our churches and neighbors and fellow believers than worrying about some problem in some faraway place like what most in the left are doing.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Am I interpreting that verse right, do we all have different measures of Christ in our lives, I don't see how that could be!

The next few verses talk about how each person has different spiritual gifts to use for the betterment of the body of Christ

There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—one Lord, one faith, one baptism,one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men.”( In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth? He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, - Ephesians 4:4-13

I think in context it isn't saying that each person is given a certain amount of grace or has a certain limit to his/her Christlike-ness, but rather that each person through Christ's grace is given a different spiritual gift as He sees fit in order to build up other Christians. Some gifts or offices seem to be something like an either/or, but things like the fruit of the Spirit are all included in a believers life.

Each believer can expect to grow in "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control" - Galatians 5:22-23, but each believer is not expected to be a teacher, pastor, evangelist, prophet, *and* apostle, so each is given a different gift and we build each other up