If Paul and Thomas had a baby, it would be me. Here's my story.

Katie8758

Now to your title, "If [saint] Paul and [saint] Thomas had a child, it would be me", do you care to elaborate on that? ;)
Lol sure!

I used to watch a show on occasion called "Ghost hunters". These people would go to supposedly haunted places, and they would film a whole show about how they encountered a ghost. They would show some grainy footage of the wind blowing a rocking chair which made the chair move a half inch. I was always like pffft. Puh-leeze!!! And i would always say that if anyone was ever gonna get me to believe that there is a spiritual world then that ghost is gonna just have to stand right in front of me plain as day...and at least offer to do the laundry on occasion if they're gonna hang around rent free.
So essentially, Jesus knew that WITH ME, I would need to be "knocked to the ground on the road to Damascus" so-to-speak.
And to make things just a little more tricky, I have a very skeptical side. I am an over thinker, and if anyone is gonna convince me of anything, I will need to see some HARDCORE PROOF. Without it, I will overthink what just happened, and chalk it all up to me just being plain crazy or my overactive imagination or something. Like, show me the wounds in the wrists and feet and THEN I will believe you...

So ya.... Sometimes different people with different personalities require a more personally structured salvation experience in order to fetch that lone lost sheep off the hill... The effectual call, versus the general call.

Last edited:

seated with Christ

Lol sure!

I used to watch a show on occasion called "Ghost hunters". These people would go to supposedly haunted places, and they would film a whole show about how they encountered a ghost. They would show some grainy footage of the wind blowing a rocking chair which made the chair move a half inch. I was always like pffft. Puh-leeze!!! And i would always say that if anyone was ever gonna get me to believe that there is a spiritual world then that ghost is gonna just have to stand right in front of me plain as day...and at least offer to do the laundry on occasion if they're gonna hang around rent free.
So essentially, Jesus knew that WITH ME, I would need to be "knocked to the ground on the road to Damascus" so-to-speak.
And to make things just a little more tricky, I have a very skeptical side. I am an over thinker, and if anyone is gonna convince me of anything, I will need to see some HARDCORE PROOF. Without it, I will overthink what just happened, and chalk it all up to me just being plain crazy or my overactive imagination or something. Like, show me the wounds in the wrists and feet and THEN I will believe you...

So ya.... Sometimes different people with different personalities require a more personally structured salvation experience in order to fetch that lone lost sheep off the hill... The effectual call, versus the general call.
I was a long time watcher that of the show, I liked it best when Grant was on it. I am trying hard no to tune in on those kind f shows, reasons I stopped I won't go into now. Thank you for replieing.

Katie8758

I was a long time watcher that of the show, I liked it best when Grant was on it. I am trying hard no to tune in on those kind f shows, reasons I stopped I won't go into now. Thank you for replieing.
I haven't watched that show for a very long time, but my favorite holiday used to be Halloween.
Imagine this: A 45 year old wife and mother of four who cussed like a sailor, smoked a pack a day, never went to church...ever...and looked forward to Halloween every year.
And now: A 46 year old wife and mother who hasn't said 4 cuss words in the past year, hasn't smoked, has zero interest in Halloween at all, goes to Church and longs for and loves the Lord.

He is good <3