I'm not 100% in...

Danielson

Hello folks, I've posted on here a few times in the past and I've always enjoyed reading everybody's insight and kindness. I'm in a place in my life that I can't shake or figure out. I desperately want to believe and feel that God is real and there for me but I...just don't.
I'm having a real hard time believing he exists for starters and I question why so many horrible things happen in this world, how could he let that be or plan for it that way?
It just doesn't add up for me. I want it to. I even pray (even though that has slowed a lot). I look at people that lose a child, and it happened in some fluke way and ask....why? What the hell was the point of this child dying and leaving their parents so broken that they want to die as well? What's the big picture? I don't think there is one.
I wish I could find an easy answer. I applaud those that have unwavering faith. Maybe I'll get there someday but I can't overlook the massive plot holes in the world and just simply say..."thats the way God made it".

I apologise if this is a jumbled mess to read or follow. I'm just a normal guy that is desperate to find his way before its to late. I hope I can.

Best wishes to you all.
Dan

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Hi Dan.

I think many people have had these kinds of thoughts and they are valid questions to ask. I've shared something from the grace thru faith site below, which might be helpful for you to explore yourself.

I will say additionally that as a Christian, this is just not our home here....scripture says that Christians are like aliens or foreigners here on earth:

Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. 1 Peter 2:11

The way God intended things to be here on earth is not so any more because of how Satan undermined and deceived Adam and Eve but God has a place that is as He intended....in Heaven. Reserved for those who place their faith in Jesus Christ. This is why in Revelation 21:2-5 says:

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!”

This place is reserved in heaven to keep from what we are seeing in this world happening there. In addition all who want to enter must go through faith in Jesus Christ to cut away the sin nature, which has caused all of what we seen here on earth. That sin nature must be dealt with to keep our home in heaven the wonderful place that it is. Jesus point to this during his ministry here on earth:

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Matthew 6:19-21

The Apostles and Christians since Christ have fully expected and looked forward to what God has for those who have place their faith in Christ:

For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. Colossians 1:4-5

God has created another place that Christians will someday call home of which they are now citizens, the home that God intended:

But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control. Philippians 3:20-21

So, God has a wonderful place, a heavenly home and He sent His Son to invite all those of the World who wish to join Him in this wonderful place. He did all the work on the cross to open this place up to any who wants to come, through repentance (change of mind) of sin and accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This is the free ticket to heaven, offered to all the world:

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” Romans 10:9-11

When one becomes a child of God through faith in Jesus Christ, they immediately become a citizen of heaven and foreigners to this world. While we are here during our very short time here on earth we are faced with an important choice a choice that God desires for us to make for He does not want to see us destroyed:

The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 2 Peter 3:9-10

And that choice is to repent and place our faith in Jesus Christ. Because things will be destroyed as the previous passage speaks of, God invites all who will come to escape this destruction and instead find their true home in heaven with Him.

Then what we do during our short stay here on this temporary earth with affect forever our eternal future, first where we go and second our various earned rewards. So, don't focus only on this earth but remember that there's a destination God desires for all who respond to Him to arrive at. :)

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/why-bad-things-happen-to-good-people/

Recently in the news, we all heard of Steve Irwin’s (The Crocodile Hunter) death. This event has really been bothering me for some reason. What bothers me the most is why did he die? This man that has probably done nothing but good in this world. Now his wife is a widow, and his 2 children are fatherless. I just don’t understand. You see all these crazy, godless people running around this world, and nothing bad seems to happen to them (not that I wish it did). Why do bad things happen to people that do good things in their life?
My family and I are going through a lot ourselves. My husband has battled cancer, which disfigured his face. And our daughter is fighting for her life as well, from brain cancer. She is not even 3 years old yet, and we just don’t understand why these things have happened to us.
To get to the point, I think my issue is that I don’t know what happens after death, and that is what I am afraid of, the not knowing part. How do we know what to expect? What is the point of horrible things being allowed to happen to decent people? Is there any passage from the bible that can answer these type of questions?

