I'm not 100% in...

Danielson

Whenever I begin to have that nagging doubt, I force myself...yes, I forced myself to remember 3 things...
1. Jesus is a historical person whose birth, our calendar is based upon. (He is God the Son, born in Bethlehem aprox. 2019 years ago)
2. The more I understand the laws of nature in regards to science, it blows me away to see that it all points to a designer. (Not Evolution)
3. I have my own personal testimonies...every single time a prayer of mine has been answered. Satan would like me to forget, but I refuse to forget my prayers that have been answered. Not always as I expected, but answered in such a way that I know it was God who brought it about.

I hope this helps,
God bless,
Brother ALbert
Definitely a positive way of looking at things and strengthening your faith. I'm not there yet but I pray I will be.

billy swinea

WAITING ON JESUS
DAN I AM JUST AN OLD ARKANSAS MAN! GOD HAS BLESSED ME GREATLY IN MY LIFE! FATHER GOD IS READY TO BLESS YOU TOO! HAVE YOU EVER WALKED OUT IN THE WOODS ALONE? MOTHER NATURE IS NOT THERE BUT ALMIGHTY GOD IS! YOU CAN FEEL THE PEACE! PEACE IS WHAT GOD IS OFFERING YOU WHEN YOU ASK HIM TO SAVE YOUR SOUL. GOD IS PURE LOVE! HE IS HOLY SPIRIT! HE IS EVERYWHERE! HE SEE'S EVERYTHING! HE SEE'S EVERYTHING! WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY. BUT HE SHOW'S ENOUGH OF HIMSELF FOR!! US TO BELIEVE TOTALY IN HIM! I KNOW THAT FATHER GOD IS REAL! THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH AND GIVEN TO US TO SEE GOD! I PRAY THAT YOU WILL SEE THIS TRUTH! THE HOLY SPIRIT IS URGING YOU TO ASK FOR THIS FREE GIFT OF SALVATION! satin IS TELLING YOU THAT IT IS ALL LIES. satin DON'T WANT YOU TO GET SAVED! he IS LAUGHING AT YOU RIGHT NOW. he IS A GREAT DECIEVER! ROMANS 6-23 TELLS YOU ABOUT THIS FREE GIFT! IT SAYS FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD. DO YOU WANT THIS GIFT? ROMANS 10-9 SAYS THAT IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH THE LORD JESUS AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD YOU WILL BE SAVED! SIMPLE !! YOU SAID IN YOUR POST ABOUT CHILDREN DIEING AND OTHER BAD THINGS HAPPENING! WELL MY DAUGHTER CAROL ANN WENT TO HEAVEN IN 1989 ON JUNE 29. SHE WAS 17 YEARS OLD! I DON'T HATE GOD FOR THAT. I DREW CLOSER TO GOD! I LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL OF MY NINE MIL. AND THOUGHT OF CAROL. THEN MY FAMILY THAT WAS LEFT! I COULDN'T DO THAT TO MY WIFE AND MY OTHER KIDS! I SOLD THAT GUN THE NEXT DAY! I HAVE PEACE IN MY HEART! YOU CAN HAVE THAT PEACE TOO. FATHER GOD LOVES YOU! YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS COMING TO GET ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM ONE OF THESE DAYS! IT'S HEAVEN FOR ME! WON'T YOU JOIN US IN HEAVEN? BILLY.

RestInHim

Thank you for your response. There's like a deep seeded piece inside of me that won't release all the questions and issues I see in my day to day life. I pray I can eventually let my guard down and find peace.
First, I want to say that I am glad you have come back to the Forum here and still have questions, even if it means you have "a lot of them" and they seem to overwhelm you in your day to day life.
Even as believers\followers of Jesus Christ, we all have questions, we all are looking to God our Heavenly Father for the answers we need to live our lives. We also have the same struggles, heartaches, sufferings, hurts and hatred for evil. The Bible reveals to us who God is and who we are as His creation and His love for us and His plan for us, to give us a better life, to give us hope. You see, it was God's fallen angels (Satan) that turned from Him and tempted Adam and Even in the garden of Eden and still to this day continues to do so. There is a spiritual battle of good and bad over the souls of man, of every human being, man, woman and child. Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy people's lives so that they will not have the hope of one day living eternally with God where there is no "sin", no suffering, no heartache.

It is good for you to be searching and if I may say Danielson, the lack of peace, the anger and all the negative feelings, they are not necessarily bad, they are an indication that something is not o.k.??? We can look to this world and all that is in it, we can look for peace in our lives through work, financial status, relationships, amusements, but, we will come out empty. We are all looking for the One who will give us PEACE and He is the One who created us and the One who has given us His Son as a ransom for our SIN, for your sin, for the sin of the entire world. The very sin that we hate when we see all the suffering that surrounds us and the suffering that touches our lives and the lives of those we love.

