'If you don't like our petroleum cars, well, we don't like your electric cars':

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
These leaders always trying to create (revive) a new boogeyman to scare people. Global warming now climate change is one of the oldest. Although you need an atheistic/naturalistic worldview for it to truly make sense that man is the problem for all the woes on this earth. This was their problem in the past. Not so much these days.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
I wonder if the electric cars let you know by a warning light that it is needing charged. Then you better hope you can make it to a charging station in time to charge it. Otherwise, that would be a dangerous situation.

We've had a hybrid car for years (not to save the planet, but science project for hubby) and yes there's a gauge for the charge, and it will also switch over to gas for you when needed. I can't imagine owing a totally electric car, and having your mileage limited like that.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We've had a hybrid car for years (not to save the planet, but science project for hubby) and yes there's a gauge for the charge, and it will also switch over to gas for you when needed. I can't imagine owing a totally electric car, and having your mileage limited like that.

My new truck will be a hybrid... should arrive within the next few weeks. It's not a plug-in hybrid, but charges from brake and engine power. The reason I chose it was because the engine it's paired with already was the one that offered the most horsepower and torque with a twin turbo design, but when you need even more power, the electric engine will contribute. I sold my last truck prematurely (at 4 years of age v.s. 20) because I was very disappointed in its lack of power when power was needed. It was a straight gasser without any turbos.

pixelpusher

If there was a cheap but functional electric car for running around town in a short loop, couple steps up from a golf cart I think that might be feasible. But by cheap I mean 2-3K or so. Probably can't even get a golf cart for that.

Probably regulations prevent anything practical being made.

I'd be happy to get an electric car, when;
- It can consistently achieve a 500 mile range per charge, in any and all road and climate conditions.
- It can fully charge in minutes, not hours.
- It can be charged in as many convenient locations as fossil fuel vehicles.
- It can perform as autonomously as my '06 Nissan.
- It costs the same (or less) than the fossil fuel counterparts.
- It has a 15 year power-pack life.
- It is designed in a manor that allows me to do 90% of the maintenance.
- It does not randomly catch fire...because, REASONS!
I will get one when they make them that’ll fully charge in 10 minutes and can tow a 15,000lb trailer through the mountains with a 600 mile range. It also must have a 15 year warranty on batteries.

JSTyler

I will get one when they make them that’ll fully charge in 10 minutes and can tow a 15,000lb trailer through the mountains with a 600 mile range. It also must have a 15 year warranty on batteries.
:nod

When pigs fly comes to mind. I don't know if we've ever been in a more unfriendly climate for customers of auto manufacturers/dealers.

I was watching a vid about new truck sales the other day and how the dealers will openly advertise on the stickers the MSRP of $45,000.00 +/- with a dealer markup of $35.000.00 +/- without budging and without shame. I remember a time back in the early 80's when I went to war over $630 destination and undercoating fee on a new, $11,000.00 S-10 Blazer. They apologized and begged me to come back to the table as I walked out the door.

SkyRider

In today's climate, I think Jed Clampett would be considered a home grown terrorist. First off, he is probably discharging an unregistered firearm and the bullet strikes Mother Earth. Secondly, he was not issued a Biden approved permit to search for bubbling crude, black gold or Texas tea. He, therefore, an enemy of the state, would not wind up in Beverly Hills, but in a cement pokey instead of a cement pond.

DWB

I think some auto companies (like Dodge) who have produced performance gas cars are going to have trouble making it with an all-electric lineup. 2023 is the last of the Charger and Challenger.

pixelpusher

Another Tesla fire:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...catches-fire-california-freeway-officials-say

The Article said:
The Tesla’s battery compartment caught fire just before 4 p.m. in the eastbound lanes of Highway 50 near Sacramento, Metro Fire of Sacramento said.

Fire officials said the vehicle was traveling "freeway speeds" when the sudden combustion occurred and that "nothing unusual" happened prior to the fire.

The Tesla was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived at the scene, according to the department.

Back