A
I’d be the last to try and explain away the hurt and anguish you must feel with a handful of pat answers even if they are Bible verses. But I can offer some perspective.
The first thing to understand is that evil came into the world because of sin. God didn’t create things this way. Adam and Eve had been given authority over Earth, and as a consequence of their sin they lost control of Earth to Satan. Since then Satan’s been running things here. 1 John 5:19 says, “We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.”
When Satan took over, the world became infested with all kinds of evil including sickness and disease that afflict both good and bad people, although the Bible does say that there’s only One who is good, and that’s God. (Matt. 19:17). We’re all sinners and therefore all subject to the evil that abounds here. And let’s remember that God’s definition of good begins with accepting the death of Jesus as payment for our sins. It doesn’t matter what “good” we’ve done otherwise, without that we’re lost.
I don’t know if Steve Irwin had a relationship with Jesus or not, so I can’t say whether he was a “good” man or not. But either way, I do know that we can’t blame God for his death. It was a tragic accident, but he chose a high risk career and faced death frequently. He and his family accepted that risk in return for the fame and fortune they enjoyed. And if he was a believer, God never promised that believers would be immune from accidents or sickness or any of the other evils of this world. He only said that we should take heart because He’s overcome the world. (John 16:33) By that He meant that we will too.
It does often look as if evil is triumphing over good, but remember that’s only what we see here in this evil place. God has promised that evil men will be punished, and even though they only live for 70-80 years here, their punishment lasts forever. So they’ve traded 70 years of evil deeds for an eternity of punishment. Believers are told to focus on the things we can’t see (eternal life) instead of the things we can (the injustice of this world). (2 Corinthians 4:18) To me that’s our biggest challenge. We can only see the things that happen around us, so we form opinions based on that.
But God promises eternal life for those who believe, in a place where there is no more death or mourning or crying or pain. (Rev. 20:4) Following our short lives here, we get to live eternally there in days filled with happiness and joy. He hasn’t given us all the details because if we knew just how great it’s going to be then we’d be even more miserable here.
But he has said that “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2:9) Believers have nothing to fear in death. On the contrary we can view it as the entry way to eternal joy. Until then we can only have patience and faith. It won’t be long now.

Take care Danielson.....I'll be praying.

:pray

Goodboy

On my way up!
Why Does God Allow Evil?

As you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction regarding God, you may question if he even exists. I understand that, I also had a question before I was saved that kept me from believing in God or should I say the God of the bible. I did believe in a "Supreme being" though.

So let’s start with the idea of a Supreme being or let's just call him God. The bible tells us that we know there is a God because of creation, something I concluded by myself before I knew the bible verse just using logic.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Have you ever seen anything that was the slightest bit complex and thought to yourself, I wonder how that happened by itself. No, you would correctly assume someone or something created it right. If you saw something as simple as a coffee cup, you would think that someone created it. Well if you look at everything in the world including people that are complex, what created that complexity? Non believers might say "mother nature" or the newest term "the universe". Either way they are referring to something that has the intelligence to create things, which the bible refers to as God.

So as I said, I believed in a supreme being, but did not want to accept the title of God. The question I had that kept me from accepting the bible version of God, was the fact that his son had to die in order for him to forgive us. That did not make sense to me. There is a good answer for that and once that question was answered for me I could accept the God of the bible. So while your question may stop you from truly accepting the God of the bible, you should by logic accept the idea of a creator whatever you may call him or it. Suppose someone told you of an evil God which would explain all the evil in the world, would you believe in that God?

So hopefully you will agree with me that there is someone or something that created everything. If not, then there is no use in reading any further regarding what I am writing.

So the next question becomes, who or what created everything? Well the first part of acknowledging that there is a God only requires logic. The second part of believing the bible and accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior, requires both logic and faith. When we utilize logic we need proof of some sort, like the fact that creation requires a creator. Now proof can be something you can test yourself, evidence that you can see or collaborated information from reliable sources. So there is proof of the God of the bible, but you will need to research yourself to get that proof. I can tell you that there is proof, but that would mean you would have to trust and believe me.

Some things are obvious, like the fact that Jesus actually existed and called himself the son of God. Some say he was only a great man, but if he said he was God's son and wasn't, then he was at best a liar and at worst a crazy person. Yet time itself is based on Jesus Christ. It is now 2019 years after Jesus Christ. There are many prophetic truths in the bible that have come to pass over time. Something that has not yet come to pass and seemed impossible at the time the bible was written is the mark of the beast. Look at Revelation 13:16 and 13:17 in the King James Bible version below.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

A mark in their hand or forehead stated in Revelation 13:16? That was not possible at the time the bible was written, nor the ability to keep tract of everyone as implied in Revelation 13:17.