We need to come to a place were we see our own sin and not just the sin/evil that is affecting us and or surrounding us. The Bible tells us that ALL of us have sinned (Rom. 3: 23-24), we are all sinners and going back to the topic of Satan, he is doing a good job trying to deceive people into believing otherwise. (2 Cor. 4: 4).

BUT, read the rest of Rom. 3: 23-24... it says: "and ALL are justified FREELY by His GRACE through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

HOW? How do we inherit eternal life? How are we rescued from our sin and the sin of this world and from the grip of Satan?

THIS IS HOW... "Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus and you (Danielson) WILL BE SAVED, you and your household."

It is a simple act of FAITH/TRUST in the Son of God who has never forsaken His plan to offer a plan of salvation for us, He is a loving God who gave free will to Adam and Eve and to every human since then whom He has given life to and the life He offers to ALL who will come to Him is eternal life where there will be no more sin, no more pain and suffering, no more evil. This world is not our home and it is marked with great suffering, which non of us is immune to. God's Holy Word is alive and active, (Heb. 4: 12) it is the very breath of God, spoken to us so that we see who we are.. sinners, it judges us, but, it also gives us life through the redemption of Jesus Christ! He is our HOPE, there is HOPE in no other. We are not without HOPE.

HOPE, is found in the promises of God has given to those who place their faith in Him. Promises from freedom from sin. This hope is through the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ and in this HOPE we find strength through Him, through His Word as we face the many difficult times of trials and temptations in our life.

Romans 3:23-24 New International Version (NIV)
" for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified FREELY by His GRACE through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

2 Corinthians 4:4 New Living Translation (NLT)
"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God."

1 Peter 1:3-6
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Our FAITH can be misplaced, it can be placed in ourselves, what we believe to be right, what we want it to be, it could be placed in so many wrong places, in our parents, spouses, friends, happiness, health, wealth. The Bible tells us that we know that there is a Creator and that we are without excuse if we do not "repent" "turn" to Him and place our FAITH in Him.

The Apostle Paul said in Romans 1

"
I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed— a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.|"

My husband and I have 3 grown boys now, but, when they we're young we wanted what was good and best for them. To do that we taught them what was good and what was bad, but, as parents we also teach them to make the right choices. This is "free will". They had the choice to make the good or right choice and in so doing they would either do good or they would suffer the consequences of their choices. Our Heavenly Father gives this same "free will choice" to ALL of mankind, every single one of us. That is LOVE. If we choose to not place our faith in Him because we are sinners in need of being saved we will suffer the consequence of this choice, that being we will not inherit eternal life with Him in Heaven, but, we will inherit eternal life in hell. It is a choice and sadly this choice can cause us to question the goodness of God, but, I believe it should cause us to question our own sinful nature because ALL the sin we see and experience in our lives is not from Him, but, from our own "free will choice(s)".

Once we "repent" which means we agree with Him that we are sinners and in need of salvation and accept His free gift of "salvation" through His Son Jesus Christ, He then comes to live in us and begins to work out a process of change in our lives so that we become more like Him. This change is done through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is the One who changes us as we continue to place our faith in Him.

It is hard to come to a place where we see ourselves as sinners, it is hard to see our loved one's, our parents, adult children reject the love of God and go on living in sin, lost and if they do not "repent" they will inherit eternal life in hell. Many of us here are facing these situations in our own lives with lost loved one's, only to have to trust God through His Word, through His love that He is not wanting any to perish, but for all to come to faith.

2 Peter 3:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

In Jeremiah 29 we read:
Jeremiah the prophet wrote to all the people who were carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar.

(vv. 5-14)
" Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit. Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters—that you may be increased there, and not diminished. And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace. For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the Lord.
For thus says the Lord: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive."

All of mankind suffers the consequences of SIN. We suffer the consequences of our own sin and the consequences of the sin of others.

Here you see how God gives them direction on how to live their life. To TRUST Him, to seek peace even when He had caused them to be carried away captive and He tells them to pray to the Lord for it, for in it's peace you will have peace.

Also, He warns them not to put their trust in their prophets and diviners in their midst because they deceive them and to listen to their dreams.

We are not to trust in any other god, person or ourselves, but to trust in Him only for He is our peace.

You then see how after seventy years are completed at Babylon, He will visit them and perform His good word toward them and cause them to return to this place.

