I'm so thankful

Andy C

I'm so thankful for all I have been blessed with.

Living in this world, without being OF the world is not easy. There is so much evil all around us, that it's hard to maintain a positive Christian attitude.

I'm so thankful that Jesus came, and gave His life for me.

I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit taking residence in my body. Me. My body. A sinner who does not deserve what I have been given. How blessed are we that we are not saved based on our behavior.

I'm so thankful there are Christians on the front lines, taking on satan, and fighting for those souls who are caught in between good and evil.

I'm so thankful for people like you, praying for the salvation of my loved ones.

I'm so thankful for a web site like this, and the rapture ready site, where Christians can fellowship with one another. We may never meet face to face in this life, but we will have more than enough time for a get together while spending eternity with Him.

There is much more I could write about, but I'm curious, what are you thankful for?

billym

I am thankful for God who loved us so much that He sent His son to die for us and His Grace and Mercy that called me out of darkness into His light. I am thankful for the fellowship we have in this forum. I am thankful for my sisters in Christ in another fellowship I am in. I am thankful for my wife and son. I could go on and on, I am thankful that this is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. I am thankful that we are not our own but we are bought with a price. I am thankful that His Grace is sufficient for me. I am thankful that after I first believed I was sealed by that Holy Spirit of promise. I am thankful for Grace thru faith and not of works. I am thankful that He which has begun a good work in me will complete it. I am thankful that eternal life starts when we are saved. I am thankful that after 10,000 years we will have only just begun. I am,thankful the God became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His Glory. I am thankful that we are more than conquerors thru Him. I am thankful that nothing shall separate us from the Love of Christ. I am thankful that God allowed me to wake up this morning. I am thankful for a sound mind and health to Praise the Lord this morning.

Simon of Syrene

I am thankful that God much loved the loved the world that He sent His only Son to die for us, dead in our sins, that whosoever believes in Him( a sinner like me) will not have to perish ( most likely I was going to ) but have ever lasting life. I'm so thankful it's not about how good I am, it's not my station in life, my wealth, my righteousness ( which by the way is like a filthy rag ) BUT by GRACE, yippie :bouncieslest I be disqualified !

Andy C

Wow. Great responses from all of you.

I'm thankful for having the best wife. We're both thankful for her health. She was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2010 at age 46. Why are we thankful for her health, even with this diagnosis? Her usual "relapses" cause her to have severe fatigue, which then leads to cognitive issues, and numbness in different areas, and pain in her legs. This can last a few days, or weeks, then goes away. This has caused her not to be able to work, and she has made a dramatic change to her life style. So, again, why are we thankful? We spent the last 2 months in Oregon visiting her family. Her sister-in-law Kathy was diagnosed with MS one year after my wife. Kathy can't walk unassisted, can barely stand, has foot problems, one hand is always numb and barely functions, and numerous other internal problems. With MS, you never know what your future condition will be, so any new symptom can cause a lot of stress, and depression. We pray everyday for Kathy, and all others who suffer from any other diseases, or physical disabilities.

As many of you know, life can change in an instant. For my wife, MS changed her slowly over a period of time. We are thankful that thus far, her MS has not caused her to lose any mobility, and has been managed ok. It could be far worse like Kathy.

15 months after she was diagnosed I quit working at age 54. She was depressed at home alone during the day, and I had a hard time being apart from her. We are both retired military, and God has blessed us in many areas of our life, so I knew it was time to be a stay at home husband.

Many couples have a hard time spending so much time together, but this has only made us closer. Again, another Blessing from Him.

We travel to the west coast every summer to get out of the high humidity of NC. Heat shuts her body down ASAP. Oregon has perfect weather for her.

God has Blessed us, and He brought us together 16 years ago. I was a fence setter on accepting Jesus as my Savior. My wife took a chance in marrying me, and as she says "God told me to join with you", and she was the number one reason I made the choice to accept Jesus as my Savior. We are so thankful for God being the number one focus in our life. All thanks goes to Him. All Praise is for our Lord and Savior, and to Him we serve.

ReadyforSupper

I am thankful for the song in my heart, I'm thankful for my family here and for my most inspiring fellowship with my brother and sisters in our other fellowship, who Sing songs and praises to the Lord, Who challenge one another with scripture throughout the day and encourage us to keep pushing forward even though things are trying at times.
I'm thankful for God's provision and the church He sent us to! I'm thankful for the freedoms we have when so many have none. I'm thankful that our merciful Lord is longsuffering as I see new believers being filled with the joy of the Lord each day. I am thankful that I have more than enough. I am thankful that the Lord has given me work to do and the strength to do it. Most of all, I am thankful that Jesus, Son of the living God, the Master of the Universe, loved me enough to sacrifice himself to save a wretch like me!

RoseWood

I'm so thankful for all I have been blessed with.

Living in this world, without being OF the world is not easy. There is so much evil all around us, that it's hard to maintain a positive Christian attitude.

I'm so thankful that Jesus came, and gave His life for me.

I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit taking residence in my body. Me. My body. A sinner who does not deserve what I have been given. How blessed are we that we are not saved based on our behavior.

I'm so thankful there are Christians on the front lines, taking on satan, and fighting for those souls who are caught in between good and evil.

I'm so thankful for people like you, praying for the salvation of my loved ones.