So logic can be used to verify and believe the past regarding the Christian bible, but what about the future. Remember I said you would need both logic and faith to accept the Bible. Well while logic will verify the past you will need faith to believe the future. You cannot verify future events like going to heaven when you die or are raptured. You need faith to believe future events based on the trust derived from proven past events. If you don't have faith in the future events spoken of in the bible, how can you believe that God loves you?

So I purposely kind of stopped at a point about God's love. That is because it is a very important point that helps to answer your question as to why "a loving God" would allow all the bad things to happen on earth. The short answer is that God created man and placed him in Paradise or perfection. Man (Adam) by disobedience chose imperfection. A loving God created a way through great sacrifice (Jesus death) for man to choose perfection. However, we are still currently in the imperfection Adam chose and will not get to perfection (Paradise) until we die or are raptured.

God did not cause the bad things that happen, we did by choosing imperfection. So the question isn't how could a loving God allow bad things to happen in this short life. The question should be, how could God not be loving when he sacrificed his only son so we could be in Paradise forever!

God Bless!!! :)
Goodboy

Last edited:
Hello folks, I've posted on here a few times in the past and I've always enjoyed reading everybody's insight and kindness. I'm in a place in my life that I can't shake or figure out. I desperately want to believe and feel that God is real and there for me but I...just don't.
I'm having a real hard time believing he exists for starters and I question why so many horrible things happen in this world, how could he let that be or plan for it that way?
It just doesn't add up for me. I want it to. I even pray (even though that has slowed a lot). I look at people that lose a child, and it happened in some fluke way and ask....why? What the hell was the point of this child dying and leaving their parents so broken that they want to die as well? What's the big picture? I don't think there is one.
I wish I could find an easy answer. I applaud those that have unwavering faith. Maybe I'll get there someday but I can't overlook the massive plot holes in the world and just simply say..."thats the way God made it".

I apologise if this is a jumbled mess to read or follow. I'm just a normal guy that is desperate to find his way before its to late. I hope I can.

Best wishes to you all.
Dan
Hello Dan.

What are you seeking? (Ponder that) Is it God, or satisfactory answers that may allow you to accept God? If it is not God, then you will place yourself as judge over Him. That's not a good place to be, better off walking away.

I would suggest to implement what Christ says into your life. Not what some pastor says, not even what I say. It is Christ, and you, no one else matters in that regard.

A for instance, these back stabbing bastards I have to deal with every day, why should I love them? You have to live that question, mouthing answers simply will not do.

I think many questions are answered this way. Not that you will approve of what you will find, but that you will live the difficulty of loving those who may hate you, and see why it is something you need to do. How much do you allow for your need to learn, that you could be wrong?

For me and my life, I have found my ignorance of who God is, the limitations of my own greatness, all point to me just not understanding life, not understanding God.
I can think of ten ways I can do better than God.....but am I correct?

In the end, we either think we stand above God and are able to critique Him, righteously even, or we just conclude that no matter what, God is true and will always do the right thing, even if I don't understand.

I have discovered the latter is true for me.

That may not fully answer the why for you, but independent creatures must choose their path, God laid out the path, and clearly choose for men and angels to have ability to oppose Him, to critique God and what He has done down here.

Can you, in your extremely limited knowledge, judge correctly?

I have concluded I cannot. Doesn't mean I always like it.

Danielson

Hi Dan.

I think many people have had these kinds of thoughts and they are valid questions to ask. I've shared something from the grace thru faith site below, which might be helpful for you to explore yourself.

I will say additionally that as a Christian, this is just not our home here....scripture says that Christians are like aliens or foreigners here on earth:

Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. 1 Peter 2:11

The way God intended things to be here on earth is not so any more because of how Satan undermined and deceived Adam and Eve but God has a place that is as He intended....in Heaven. Reserved for those who place their faith in Jesus Christ. This is why in Revelation 21:2-5 says:

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

This place is reserved in heaven to keep from what we are seeing in this world happening there. In addition all who want to enter must go through faith in Jesus Christ to cut away the sin nature, which has caused all of what we seen here on earth. That sin nature must be dealt with to keep our home in heaven the wonderful place that it is. Jesus point to this during his ministry here on earth:

