I'm not 100% in...

Steve53

This scripture, Jeremiah 29:13, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart” says that if you earnestly search after God you will find Him
Awesome verse.

You can't fool God with an ulterior motive.

The above verse is a certainty, a promise God made to all who seek Him.

God will reveal Himself in a manner perhaps known only between you and God, Daniel.

Whatever it may be, it might not necessarily be public. Yet God will manifest Himself in some fashion that you will find to be undeniable - but - only if you are sincere.

Brother Albert R.

The first case of really useful "bloatware".
Is this what you mean DanLMP...
Software bloat is a process whereby successive versions of a computer program become perceptibly slower, use more memory, disk space or processing power, or have higher hardware requirements than the previous version—whilst making only dubious user-perceptible improvements or suffering from feature creep.

DanLMP

Is this what you mean DanLMP...
Software bloat is a process whereby successive versions of a computer program become perceptibly slower, use more memory, disk space or processing power, or have higher hardware requirements than the previous version—whilst making only dubious user-perceptible improvements or suffering from feature creep.
Okay, but I was going for the more generic "software preinstalled on a system by the manufacturer".

The idea being that God preinstalled some of His characteristics into us so that we could operate properly. Useful bloatware.

Danielson

Hi and thank you for sending me those links. Sorry I didn't reply back before now. I seem to always carry a battle within myself. Some days I'm fully focused and others I'm completely lost. With the world on lockdown I've really been trying to keep my eyes on God. Something is brewing and I think God is making a few moves. Thank you for your reply and time. All the best to you.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
In case you'e still there and still seaching... besides the excellent book recommended by Batfan7 (Lee Strobel's Case for Christ), there's Josh McDowell's book, New Evidence that Demands a Vedict (two volumes in one).

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16, KJV

There is nothing I need to do to be forgiven and obtain eternal life (instead of eternal death in hell), except believe Jesus Christ, as God's Son, died for me and paid the price (debt) for all of my sins that I have ever committed and will ever commit. Since Jesus' atoning death is sufficient, I don't have to do anything else. The Bible simply says "believe." It's not Jesus plus anything else, because then some of the glory would go to man (what a presumption!) and all of the glory is to go to God. God did it all for us and we do not presume to "help" though works or penence, or anything else. God attributes Jesus Christ's righteousness and perfection to us (imputes) when we believe. It's like someone paying a traffic ticket for me. I may have committed the violation, but the fine has been paid, so I go free. In gratitude, then, I should drive more carefully and try not to commit the violation again. That doesn't mean my driving is pefect, just that I try to do what is right, in accordance with the rules. In the same way, we try to live our lives like God wants us to, in accordance with His Word (the Bible), undestanding that we won't do it perfectly. This is not woks to obtain salvation. Rather this is how we act in gratitude for the mercy (grace) that God has shown us.

So.... we are saved by what is in Scripture alone, by faith alone, by God's grace alone, through Jesus Christ alone, to God alone be the glory!

God loved me so much that even I had been the only one ever to sin, He still would have sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die in my place!

:pray :pray :amen :amen

:armor :pray :bible :pray :amen :knight

:bible Ephesians 6:10-20

TimothyK

Hi and thank you for sending me those links. Sorry I didn't reply back before now. I seem to always carry a battle within myself. Some days I'm fully focused and others I'm completely lost. With the world on lockdown I've really been trying to keep my eyes on God. Something is brewing and I think God is making a few moves. Thank you for your reply and time. All the best to you.
Hey Dan.

I'd say based on your first post a while back, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of God's will and the big mess we're in as a result of our forerunners and ourselves. Once sin has entered this world there's no fix but for Christ and it's God's will at this point to catch up as much of the world as would have Him. The bad things that happen between now and the time we're united with our Lord Jesus isn't 'planned'.

There's no overarching blueprint to the sin fallen reality we live in. God didn't make it that way. It was never His intention that we suffer. We (and Satan) brought that on ourselves long ago. Along the line came you and me and it's just the life we have as a result of existing. Awful things happen because of sin. Sin fallen creation, bunch of sinners that we are, an angry and bitter fallen angel and his friends more cunning and more predatory than we can imagine make for our station and present situation.

When you look around you and see all these awful things happen, it's to God that you should seek shelter and comfort. God has laid out how this is going to pan out and how it will end. It's for our sake, all of mankind, that He should be patient. For the unrepentant and the unsaved. The interim, this Age of Grace is also going to be filled with the countless tragedies of everyday life in a sin fallen world. When we sin, we suffer.

When we don't sin, we're deluding ourselves. Yet God is our advocate, eager to forgive and not to punish. Bad things don't always happen as a direct result personal sin. Some people seem to get away with their sin in an earthly sense! So much that even the prophets complained. But God patient and nothing can be hidden from Him. And He'll give what is due to each one.

When a child senselessly dies one might ask "what negligence brought this on?" The parents? A doctors incompetence? Perhaps. God knows. More often then not however death is simply indiscriminate and the sin fallen creation breeds it in abundance. It was never God's plan that it should be this way. That children should die and that we should suffer miserably under the sun. It was always God's plan rather to rescue us from the folly of our ruin, us and all of creation that we should be reconciled to Him by Christ Jesus.

In short when you read the news and see the latest miseries and troubles, that's not 'planned' by God. It's not His will. If the world as a whole even attempted to obey God's will we'd see a utopia the world has never known! Rather most of the things happening in the world are wickedly evil and the Bible tells us it's only going to get worse. God will certainly judge it in time.

God can and certainly does use bad actors that He might work His will. But that's just the world spinning on its crooked axis. We'll only see a better world when Christ Himself comes down here. Sin fallen people, in a sin fallen world, under the influence of this worlds current god. The prince of the air, herding his cats and setting the stage for his power play.

Dan, if nothing else I hope you can understand that God didn't make it this way. I hope if you've fallen out of fellowship with our Heavenly Father that you might return in prayer. God bless you.

TimothyK

I want to elaborate further because it is a difficult subject.

It's a difficult thing to understand from our perspective as people, the created, but God is omnipotent. God can set a course and know how it will happen whether that be according to His will or otherwise. God set a better course for Creation but we ended up deviating from that course. God knew that would happen and where it would go. He did not plan for it to be that way. It did not have to happen the way that it did. But He knew it would turn out that way. God knows what place we'd be in if our progenitors obeyed Him.

This is where the agency of free will comes in. Adam and Eve had choices. Today we have choices, chief of which is what we'll do with the offer of salvation given to us by God in His son Jesus Christ. God knows what we'll do. We can know what we'll do by our choosing. No one else can. God's will is that all will turn from sin and repent and have salvation. God's gift to the entire world was Jesus Christ, that all might be saved. Yet not all will be saved because they'll choose not to be saved.

It boils down to agency on a personal level. We can choose. And God's angels rejoice when one of us crosses that bridge, separation from God to reconciliation with Him. As we're not omnipotent ourselves however, we have no idea how life is going to pan out. It's generally chaos. We can only trust in Christ who we give ourselves to in faith. As miserable as this life can be, there are better times as well.

Most of the time the answer to "Why did God make it this way?" tends to be "He didn't! We mucked it up!" and we go to "Well, I didn't muck it up! Where's my choice?" to which "You do! What will you do with the gift of salvation?" we come full circle. The interim, the world we live in and our life is simply happenstance. Our parents copulated, we happened, and these are the circumstances. The greater value of our life is determined by God, our existence and His will is to bring us into the fold of His kingdom, even to make us His very own children. And it so happens that here we are at just this time.