He then says: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I WILL LISTEN to you. AND YOU WILL SEEK ME AND FIND ME, WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART. I WILL BE FOUND BY YOU, SAYS THE LORD, AND I WILL BRING YOU BACK FORM YOUR CAPTIVITY; I WILL GATHER YOU FROM ALL THE NATIONS AND FROM ALL THE PLACES WHERE I HAVE DRIVEN YOU, SAYS THE LORD, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO THE PLACE FROM WHICH I CAUSE YOU TO BE CARRIED AWAY CAPTIVE."

We see here the promises of God, promises that God will do for those who place their faith in Him, but, first we must all come to a place of complete surrender of our own will, come to a place of complete realization that we are sinners and in need of a Savior and "repent", "trust" Him and His work on the Cross, Jesus paid the price for our sin at Calvary and we need only to TRUST that and we will be given His peace and Hope.

:pray:hug

Last edited:

billy swinea

WAITING ON JESUS
First, I want to say that I am glad you have come back to the Forum here and still have questions, even if it means you have "a lot of them" and they seem to overwhelm you in your day to day life.
Even as believers\followers of Jesus Christ, we all have questions, we all are looking to God our Heavenly Father for the answers we need to live our lives. We also have the same struggles, heartaches, sufferings, hurts and hatred for evil. The Bible reveals to us who God is and who we are as His creation and His love for us and His plan for us, to give us a better life, to give us hope. You see, it was God's fallen angels (Satan) that turned from Him and tempted Adam and Even in the garden of Eden and still to this day continues to do so. There is a spiritual battle of good and bad over the souls of man, of every human being, man, woman and child. Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy people's lives so that they will not have the hope of one day living eternally with God where there is no "sin", no suffering, no heartache.

It is good for you to be searching and if I may say Danielson, the lack of peace, the anger and all the negative feelings, they are not necessarily bad, they are an indication that something is not o.k.??? We can look to this world and all that is in it, we can look for peace in our lives through work, financial status, relationships, amusements, but, we will come out empty. We are all looking for the One who will give us PEACE and He is the One who created us and the One who has given us His Son as a ransom for our SIN, for your sin, for the sin of the entire world. The very sin that we hate when we see all the suffering that surrounds us and the suffering that touches our lives and the lives of those we love.

We need to come to a place were we see our own sin and not just the sin/evil that is affecting us and or surrounding us. The Bible tells us that ALL of us have sinned (Rom. 3: 23-24), we are all sinners and going back to the topic of Satan, he is doing a good job trying to deceive people into believing otherwise. (2 Cor. 4: 4).

BUT, read the rest of Rom. 3: 23-24... it says: "and ALL are justified FREELY by His GRACE through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

HOW? How do we inherit eternal life? How are we rescued from our sin and the sin of this world and from the grip of Satan?

THIS IS HOW... "Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus and you (Danielson) WILL BE SAVED, you and your household."

It is a simple act of FAITH/TRUST in the Son of God who has never forsaken His plan to offer a plan of salvation for us, He is a loving God who gave free will to Adam and Eve and to every human since then whom He has given life to and the life He offers to ALL who will come to Him is eternal life where there will be no more sin, no more pain and suffering, no more evil. This world is not our home and it is marked with great suffering, which non of us is immune to. God's Holy Word is alive and active, (Heb. 4: 12) it is the very breath of God, spoken to us so that we see who we are.. sinners, it judges us, but, it also gives us life through the redemption of Jesus Christ! He is our HOPE, there is HOPE in no other. We are not without HOPE.

HOPE, is found in the promises of God has given to those who place their faith in Him. Promises from freedom from sin. This hope is through the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ and in this HOPE we find strength through Him, through His Word as we face the many difficult times of trials and temptations in our life.

Romans 3:23-24 New International Version (NIV)
" for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified FREELY by His GRACE through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

2 Corinthians 4:4 New Living Translation (NLT)
"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God."

1 Peter 1:3-6
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Our FAITH can be misplaced, it can be placed in ourselves, what we believe to be right, what we want it to be, it could be placed in so many wrong places, in our parents, spouses, friends, happiness, health, wealth. The Bible tells us that we know that there is a Creator and that we are without excuse if we do not "repent" "turn" to Him and place our FAITH in Him.

