If you have this book, please...

Milly_Light

I would like to read Regions of captivity by Anna Mendez Ferrell. If anyone has a PDF version of it, I will give you my email so you can share with me. Thanks

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Ana Mendez Ferrell and her husband are part of the "New Apostolic Reformation" looking to reconstruct the church under super Apostles and Prophets....If you look on their website, she classes herself as an Apostle and Prophet and I have seen an article where her husband talks about being "born again is being baptised into the Godhead..." This isnt sound whatsoever ....nowhere in the Bible does it say being born again is being baptised into the Godhead .....

http://voiceofthelight.com/deliverance/being-born-again/

By all means please do have a look into this for yourself, but I personally would not take on board anything from them as everything they say would come under NAR teaching ....

https://on.votlm.com/

There are many threads on Apostacy in the Church about what the "Apostles and Prophets" are up to. The head ones are the likes of Che Ahn, Bill Johnson, Heidi Baker, Bill Hamon and many many more. They teach the seven mountain mandate and an "elite end times church." Some also teach no Antichrist and no Rapture.

You may not have heard of NAR - many havent heard of the phrase but may attend a church or follow a teacher who promotes its teachings.....

Here is a great article on NAR, a real eye opener ..

NAR continues to gobble up churches all over the world ...anything about "bringing heaven to earth", or "advancing the kingdom" and youve come across NAR teaching ...

https://cicministry.org/commentary/issue103.htm

Last edited:

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
I would like to read Regions of captivity by Anna Mendez Ferrell. If anyone has a PDF version of it, I will give you my email so you can share with me. Thanks
I am an author and what you are asking for is theft. Unless the book is no longer under copyright, or is free with written permission to share it, it is illegal to do so. I’m speaking up because I have lost thousands of dollars due to sharing. It isn’t a harmless crime. Please respect copyrights.
That aside, it sounds like a book you should run from.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Thank you all for your opinions. God bless you.

Please dont just take my word for it about NAR which is not just opinion but is sadly fact, it is everywhere and everyone should investigate it for themselves ....that article link is very informative about what it is and how NAR came about....The Mendez Ferrells and their talk of "heavens frequencies" are very similar to Bethel Redding and their book "Physics of Heaven" which seeks to find "precious truths in the New Age"...there are no truths in the new age which shows that Bethel should also be marked and avoided!!

If you compare what they teach to the full picture of the Bible then it becomes clear that it is not sound .... :hug :meet

Last edited:

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I am an author and what you are asking for is theft. Unless the book is no longer under copyright, or is free with written permission to share it, it is illegal to do so. I’m speaking up because I have lost thousands of dollars due to sharing. It isn’t a harmless crime. Please respect copyrights.
That aside, it sounds like a book you should run from.

I might be naive, but how is it any different from letting a friend borrow your copy of the physical book? The author doesn't see money either way, so why is one okay and one not?

FaithnHope

I might be naive, but how is it any different from letting a friend borrow your copy of the physical book? The author doesn't see money either way, so why is one okay and one not?
Technically, there is no difference. There is no way to clamp down on sharing but it wasn’t as common or easy as it is now. Digital is now a lot easier to track and theft is fined. Sharing is theft either way. I am not a copywrite lawyer, just an author who was ripped off by a store that gave my work away using digital copies. He bought one copy and sent it out to thousands of customers. That’s illegal.
@Milly_Light, what I’ve said isn’t an opinion, it’s the law. It’s theft whether you like it or not.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Technically, there is no difference. There is no way to clamp down on sharing but it wasn’t as common or easy as it is now. Digital is now a lot easier to track and theft is fined. Sharing is theft either way. I am not a copywrite lawyer, just an author who was ripped off by a store that gave my work away using digital copies. He bought one copy and sent it out to thousands of customers. That’s illegal.
@Milly_Light, what I’ve said isn’t an opinion, it’s the law. It’s theft whether you like it or not.

So you think it's theft if I let my friend borrow a physical book even?

Milly_Light

I personally feel you should forgive those who wronged you. I can't do anything about it. Thanks again for your opinion.

Milly_Light

I personally have conducted authors who were kind enough to share a book with me because I could not afford to buy. I share this as a testimony.

And I have considered @

Anewcreationinjesus advice. Thanks. I personally I'm growing in my walk with Christ and even though I have the gift of discernment of Spirits, I'm still learning on discerning different doctrines. I won't mind having someone who is matured spiritually to mentor me.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
I personally have conducted authors who were kind enough to share a book with me because I could not afford to buy. I share this as a testimony.