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Matthew 6:19-21

The Apostles and Christians since Christ have fully expected and looked forward to what God has for those who have place their faith in Christ:

For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. Colossians 1:4-5

God has created another place that Christians will someday call home of which they are now citizens, the home that God intended:

But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control. Philippians 3:20-21

So, God has a wonderful place, a heavenly home and He sent His Son to invite all those of the World who wish to join Him in this wonderful place. He did all the work on the cross to open this place up to any who wants to come, through repentance (change of mind) of sin and accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This is the free ticket to heaven, offered to all the world:

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” Romans 10:9-11

When one becomes a child of God through faith in Jesus Christ, they immediately become a citizen of heaven and foreigners to this world. While we are here during our very short time here on earth we are faced with an important choice a choice that God desires for us to make for He does not want to see us destroyed:

The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 2 Peter 3:9-10

And that choice is to repent and place our faith in Jesus Christ. Because things will be destroyed as the previous passage speaks of, God invites all who will come to escape this destruction and instead find their true home in heaven with Him.

Then what we do during our short stay here on this temporary earth with affect forever our eternal future, first where we go and second our various earned rewards. So, don't focus only on this earth but remember that there's a destination God desires for all who respond to Him to arrive at. :)

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/why-bad-things-happen-to-good-people/

Recently in the news, we all heard of Steve Irwin’s (The Crocodile Hunter) death. This event has really been bothering me for some reason. What bothers me the most is why did he die? This man that has probably done nothing but good in this world. Now his wife is a widow, and his 2 children are fatherless. I just don’t understand. You see all these crazy, godless people running around this world, and nothing bad seems to happen to them (not that I wish it did). Why do bad things happen to people that do good things in their life?
My family and I are going through a lot ourselves. My husband has battled cancer, which disfigured his face. And our daughter is fighting for her life as well, from brain cancer. She is not even 3 years old yet, and we just don’t understand why these things have happened to us.
To get to the point, I think my issue is that I don’t know what happens after death, and that is what I am afraid of, the not knowing part. How do we know what to expect? What is the point of horrible things being allowed to happen to decent people? Is there any passage from the bible that can answer these type of questions?

A
I’d be the last to try and explain away the hurt and anguish you must feel with a handful of pat answers even if they are Bible verses. But I can offer some perspective.
The first thing to understand is that evil came into the world because of sin. God didn’t create things this way. Adam and Eve had been given authority over Earth, and as a consequence of their sin they lost control of Earth to Satan. Since then Satan’s been running things here. 1 John 5:19 says, “We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.”
When Satan took over, the world became infested with all kinds of evil including sickness and disease that afflict both good and bad people, although the Bible does say that there’s only One who is good, and that’s God. (Matt. 19:17). We’re all sinners and therefore all subject to the evil that abounds here. And let’s remember that God’s definition of good begins with accepting the death of Jesus as payment for our sins. It doesn’t matter what “good” we’ve done otherwise, without that we’re lost.
I don’t know if Steve Irwin had a relationship with Jesus or not, so I can’t say whether he was a “good” man or not. But either way, I do know that we can’t blame God for his death. It was a tragic accident, but he chose a high risk career and faced death frequently. He and his family accepted that risk in return for the fame and fortune they enjoyed. And if he was a believer, God never promised that believers would be immune from accidents or sickness or any of the other evils of this world. He only said that we should take heart because He’s overcome the world. (John 16:33) By that He meant that we will too.
It does often look as if evil is triumphing over good, but remember that’s only what we see here in this evil place. God has promised that evil men will be punished, and even though they only live for 70-80 years here, their punishment lasts forever. So they’ve traded 70 years of evil deeds for an eternity of punishment. Believers are told to focus on the things we can’t see (eternal life) instead of the things we can (the injustice of this world). (2 Corinthians 4:18) To me that’s our biggest challenge. We can only see the things that happen around us, so we form opinions based on that.
But God promises eternal life for those who believe, in a place where there is no more death or mourning or crying or pain. (Rev. 20:4) Following our short lives here, we get to live eternally there in days filled with happiness and joy. He hasn’t given us all the details because if we knew just how great it’s going to be then we’d be even more miserable here.
But he has said that “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2:9) Believers have nothing to fear in death. On the contrary we can view it as the entry way to eternal joy. Until then we can only have patience and faith. It won’t be long now.