The Apostle Paul said in Romans 1

"
I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed— a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.|"

My husband and I have 3 grown boys now, but, when they we're young we wanted what was good and best for them. To do that we taught them what was good and what was bad, but, as parents we also teach them to make the right choices. This is "free will". They had the choice to make the good or right choice and in so doing they would either do good or they would suffer the consequences of their choices. Our Heavenly Father gives this same "free will choice" to ALL of mankind, every single one of us. That is LOVE. If we choose to not place our faith in Him because we are sinners in need of being saved we will suffer the consequence of this choice, that being we will not inherit eternal life with Him in Heaven, but, we will inherit eternal life in hell. It is a choice and sadly this choice can cause us to question the goodness of God, but, I believe it should cause us to question our own sinful nature because ALL the sin we see and experience in our lives is not from Him, but, from our own "free will choice(s)".

Once we "repent" which means we agree with Him that we are sinners and in need of salvation and accept His free gift of "salvation" through His Son Jesus Christ, He then comes to live in us and begins to work out a process of change in our lives so that we become more like Him. This change is done through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is the One who changes us as we continue to place our faith in Him.

It is hard to come to a place where we see ourselves as sinners, it is hard to see our loved one's, our parents, adult children reject the love of God and go on living in sin, lost and if they do not "repent" they will inherit eternal life in hell. Many of us here are facing these situations in our own lives with lost loved one's, only to have to trust God through His Word, through His love that He is not wanting any to perish, but for all to come to faith.

2 Peter 3:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

In Jeremiah 29 we read:
Jeremiah the prophet wrote to all the people who were carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar.

(vv. 5-14)
" Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit. Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters—that you may be increased there, and not diminished. And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace. For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the Lord.
For thus says the Lord: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive."

All of mankind suffers the consequences of SIN. We suffer the consequences of our own sin and the consequences of the sin of others.

Here you see how God gives them direction on how to live their life. To TRUST Him, to seek peace even when He had caused them to be carried away captive and He tells them to pray to the Lord for it, for in it's peace you will have peace.

Also, He warns them not to put their trust in their prophets and diviners in their midst because they deceive them and to listen to their dreams.

We are not to trust in any other god, person or ourselves, but to trust in Him only for He is our peace.

You then see how after seventy years are completed at Babylon, He will visit them and perform His good word toward them and cause them to return to this place.

He then says: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I WILL LISTEN to you. AND YOU WILL SEEK ME AND FIND ME, WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART. I WILL BE FOUND BY YOU, SAYS THE LORD, AND I WILL BRING YOU BACK FORM YOUR CAPTIVITY; I WILL GATHER YOU FROM ALL THE NATIONS AND FROM ALL THE PLACES WHERE I HAVE DRIVEN YOU, SAYS THE LORD, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO THE PLACE FROM WHICH I CAUSE YOU TO BE CARRIED AWAY CAPTIVE."

We see here the promises of God, promises that God will do for those who place their faith in Him, but, first we must all come to a place of complete surrender of our own will, come to a place of complete realization that we are sinners and in need of a Savior and "repent", "trust" Him and His work on the Cross, Jesus paid the price for our sin at Calvary and we need only to TRUST that and we will be given His peace and Hope.

:pray:hug
SWEET SISTER THAT WAS GREAT!! I PRAY OLD DAN SEE'S THE TRUTH!

billy swinea

WAITING ON JESUS
HAY BROTHER DAN HOW ARE YOU? YOUR PIC LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE AROUND HERE. THEY ARE ALL UPSET DEER SEASON IS OVER. I AM LEGALLY BLIND SO IT DON'T BOTHER ME TO MUCH! I AM PRAYING THAT YOU WILL REALIZE THAT ALMIGHTY GOD IS CALLING YOU TO HIM. IF HE AIN'T I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU IN HEAVEN WHERE I WILL HAVE PERFECT VISION AND A BODY LIKE JESUS! PRAYING FOR YOU BROTHER IN JESUS MOST HOLY NAME! billy

RestInHim

Continuing to pray for you Danielson:hat and for your family, that God would reveal Himself to you and that you would continue to seek Him and search for Him with all your heart, soul and mind! He truly does love you.

Do you have a Bible Danielson? If you do, do you mind if I suggest reading the book of John, perhaps you already are. The Bible tells us that His word is alive and active (Hebrews 4: 12) and in (2 Timothy 3: 16-17) it says: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ" (Romans 10: 17)

I was thinking on some Scripture in Romans 5 and would love to share it here with you...

Romans 5: 1-11

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."

God is offering you the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ! He really does want to give you an everlasting peace and joy and hope. A HOPE that does not disappoint/or put us to shame as it says above in Romans.

