I'm not sure what to do with my life or my exact purpose.

Accepted

I plan on calling him, to see if I can come over. Then when I'm there, I'll apologize to not only my father, but my step mother as well since I had caused her great pain and my brother/sisters for not keeping in touch with them for so long. The problem is, my step dad and my side of my family do not like my father. They have their reasons but they hold resentment within their hearts.

I know if I tried to contact them, my step dad would not be to happy. Their reasons are not totally wrong but the past is the past. If God was the type to hold our past against us, then who could be forgiven? Just like God has forgiven me, and has been patient with me, likewise I want to as well.

I definitely do know my limits, so reaching beyond what I can reach is not an option lol, even if it's a simple job, then at the very least I can help my family out and what have you. Thank you for such encouraging words, and for helping me with ideas and whatnot.

I'll definitely keep all of you updated regarding the moving part, my dad and co, and job as well. I also gotta pray more and get closer to God as well.
I can see that you’re in an uncomfortable situation between your step-dad and other family members who still have past hurts to deal with. Ask the Lord to go before you and soften their hearts, and when they question you about it, I would just humbly and respectfully say something like “I know he did wrong in the past, and so did I. I must do what is right between myself and the Lord now - please try to understand!” :pray :hug

Neonap

I can see that you’re in an uncomfortable situation between your step-dad and other family members who still have past hurts to deal with. Ask the Lord to go before you and soften their hearts, and when they question you about it, I would just humbly and respectfully say something like “I know he did wrong in the past, and so did I. I must do what is right between myself and the Lord now - please try to understand!” :pray :hug

Guess what? While my step dad was outside, I had told my mother that I wanted to go visit my dad because I miss them. Surprisingly, she was ok with it. She told me that she nor anyone has the right to keep me from contacting my father, and to keep it a secret from my step dad for now.

I plan on calling my dad today, please pray that all goes well and that we will be able to move to Florida. God is good and thank you all for praying for me. I love you all.

Neonap

I had called the original landline number that they used to have but it doesn't go through.... I tried looking for their numbers by putting in their names, I got a few phone numbers but the numbers are either someone's else's or it's out of service.. I texted this one number to see if it's my dad's but if it's not then I have no way of contacting them at all.

Accepted

I had called the original landline number that they used to have but it doesn't go through.... I tried looking for their numbers by putting in their names, I got a few phone numbers but the numbers are either someone's else's or it's out of service.. I texted this one number to see if it's my dad's but if it's not then I have no way of contacting them at all.
Try asking your mom about it. She may know of someone who would have the number. :hug

Leigh

I somehow found my dad's cellphone number and ended up talking to him on the phone! God is so good, because had I not found his phone number on the internet, I wouldn't have been able to contact him. God literally answered my prayer. :D
That's amazing Neonap! As Accepted just asked, I wonder also how the conversation went? I'll bet your father was so surprised and pleased to hear from you!!! :)

Neonap

I knew He would!! How did the conversation go?

God is amazing, I literally almost gave up in despair but it just so happened that one of the numbers that I texted was my dad's. My dad was shocked, and I ended up breaking down telling him that I missed them all and I'm so glad that I finally got in contact with him. I told him that I was moving to Florida, and he only lives an hour away.

The conversation was great and hopefully God let's us move to Springhill and I can start spending time with my dad and co more often.

Accepted

God is amazing, I literally almost gave up in despair but it just so happened that one of the numbers that I texted was my dad's. My dad was shocked, and I ended up breaking down telling him that I missed them all and I'm so glad that I finally got in contact with him. I told him that I was moving to Florida, and he only lives an hour away.

The conversation was great and hopefully God let's us move to Springhill and I can start spending time with my dad and co more often.
Thank You Jesus! \o/

Leigh

That is so awesome Neonap! Thank You Lord for bringing family together in this unexpected way!!
I can't even imagine how happy your father must be feeling right now! :cloud9

Neonap

That is so awesome Neonap! Thank You Lord for bringing family together in this unexpected way!!
I can't even imagine how happy your father must be feeling right now! :cloud9

Lol my dad had actually told me that two days ago, my brother was thinking about me and how he missed me and wished to talk to me again. God works in mysterious ways for sure. Yeah my dad and everyone over there must be happy right about now. Haha

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
This situa
I plan on calling him, to see if I can come over. Then when I'm there, I'll apologize to not only my father, but my step mother as well since I had caused her great pain and my brother/sisters for not keeping in touch with them for so long. The problem is, my step dad and my side of my family do not like my father. They have their reasons but they hold resentment within their hearts.

I know if I tried to contact them, my step dad would not be to happy. Their reasons are not totally wrong but the past is the past. If God was the type to hold our past against us, then who could be forgiven? Just like God has forgiven me, and has been patient with me, likewise I want to as well.

I definitely do know my limits, so reaching beyond what I can reach is not an option lol, even if it's a simple job, then at the very least I can help my family out and what have you. Thank you for such encouraging words, and for helping me with ideas and whatnot.

I'll definitely keep all of you updated regarding the moving part, my dad and co, and job as well. I also gotta pray more and get closer to God as well.

A Pastor at your church when you get to Florida should be able to help, and keep what you talk to him about private/secret from everyone else in the family. It's part of being a Pastor. The two pieces of the family may never reconcile in this life, but there is reconcilliation in Christ for the next.

Pray and wait on The Lord. His time, not ours. Don't rush since you know it'll make some part of your family uncomfirtable/angry. Wait until the time, place, and situation are right.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

EDITED TO ADD: Guess it was The Lord's time, already!

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Last edited:

Neonap

This situa

A Pastor at your church when you get to Florida should be able to help, and keep what you talk to him about private/secret from everyone else in the family. It's part of being a Pastor. The two pieces of the family may never reconcile in this life, but there is reconcilliation in Christ for the next.

Pray and wait on The Lord. His time, not ours. Don't rush since you know it'll make some part of your family uncomfirtable/angry. Wait until the time, place, and situation are right.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

EDITED TO ADD: Guess it was The Lord's time, already!

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

God's timing is always best, all that's left is to get that house in Springhill and then think can move on from there. My dad actually told me that he is willing to drive that hour so I can come visit more often.

Eventually I gotta break the news to my family and by God's Grace, He will soften the hearts of my family members and let me go visit without any problems. I'm sure things will turn out good.