Thank you for your response

Danielson

Why Does God Allow Evil?

As you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction regarding God, you may question if he even exists. I understand that, I also had a question before I was saved that kept me from believing in God or should I say the God of the bible. I did believe in a "Supreme being" though.

So let’s start with the idea of a Supreme being or let's just call him God. The bible tells us that we know there is a God because of creation, something I concluded by myself before I knew the bible verse just using logic.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Have you ever seen anything that was the slightest bit complex and thought to yourself, I wonder how that happened by itself. No, you would correctly assume someone or something created it right. If you saw something as simple as a coffee cup, you would think that someone created it. Well if you look at everything in the world including people that are complex, what created that complexity? Non believers might say "mother nature" or the newest term "the universe". Either way they are referring to something that has the intelligence to create things, which the bible refers to as God.

So as I said, I believed in a supreme being, but did not want to accept the title of God. The question I had that kept me from accepting the bible version of God, was the fact that his son had to die in order for him to forgive us. That did not make sense to me. There is a good answer for that and once that question was answered for me I could accept the God of the bible. So while your question may stop you from truly accepting the God of the bible, you should by logic accept the idea of a creator whatever you may call him or it. Suppose someone told you of an evil God which would explain all the evil in the world, would you believe in that God?

So hopefully you will agree with me that there is someone or something that created everything. If not, then there is no use in reading any further regarding what I am writing.

So the next question becomes, who or what created everything? Well the first part of acknowledging that there is a God only requires logic. The second part of believing the bible and accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior, requires both logic and faith. When we utilize logic we need proof of some sort, like the fact that creation requires a creator. Now proof can be something you can test yourself, evidence that you can see or collaborated information from reliable sources. So there is proof of the God of the bible, but you will need to research yourself to get that proof. I can tell you that there is proof, but that would mean you would have to trust and believe me.

Some things are obvious, like the fact that Jesus actually existed and called himself the son of God. Some say he was only a great man, but if he said he was God's son and wasn't, then he was at best a liar and at worst a crazy person. Yet time itself is based on Jesus Christ. It is now 2019 years after Jesus Christ. There are many prophetic truths in the bible that have come to pass over time. Something that has not yet come to pass and seemed impossible at the time the bible was written is the mark of the beast. Look at Revelation 13:16 and 13:17 in the King James Bible version below.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

A mark in their hand or forehead stated in Revelation 13:16? That was not possible at the time the bible was written, nor the ability to keep tract of everyone as implied in Revelation 13:17.

So logic can be used to verify and believe the past regarding the Christian bible, but what about the future. Remember I said you would need both logic and faith to accept the Bible. Well while logic will verify the past you will need faith to believe the future. You cannot verify future events like going to heaven when you die or are raptured. You need faith to believe future events based on the trust derived from proven past events. If you don't have faith in the future events spoken of in the bible, how can you believe that God loves you?

So I purposely kind of stopped at a point about God's love. That is because it is a very important point that helps to answer your question as to why "a loving God" would allow all the bad things to happen on earth. The short answer is that God created man and placed him in Paradise or perfection. Man (Adam) by disobedience chose imperfection. A loving God created a way through great sacrifice (Jesus death) for man to choose perfection. However, we are still currently in the imperfection Adam chose and will not get to perfection (Paradise) until we die or are raptured.

God did not cause the bad things that happen, we did by choosing imperfection. So the question isn't how could a loving God allow bad things to happen in this short life. The question should be, how could God not be loving when he sacrificed his only son so we could be in Paradise forever!

God Bless!!! :)
Goodboy
Thank you for your response. There's like a deep seeded piece inside of me that won't release all the questions and issues I see in my day to day life. I pray I can eventually let my guard down and find peace.

Danielson

Hi Dan.

A

Thank you for sharing some of your personal life with me. I wish you and your family all the best.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Danielson, it is my pleasure, truly! Others in my life have taken time to share and take time with me of which I've been so thankful for. They did this out of Godly love and because they know that God deeply cares. To do the same with others is my pleasure and way to be thankful for that investment in my life. :)

There's something you might want to consider in all of your musings and searching with God. Remember that God is not your earthly father. While we respect our parents we must remember that God is not the distortion of a parent we may have grown up with (because of our fallen world and fallen nature). I say this not to start a blame cycle or disrespect towards parents (God knows, I'm an imperfect one myself) but to consider that how we see our earthly fathers (or even mothers) can really effect how we see God. The thing is, God is supremely different, whole, healthy and perfect as our Heavenly Father. And, He desires for all of us to move towards spiritual health as well.....mothers, fathers, sons and daughters as we move closer in relationship with Him.