And I have considered @

Anewcreationinjesus advice. Thanks. I personally I'm growing in my walk with Christ and even though I have the gift of discernment of Spirits, I'm still learning on discerning different doctrines. I won't mind having someone who is matured spiritually to mentor me.

:hug Just hope the info Ive shared will encourage you to look into the "New Apostolic Reformation" for yourself ....have a dive into stuff on "apostasy in the church" as folks on there like Billiefan have been warning about this years and years!!

FaithnHope

And I have considered @

An author giving their own book away is completely different. It’s their property. I’ve done it myself many times. We are given extra copies just so we can. It’s a good way to establish a solid fan base.

Milly_Light

:hug Just hope the info Ive shared will encourage you to look into the "New Apostolic Reformation" for yourself ....have a dive into stuff on "apostasy in the church" as folks on there like Billiefan have been warning about this years and years!!

I won't do that now. I would prefer to just spent time reading the Bible and books from authors like Kenneth E Hagin and others because I want to have more knowledge.

(This is just general word) I feel we shouldn't run to label anyone as false prophet quickly. (I'm not defending anyone)

(Let me share how I personally know if a message or teaching is true or false) When someone preaches, I would suddenly feel fire in my heart and that is how I know God is speaking to me through someone.

And I also had a bad experience when I first got saved because I was in a church where the "servant of God" would preach and it left me feeling condemned and guilty. And that experience has helped me know the difference between something that is from God and which is not.

My original reason for borrowing the book is because I want to learn more about deliverance. And also because I want my parents and siblings to be saved and be filled with all the fullness of God according to Ephesians.

twerpv

It’s not theft to lend A (that’s one) book you own to a friend. It is theft to print COPIES (could be dozens, hundreds, thousands) of that book and send out to others.
For example, a library can buy a book and make it available to be checked out. One at a time. They cannot, however, make copies of that book for anyone to read. You have to wait to read it.
BTW, I’m not an author nor a copyright attorney.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

I don't think what you've said about sharing is completely right but I've always wondered about our library system. I don't think libraries pay a royalty fee every time a book or video or game is borrowed. Do they?

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
I won't do that now. I would prefer to just spent time reading the Bible and books from authors like Kenneth E Hagin and others because I want to have more knowledge.

(This is just general word) I feel we shouldn't run to label anyone as false prophet quickly. (I'm not defending anyone)

(Let me share how I personally know if a message or teaching is true or false) When someone preaches, I would suddenly feel fire in my heart and that is how I know God is speaking to me through someone.

And I also had a bad experience when I first got saved because I was in a church where the "servant of God" would preach and it left me feeling condemned and guilty. And that experience has helped me know the difference between something that is from God and which is not.

My original reason for borrowing the book is because I want to learn more about deliverance. And also because I want my parents and siblings to be saved and be filled with all the fullness of God according to Ephesians.

To me the simple test is not whether you have a feeling about something but whether it lines up with the truth of the full counsel of scripture or not, thats the litmus test ....for all teaching!!

The book you want to read which you say is about deliverance I would seriously not bother with ...they believe being born again is being baptised into the Godhead!!! This is false teaching... That alone would be enough to make me not read it ....

As for aquiring knowledge via the likes of Kenneth Hagin, he is a word of faith prosperity gospel preacher and I know others on here can give you specific red flags about him...

If you look in the NT, there are many warnings about last days deception and false teaching, so its not about being quick to label someone a false prophet, its about marking and avoiding unsound doctrine ....

I hope this has been helpful and if not now, then further down the line please look into these things for yourself .....

FaithnHope

It’s not theft to lend A (that’s one) book you own to a friend. It is theft to print COPIES (could be dozens, hundreds, thousands) of that book and send out to others.
For example, a library can buy a book and make it available to be checked out. One at a time. They cannot, however, make copies of that book for anyone to read. You have to wait to read it.
BTW, I’m not an author nor a copyright attorney.
Libraries are under different categories. The publisher has agreed to have it borrowed.
You can give (not share) your book away. There’s no problem with that. Digital is also different than hard copies. You are supposed to delete your copy if you gift it to someone else. I’ve written for magazines that are locked down so tight I can’t even share it between my phone and iPad. Some publishers are more hardcore about enforcing it than others. Plus, in a lot of countries our laws don’t matter. I’ve seen whole books on Pinterest. It makes me sad for the author. Publishing companies are dying do to theft.