I'm pretty sure Putin blew up the Nordstreams and here is why

athenasius

George and I follow Rebekah Koffler's articles and opinions with great interest. She is reliable and accurate. He found an interview with her today on Fox News in which she outlined how and why she thinks Putin blew up the pipelines. On that interview, she said she'd written it all out in an op ed piece linked here:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/five-reasons-russia-behind-nord-stream-industrial-sabotage

I think it is the MOST likely solution to that question, who dunnit? Furthermore, I think Joe Biden and Nuland's stupid interviews on public TV stating they'd destroy the pipelines if Putin invaded -- back in Feb this year, gave Putin the most appropriate handy fall guys and patsies that the world has ever seen!

He must have laughed as he planned this with his teams. Biden and Nuland, the perfect fall guys, easy to blame.

Quotes from Rebekah's article:
Here are five reasons why Russia is probably the state that has orchestrated this dangerous act. I clipped the points--to read the whole thing go to the link.

First, Putin has the motivation. Facing potential defeat in Ukraine, Putin is desperate to reverse the momentum ...resorting to dramatic escalation. This is his way of trying to compel the U.S. and Europe to stop providing long-range weaponry to Ukraine. The outcome of the conflict in Ukraine is an existential issue for him personally and for Russia. Russia views Ukraine, along with other former Soviet states, as part of its strategic security perimeter. Putin has already declared adding Ukraine to NATO and integrating into the West a "red line."

Second, damaging or destroying critical infrastructure is consistent with Russia’s warfighting concept called Strategic Operation to Defeat Critical Infrastructure of the Adversary (SOPKVOP, in Russian)....Intended for wartime, SOPKVOP operations also can be deployed during peacetime to "destabilize the opponent’s social and political situation" and dislodge the adversary psychologically to persuade him to abandon the fight. Russia’s targeting strategy prioritizes critical infrastructure. It has spent years studying Western vulnerabilities. SOPKVOP envisions prosecuting quasi-military campaigns by employing cyber operations and other non-kinetic methods.

Third, Russian military strategists have pondered a scenario in which Russia would target their adversaries' civilian infrastructure during a conflict. Defeating a "small number of key interconnected targets" that are vital to the functioning of the state would cause the "entire system to collapse," they hypothesized.
In 2012, Russian strategists analyzed a 2001 accident in the United States that involved a train....."Taking parts of the adversary’s civilian infrastructure out of commission," the Russian strategists argued, will produce cascading destructive effects, "harming the economy, healthcare, defense and security of the entire state."

Fourth, Russia is one of very few countries that has the exact capability needed to sever the Nord Stream pipelines carrying Russian gas to Europe and to do it covertly. Moscow has invested in undersea warfare capabilities through its GUGI program, a top secret program with the innocuous cover name of "Deep Sea Research" that includes work on undersea communications and sensor networks, hydrocarbon exploitation, submarine rescue and investigating wreckage.

Moscow has war gamed territorial incursions in the Baltic Sea and the North Atlantic as well as the disruption of undersea cables that carry communications. It is the only country, according to the U.S. Naval Institute, that has a fleet of special mission submarines for seabed warfare and espionage and is expanding this capability, while U.S. and European antisubmarine warfare capabilities have atrophied since the end of the Cold War.

Fifth
, Putin has no use for Nord Stream in the short term, as neither pipeline 1 or 2 are revenue producing. Moscow shut down Nord Stream 1 at the end of August, claiming that U.S. and European economic sanctions had made maintenance impossible. Nord Stream 2 never became operational, with Germany having declined its certification. To the contrary, taking Nord Stream out of commission serves Putin’s goal of freezing the Europeans in winter, a standard Putin move to use energy as a weapon.

Russia is replacing this lost revenue with export earnings from non-Western countries, such as China, India, and even the Taliban. The $55 billion joint Russia-China pipeline "The Power of Siberia," which has partially operated since 2019 and is scheduled to come online in 2025, is part of Putin’s long-term plan to pivot to Asia, given Moscow’s conclusion that relations with the U.S. are irreparable.

The Kremlin has the motive, the means and a warfighting doctrine that all put the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipeline directly at its feet."

back to Margery

In that interview she also mentioned that Russia is selling far more gas with far more revenue TO CHINA and INDIA-- both members of the SCO or Shanghai Cooperative Organization that I've mentioned in the past, calling it NATO FOR NASTIES.

They just had a summit 3 weeks back. China and Russia are the charter starter partners. And Russia is the top dog in that partnership. It includes Turkey, India, the former USSR "Stans" including Afghanistan.

THAT REVENUE is FAR MORE important to Putin than the much smaller amount he got or would potentially get from Europe for the Nordstreams.

Both George and I have been convinced that Russia did this.

The Nordstream 1 was coming out of maintenance. 2 was still being built. One of the things they do during building and later maintenance is run machinery called "pigs" to clean and examine the interior of these pipes. George wonders if a pig was loaded with a remote controlled bomb or two into each pipe. There's more to it than that. The pipes are trenched and buried deep during construction but if a remote bomb was placed by a deep operating sub beside the pipes the mud could also serve as an explosive mat to direct the energy charge to the pipeline as the weakest area.

And finally the business of the explosions happening right on the day that the new Baltic pipeline financed by Poland, Denmark and the EU was coming on line. That is a very Russian signature of drawing attention to something. Telling you why they do something without actually telling you.

Rebekah Koffler wrote the book "Putin's Playbook" after my father in law died, sad to say because he would have been delighted to read it, and would have agreed with it.