So, you might consider thinking on how you are viewing God and ask yourself if perhaps this view may belong to what you experienced or didn't experience with your own father. Again, not to start a blame game but just to recognize what might be ticking in the background more personally for you in your wrestling with some things about God. You might consider praying and asking God to show you who He is as your Heavenly Father and let Him guide you in His Word to show you, little by little who He really is for you compared to what you may have lacked here on earth.

While we love our parents, God desires to be the Heavenly Father that fills our hearts to the fullest where our parents and frankly all of us just cannot do for others (while we may try our very best). If you prayerfully ask God to show you who He is as your Loving Heavenly Father in His Word....trust me, He will show you, causing His Word to seem to jump off the page in your mind and impressing upon you the truth of what you are reading.

The bible is your gateway to getting to know God and little by little receiving answers to the questions you have from God. I've been reading for a long time and I'm still getting answers from God. But, know this, God will give you the answers you best need for today. Pay attention to those answers, they will set the foundation to receive more answers in the future.

God loves you Danielson, He cares deeply and He compassionately understands the deepest questions and concerns of your heart.

The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
He will not constantly accuse us,
nor remain angry forever.
He does not punish us for all our sins;
he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.
Our days on earth are like grass;
like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone—
as though we had never been here.
But the love of the Lord remains forever
with those who fear him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
of those who are faithful to his covenant,
of those who obey his commandments!

Psalm 103:8-18

After supper he [Jesus] took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you. Luke 22:20

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Hebrews 8:10

You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:24

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15

Batfan7

So, I came to choose Jesus because of apologetics. I read "a case for Christ", which was an atheist journey investigating whether the Bible and the resurrection were genuinely true or not. I read it and basically ended up thinking "Well, if it's true, I better do something about it."

And remember the man who came to Jesus and said, "Lord I believe. Help my unbelief." This isn't someone who felt confident in the faith they were offering God as something that was 'good enough', but was willing to offer it anyway. God will accept you as you are, if you come to him in honesty and a desire to become what He wants.

Brother Albert R.

Interesting. Thank you for replying to me.
Whenever I begin to have that nagging doubt, I force myself...yes, I forced myself to remember 3 things...
1. Jesus is a historical person whose birth, our calendar is based upon. (He is God the Son, born in Bethlehem aprox. 2019 years ago)
2. The more I understand the laws of nature in regards to science, it blows me away to see that it all points to a designer. (Not Evolution)
3. I have my own personal testimonies...every single time a prayer of mine has been answered. Satan would like me to forget, but I refuse to forget my prayers that have been answered. Not always as I expected, but answered in such a way that I know it was God who brought it about.

I hope this helps,
God bless,
Brother ALbert

hopefilled

Hi Dan,
Very courageous of you to post!
I will pray for you - that God will guide you with His Spirit to find the answers you seek.
That you will come to know the truth...that you will indeed find that peace of mind, heart and spirit that you seek.
I asked Him when I was but 17yrs old to do just that.
He did indeed lead me to the truth....it was a journey over many years...I am now 42.

I know this much for certain Dan - God is so very faithful. He is indeed love. He is constant in His care for us and faithful to the promises He has made to us.

Ask Him to show you and help you to understand and believe....
He will indeed set up many " divine appointments" as I like to think of them.

People on this amazing site who can/ have share their own testimonies.....check out the many threads on the site on all manner of topics.
Ask for prayer support in the " spiritual communications" section.

The very fact you are here already is evidence that God is leading you to help you find Him and the answers you seek.

May God bless your desire and may He open your eyes to see, your ears to hear and your mind and heart to understand.

GotGrace

When I read the name “Danielson” I think of Daniel son and wax on wax off. (Karate Kid).

You have already received so much wisdom in the replies above there isn’t anything much I can add.

I will pray that you get to a point where you will trust him when nothing you can see or hear with earthly eyes and ears makes any sense. There have been times in my life I’ve come to the point that I have had to say through tears “I don’t understand this but I’m going to trust you anyway because of who you are.”