I'm so thankful for a web site like this, and the rapture ready site, where Christians can fellowship with one another. We may never meet face to face in this life, but we will have more than enough time for a get together while spending eternity with Him.

There is much more I could write about, but I'm curious, what are you thankful for?
Grace & Mercy!!!

pixelpusher

There are times during the day that gratitude just overwhelms me, and I have to stop in my tracks and lift my eyes skyward, or bow my head and just stop to thank Him, for my wife, our blessed marriage, our kids, the fact we have health, our provisions, house, jobs, and more. Of course there is the constant thankfulness for His grace and mercy towards me, a sinner, and the fact that this world is not my home. I'm thankful for you guys. Thankful I can access and read the Bible, and all the other thngs mentioned.

But I want to come back in a minute and edit this post and share something that was really special and caused even more prayers of gratitude. Gotta go get my wife's phone so I can see her texts.

edit: OK, got it. This is a text conversation between my 19yo son and his Mom:

DW: I saw the Hill family at the pool today, they asked about you. Wow, Alex has really grown up! He will be a sophomore at South Central next year. If you need anything, let me know.

DS: Wow, really? That's awesome and I'm doing well, thank you for the money yesterday too!​

I worked 165 hours this month, so will probably get a nice paycheck Monday.​

DW: Yay! You are doing great, and your Dad and I are very proud of you! I can't tell you how happy I am that you are a Christian! You are a blessing to us. Hugs!

DS: Thank you! And I am just glad I had you guys to teach me about Jesus, otherwise I would be lost, I love you guys very much

______

Music to my ears. I am extremely thankful that my son is safe, and standing firm in the midst of things. We are "working" on his younger bro, and I am also thankful that he gets to see and hear about his older brother praying for his friends, like in the car the other day.

Yes, thank You Father. So very much.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
There are times during the day that gratitude just overwhelms me, and I have to stop in my tracks and lift my eyes skyward, or bow my head and just stop to thank Him, for my wife, our blessed marriage, our kids, the fact we have health, our provisions, house, jobs, and more. Of course there is the constant thankfulness for His grace and mercy towards me, a sinner, and the fact that this world is not my home. I'm thankful for you guys. Thankful I can access and read the Bible, and all the other thngs mentioned.

But I want to come back in a minute and edit this post and share something that was really special and caused even more prayers of gratitude. Gotta go get my wife's phone so I can see her texts.

edit: OK, got it. This is a text conversation between my 19yo son and his Mom:

DW: I saw the Hill family at the pool today, they asked about you. Wow, Alex has really grown up! He will be a sophomore at South Central next year. If you need anything, let me know.

DS: Wow, really? That's awesome and I'm doing well, thank you for the money yesterday too!​

I worked 165 hours this month, so will probably get a nice paycheck Monday.​

DW: Yay! You are doing great, and your Dad and I are very proud of you! I can't tell you how happy I am that you are a Christian! You are a blessing to us. Hugs!

DS: Thank you! And I am just glad I had you guys to teach me about Jesus, otherwise I would be lost, I love you guys very much

______

Music to my ears. I am extremely thankful that my son is safe, and standing firm in the midst of things. We are "working" on his younger bro, and I am also thankful that he gets to see and hear about his older brother praying for his friends, like in the car the other day.

Yes, thank You Father. So very much.
A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! Our God IS!

Lily

Looking Up
I'm thankful to Jesus beyond what I can ever express, that He has made it possible for me to be reunited with my little girl one day. She was only 12 years old when she went home and I couldn't bear it if it wasn't for the hope of eternity.

My eyes will see the impossible, my arms will no longer ache. I can hardly wait.

Andy C

I'm thankful to Jesus beyond what I can ever express, that He has made it possible for me to be reunited with my little girl one day. She was only 12 years old when she went home and I couldn't bear it if it wasn't for the hope of eternity.

My eyes will see the impossible, my arms will no longer ache. I can hardly wait.
Amen. Short post but very moving, it's all about faith.

Michael Ross

What a GREAT thread..... I love all your posts so far.... They are very moving and so very joyful to read.
I am so very thankful for the fellowship of this forum. It truly has been a blessing.
I like many of you lived a life in the flesh for most of my life and sinned badly in a life of wretchedness and self gratification..... The first and most thing I will always be thankful for is that our Lord Jesus Christ who was perfect in every way sacrificed his life that we might live... God loves us so very much that he gave up his very son as a sacrifice and atonement for my sinful ways.... The ultimate sacrifice for love.....

After that I am so very thankful for knowing that I will one day have the incredible joy of serving our Lord Jesus for an eternity.... I literally can not put into words how much joy I have in knowing this and I am so VERY thankful for this. I only wish that I could serve him better now.... I know I fall short in a world that is so hardened and it is very difficult..... But when we go to be with him I believe it will be so very easy and joyful to serve him.... So I look forward to this and am very thankful for this.

Kosie

I am so thankful Jesus that You who is God came in the flesh to die for my sins.

Your blood was shed for me and Your body was battered beyond recognition. All for me. In order to be reconciled with You.

Who is the god that can say he loved so much that he was willing to die for what he created? You are the Only One o God.

I love You my Heavenly Father. I love You Jesus my Saviour. I love You Holy Spirit.

Please make me worthy of Your love.