If you could play one piece of music what would it be???

moosejive

I can’t carry a tune and can only muddle on the piano and violin, but these classics always move my soul. The sheer genius and beauty of the music surely points to God given talent in the composing and the playing of these classics. I am hoping that although I wasn’t gifted with musical ability, I will be able to do more than appreciate it in Heaven. The Bolero, the Danish orchestra were fantastic ...they sent me looking for Vivaldi, Saint Saens , Pachelbel, there are too many beautiful composers and pieces to mention . I’m hoping that many are in Heaven because how wonderful to be instructed by these geniuses. :nod

SonSeeker

I've always wanted to learn to play the organ. But, someone politely told me the first prerequisite was being able to play the piano. I always hoped I could skip that part. Maybe in heaven I can learn it.
For now, I'll just join Judy for a duet on the Spoons. Wait, can anyone teach me how to play them:gaah??

Jonathan

I played percussion on that piece
Rhythm, the unrelenting beat of the march going forward, was the canvas in which all kinds of instruments got to stand on and have their day in the sun. Bolero is one of my favorite pieces. And the finale was just like fireworks, but for the ear and mind, not the eyes. Good stuff.

That must have been extremely rewarding in a lot of ways for you MattFiveFour.

The only challenge of playing Bolero for someone when you can't attend an actual performance is how to set the volume on your sound system (and you better be using a good one). It starts off very soft and quiet, and reaches a peak finale at the end. So you have to weigh not getting it too low in the beginning so the new victim, er, I mean initiate can still appreciate it at the start, but then, not have the ear drums destroyed by the finale.

And if you alter the volume mid course, you are missing the point.

Last edited:

Anewcreationinjesus

Come Lord Jesus!!!!!!
Hooray, found a solo piano arrangement of the piece for two pianos I want to play... Well the third movement anyway, once I've bought the sheet music will contact the arranger and see if he's arranged the first movement.... Now to sit down and try and decipher bar by bar.... My sight reading is very very poor and I'm sure there are brothers and sisters on here who could read this and play straight away. Not me as a player by ear lol....

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside?R=20966764

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Hooray, found a solo piano arrangement of the piece for two pianos I want to play... Well the third movement anyway, once I've bought the sheet music will contact the arranger and see if he's arranged the first movement.... Now to sit down and try and decipher bar by bar.... My sight reading is very very poor and I'm sure there are brothers and sisters on here who could read this and play straight away. Not me as a player by ear lol....

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside?R=20966764
You are a very brave person. :nod Fast braver than I.

Círeth

I want to be able to sing Opera. I can sing, sort of, I've never had any formal lessons though. I can't afford them at the moment. If I could afford lessons I'd start my own YouTube channel singing covers of classic folk songs. I know a lot of other people do that too so it wouldn't be a money making exercise, more a way for to log my progress. But we'll all be able to sing like angels in Heaven. Hallelujah I can't wait.

Círeth

Almost afraid to stick my head in this room of musicians. Along with not being an artist, I am not a musician either but I can actually sing. Anyway, I would love to be able to play the Hallelujah chorus on the piano.
I'm not a musician either, in a family with three amazing pianists on earth and another in heaven, but I'm trying to learn guitar. We are going to have start our own choir in heaven. Who's in for a rapture forums choir?