For those who don't know George is Russian, born in China to Russian expat parents now dead. They emigrated to Canada in 1950 during the Chinese Revolution. They were what are known as "white Russians" being Tsarist NON Communists and their parents escaped out of Russia into China during the Russian Revolution. My inlaws ran from Communism all their lives and had a deep horror and close up knowledge of it. My father in law kept up with inside Russian contacts later in life as he was both an engineer and a technical translator for the Canadian govt working with some Russian Science cooperative efforts. He later found the internet a very useful tool to monitor Russian politics as Putin rose to power after Glasnost and the fall of the USSR.

Putin was an interesting topic of conversation and my fil tracked him with dismay. Fil would not be surprised if he could see what just happened this year.

Anyway, I think her interview on Fox News is worth looking at if you do a search. and she's a regular on Fox. Her article link is here: https://www.foxnews.com/person/k/rebekah-koffler if you want to do further reading.

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans
I guess I have a hard time understanding why Putin would blow up his own infrastructure when he already 100% controlled it via his puppet gas company, Gazprom. The whole point of building the pipelines was so he could hold Europe hostage should they try to interfere with his plans. Now he decides to just blow it up so he doesn’t have that option at all? Doesn’t make sense.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If it was the Ruskies I don't think they'd arm pipeline pigs as the forensics from that would too easily lead back to them. Externally placed explosives offer plausible denial as there are many parties who could pull that off, and a US President whose own words could be used to point to the US.

Benjamin8147

I'd suggest watching and reading the article here. This shows that there was only a single aircraft up over that area the time of the explosions and that it came directly from America.

https://www.monkeywerxus.com/blog/the-nord-stream-2-pipeline-sabotage

Here's the video as well that covers the article visually from tracking software. It directly at the time that covers this. ****************/Jfpw9I01J0o?t=637

Also, America now doubles its income from LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) exports to Europe due to sanctions on Russia fuel purchases so if any county had an invested reasoning to get rid of the chance of EU countries returning to Russian fuel when the winter hits, it would be America.

JustLikeHeaven

I'd suggest watching and reading the article here. This shows that there was only a single aircraft up over that area the time of the explosions and that it came directly from America.

Here's the video as well that covers the article visually from tracking software. It directly at the time that covers this. ****************/Jfpw9I01J0o?t=637

Also, America now doubles its income from LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) exports to Europe due to sanctions on Russia fuel purchases so if any county had an invested reasoning to get rid of the chance of EU countries returning to Russian fuel when the winter hits, it would be America.
YES! Monkey knows the business!

Joseph The Carpenter

Germany was getting wobbly and most definitely would have caved when Germans start dieing from the cold. I doubt their government will survive the winter anyway.
The pipeline was already shut off.
Putin had tremendous leverage over Europe with that pipeline.
Blinken said this is a tremendous opportunity to remove the dependence on Russian energy.
My vote is America did it.

jeanie

I saw that ...and it's the only visual link we have currently..but
What if...this explosive device was placed much earlier along with a 'switch'..

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Germany was getting wobbly and most definitely would have caved when Germans start dieing from the cold. I doubt their government will survive the winter anyway.
The pipeline was already shut off.
Putin had tremendous leverage over Europe with that pipeline.
Blinken said this is a tremendous opportunity to remove the dependence on Russian energy.
My vote is America did it.

I'm skeptical with regards to Russia being the perp. If they blew up the pipeline they ended the leverage that that gave them with Europe. It would be like shooting off one of your toes. They already showed that they would shut down the flow, which they had. With the pipelines destroyed, they can no longer leverage their energy resources with regards to influencing Europe.

GHoe

I'm skeptical too, Gazprom produced 515 billion cubic meters of gas in 2021, of that 515, NS 1 "only" flowed 59 billion cubic meters of gas (to Germany).

I guess it should be pointed out that if it was Russia / Gazprom that caused the destruction, they didn't disrupt any of their other lines to Europe (albeit the pipe destruction appeared to take place in open waters outside of Denmark territory).

Also leading up to the attacks, I am seeing articles with Ukraine chastising Germany because they were not sending the weaponry / aide that was expected of them.

Under the above circumstances, I can see an outside party (non Russia) damaging the pipeline in an effort to embroil Germany in the Ukraine conflict to affect their generosity to Ukraine via aid + weapons??

It's no secret Ukraine wants to join NATO and or E.U. to force their hands and get more aid and $upport. But it's also no secret that isn't likely to happen and so neither NATO or E.U. nations will officially engage against Russia unless there is an act of war on those countries.

I think it's possible the destruction of NS1 NS2 was thought to have been that catalyst for Germany and thus NATO or E.U. involvement ?

Lots of angles.. Gazprom also released a statement today regarding gas delivery and their actions to stabilize the pipe. Didn't strike me as very telling regarding their knowledge of who was involved or their position on what had occurred.

MapleLeaf

The western media trying to bury the Nordstream explosion makes me think it likely it was them. I could sort of see how Russia would false flag something like that but it feels more of a stretch. American directly benefits with Europe needing to buy oil and gas from them and Putin looks even weaker to his own people. I'm not convinced that Russia would gain more than they lose by blowing up their own pipeline.

GHoe

Todays video is good, shows the refueler's ("Bart 12") flight history that met up with the "N/A" American plane nearby the NS1/2 damage locations and just before the damage occurred. It appears the flight history is lacking or has been scrubbed, showing no events or flights Sept 26th (date of incident and contact with unknown plane from America).

biblegirl

The only reason I can think of for Putin to do this would be if he wanted justification to bring other parties more directly into the war (the U.S. being at the forefront). By accusing someone else of attacking civilian infrastructure, Putin would consider himself justified in a retaliatory attack, such as a cyberattack on the U.S. banking system, or energy grid. At this point, I really don't know who has done this, but the Biden administration seems very happy that it has happened.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven