If God knows each and every person before he or she is born, why does God allow or permit a truly evil individual to be born into the world?

Wings Like Eagles

To all actually:

I have mentioned it before - David Wood of Acts17Apologetics has a testimonial YT video that is powerful.

David is a sociopath and by his report does not feel emotions.

He was in jail for an assault on his father and became a Christian while in jail.

I mention him because he typifies the type of person that would normally be considered "unsaveable". Yet he is saved.

There is no end to the power of God to work on your behalf if you truly seek Him, no matter what your spiritual or biological condition is.

Even those who we might describe as "born evil" can and do become saved.
Yes, that is how John Newton, an evil slave ship captain could create the song, Amazing Grace. "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me..."

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

Honestly, I don't know. I've also heard the question, "If God created everything, then He must have created evil." or similar sentiments. I agree about free will and that we are not robots. God has ways and purposes that are beyond our understanding, for certain.

When I find myself befuddled, I read Isaiah 55:8-9:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

There are just some questions that can and will not be answered until we are in the sweet by and by.
But I do enjoy contemplating and discussing them.

Evil is simply the absence of good (the word "good" means "like God" or "godly") just as darkness is the absence of light. There is NOTHING godly about Satan (by his choice) and it is hard for us to imagine such a being. We are used to ordinary human sinners--most of us do not encounter thoroughly evil humans (and I thank God and His mercy for that). But even mass murderers like Adolf Eichmann, was said to love his wife and children.