Lynn

God is offering you the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ! He really does want to give you an everlasting peace and joy and hope. A HOPE that does not disappoint/or put us to shame as it says above in Romans.
Excellent post, RestInHim! So beautifully written!
Also, Danielson, if you read Hebrews, all of chapter 1, you will see Who holds the world together by the word of His power (you've probably heard it referred to as nuclear fusion).
Also, you will see words describing the winding down or decay of our world.
(This is commonly known as the second law of thermodynamics)

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
Hello folks, I've posted on here a few times in the past and I've always enjoyed reading everybody's insight and kindness. I'm in a place in my life that I can't shake or figure out. I desperately want to believe and feel that God is real and there for me but I...just don't.
I'm having a real hard time believing he exists for starters and I question why so many horrible things happen in this world, how could he let that be or plan for it that way?
It just doesn't add up for me. I want it to. I even pray (even though that has slowed a lot). I look at people that lose a child, and it happened in some fluke way and ask....why? What the hell was the point of this child dying and leaving their parents so broken that they want to die as well? What's the big picture? I don't think there is one.
I wish I could find an easy answer. I applaud those that have unwavering faith. Maybe I'll get there someday but I can't overlook the massive plot holes in the world and just simply say..."thats the way God made it".

I apologise if this is a jumbled mess to read or follow. I'm just a normal guy that is desperate to find his way before its to late. I hope I can.

Best wishes to you all.
Dan
I suppose the first step is to realize the deepness and gravity of one's sinfulness and then seek a Savior from that condition. I found that Savior in the God/man dying on a cross for those sins.

OnlyHim

Hello folks, I've posted on here a few times in the past and I've always enjoyed reading everybody's insight and kindness. I'm in a place in my life that I can't shake or figure out. I desperately want to believe and feel that God is real and there for me but I...just don't.
I'm having a real hard time believing he exists for starters and I question why so many horrible things happen in this world, how could he let that be or plan for it that way?
It just doesn't add up for me. I want it to. I even pray (even though that has slowed a lot). I look at people that lose a child, and it happened in some fluke way and ask....why? What the hell was the point of this child dying and leaving their parents so broken that they want to die as well? What's the big picture? I don't think there is one.
I wish I could find an easy answer. I applaud those that have unwavering faith. Maybe I'll get there someday but I can't overlook the massive plot holes in the world and just simply say..."thats the way God made it".

I apologise if this is a jumbled mess to read or follow. I'm just a normal guy that is desperate to find his way before its to late. I hope I can.

Best wishes to you all.
Dan
Dan, there are lots of statements and events in the Bible that I just don't understand...yet....and that is OK. I do know this, the fact that you are wrestling with this and reaching out is a really good sign that the Holy Spirit is working on you. So go to the mat with Jesus and wrestle with Him. Lay it all out to Him. Yell at Him, tell Him you don't get it, tell Him what doesn't make sense, pour out your frustrations and your desired. Then, most important, listen. Just sit there is total silence and wait and listen for Him to speak. He has big shoulders and is more than capable to handle us!

Remember the most important take-away from Gods word is that we sinned against our Creator and couldn't make that right with God. He sent His only Son to die on a cross for you and pay a price for something you had no ability to do on your own. Then He rose again from the grave and was seated on the right hand of the Father and is coming again. There is no commandment by God for us to know or understand everything in the Bible. Just believe that Jesus did something for us to reconcile our position with God that we could never do on our own.

moosejive

So, I came to choose Jesus because of apologetics. I read "a case for Christ", which was an atheist journey investigating whether the Bible and the resurrection were genuinely true or not. I read it and basically ended up thinking "Well, if it's true, I better do something about it."

And remember the man who came to Jesus and said, "Lord I believe. Help my unbelief." This isn't someone who felt confident in the faith they were offering God as something that was 'good enough', but was willing to offer it anyway. God will accept you as you are, if you come to him in honesty and a desire to become what He wants.
I am in agreement with BF7, that the books by Lee Strobel are very good for people who are seeking. C.S. Lewis was also an atheist who was won over by the love of Jesus. One of my favorite pictures is of Jesus knocking on a door without a way for Him to open it. It has to be opened by the person on the other side of the door. It is the picture of Him requesting entrance into our lives. He is not going to force anyone to open the door into their hearts for He is gentleman.

He knocked on the door to my heart for quite a while when I was seeking what is true. I couldn’t understand why people who were good, but not Christ believers would be denied entrance to Heaven. Reading books by others in the same position gradually showed me why Jesus is “the way, the truth and the life”

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to theFather except through me.

Nabeel Qureshi was a Muslim who came to Christianity and has 2 books about that journey. There are many seekers who have written about their journeys to find the one, true God that are helpful. May God guide you or bring people into your life that can help with discovering the depth of love that Jesus has for you. I still find it unbelievable He would go through an excruciating death on the cross for me and others. That is how much He wants us to come to and believe in Him. :hug