I wonder what the purpose was for.....

Scilent

As an Infection Prevention RN, I've often wondered about the following topic.

I know all that has been made and exists was done during the creation week.

So, then I look at things in this life that don't seem to serve any kind of helpful purpose to us.... at least I can't think of any.

Flies, ticks, scabies, lice, intestinal worms and all manner of other parasites.... to name just a few.

Harmful bacteria and viruses..... Clostridium Difficile, Influenza, Measles, Small Pox, Ebola. I take it all of these things were created during the creation week...

perhaps...

But why? The only thing I can think of is that they served a different purpose before the fall, and morphed or changed after the fall into the the harmful critters they've become. Maybe they were truly "helpful" at one point.... ???

Or perhaps, following Chuck Missler's ideas, these are left over "changed/corrupted" creatures that mankind was fooling around with that were partially to blame for the flood... in that the world was fully "corrupted" during the pre-flood era, and that mankind and any fallen angel participents may have been monkeying around with God's created DNA in the animal world. Like mankind is doing today in the lab. Who knows..... ???

Has anyone else ever wondered about this? Because I can't see any "good reason" as to why such things would have been created by God. It's one of the questions I intend on asking Christ about when I have a chance..... though at that point I don't know if I'd even care any longer. :)

It's more of a professional curiosity than anything else, and after the rapture... all of us in healthcare will be out of a job.

Work4Peanuts

Just thinking here. One of the things that I've heard was that when Noah entered the ark, he took two (or more, depending on what God said) of types of animals. So he didn't have two pinto horses, two clydesdales, two arabian horses (you get the idea). There were two horses, and within those horses were all the genetic possibilities for future horses. Both Adam and Eve had all the genetic information needed for all the different races of peoples. When the fall happened, all of that was corrupted. So, all of those parasites, bacteria, viruses that seems so evil, was only a possibility when the fall happened, DNA was corrupted and death entered the world.

I, by the way, have no proof for any of this. It's just what I personally think, based on what I do know from the Bible.

Scilent

You mean, like perhaps there was just a very "few" sorts of insects that after the fall, some became flies, some became ticks, some became scabies.

Or that there were much fewer bacterial or viral types, but they degenerated to each different bacteria.

Yet if we go far back enough, perhaps these were originally a more "complete" organism, so to speak that may have been helpful and useful rather than being so detrimental to us now.

I guess that could be something to throw around, but I'm no microbiology "expert" by any means, nor am I an entomologist.

TrustinHim

When God cursed the land so it would grow thorns etc. I suppose it also included all manner of biting insects, parasites etc. I like to think at the beginning of the millennium the lord Jesus will speak a command and all the mosquitoes and especially deer flies will drop dead or at least be changed. I detest deer flies

Popcornfish

As an Infection Prevention RN, I've often wondered about the following topic.

I know all that has been made and exists was done during the creation week.

So, then I look at things in this life that don't seem to serve any kind of helpful purpose to us.... at least I can't think of any.

Flies, ticks, scabies, lice, intestinal worms and all manner of other parasites.... to name just a few.

Harmful bacteria and viruses..... Clostridium Difficile, Influenza, Measles, Small Pox, Ebola. I take it all of these things were created during the creation week...

perhaps...

But why? The only thing I can think of is that they served a different purpose before the fall, and morphed or changed after the fall into the the harmful critters they've become. Maybe they were truly "helpful" at one point.... ???

Or perhaps, following Chuck Missler's ideas, these are left over "changed/corrupted" creatures that mankind was fooling around with that were partially to blame for the flood... in that the world was fully "corrupted" during the pre-flood era, and that mankind and any fallen angel participents may have been monkeying around with God's created DNA in the animal world. Like mankind is doing today in the lab. Who knows..... ???

Has anyone else ever wondered about this? Because I can't see any "good reason" as to why such things would have been created by God. It's one of the questions I intend on asking Christ about when I have a chance..... though at that point I don't know if I'd even care any longer. :)

It's more of a professional curiosity than anything else, and after the rapture... all of us in healthcare will be out of a job.
Here I am reading just the thread title and thinking the rest of the title sentence would be, nipples on men, when I opened the thread.
Boy was I off.
Good post.

Batfan7

I've read that spiders can eat pollen caught in their webs when needed, so I think there's a chance that other insects were once less harmful. I mean, if lions once ate straw (and will again), that would take a major digestive tract rework, so I think it's safe to say that insects could have been much "nicer" originally. Like butterflies.

Scilent

I've read that spiders can eat pollen caught in their webs when needed, so I think there's a chance that other insects were once less harmful. I mean, if lions once ate straw (and will again), that would take a major digestive tract rework, so I think it's safe to say that insects could have been much "nicer" originally. Like butterflies.
Perhaps, it just boggles the mind as to wondering what they were used for at one time eons ago? And what about harmful bacteria and viruses...? Same thing probably. Who knows, perhaps they were once used by the Lord to keep us healthy and young (Longevity of the old testament patriachs as an example) and then they morphed into something much much worse.

pixelpusher

When God cursed the land so it would grow thorns etc. I suppose it also included all manner of biting insects, parasites etc. I like to think at the beginning of the millennium the lord Jesus will speak a command and all the mosquitoes and especially deer flies will drop dead or at least be changed. I detest deer flies
I agree with TrustInHim on this one, these things have got to be part of the Curse. Can't imagine there would have been mosquitos and deer flies in the Garden. Although, I suppose there is a slim outside chance that they were present, as an initial motivation not to eat from the Tree of Life... :heh

kathymendel

Perhaps the scientists of Noah's day - that evil generation - were the ones to bring about the diseases that still plague us today? I mean, we can see the havoc that today's scientists are stirring up..........why not then? I don't have the answer, that's for sure, but it is something to ponder.

madcat

Just a couple of thoughts. First, I have said I have a list of questions to ask Jesus, and one is who made fire ants, and red wasps!!! My own thinking is that ants, wasps, and other insects were made as a food source for other animals, and weren’t being a nuisance to humans. Then OLD SCRATCH comes into the picture and starts morphing them into little devils. After all, he managed to corrupt the gene pool of humans with other demons, so morphing insects and animals would be a piece of cake.
Which would mean God loosened his “leash” to allow him to do all this. Why would be above my pay grade.

What if Satan did a little genetic modification of amoeba, protozoa, microscopic organisms, etc. and out of his hatred for humans, just made them varmints? And since there was no rain until the flood, when those germs, parasites, insects, etc., were finally exposed to water, they morphed even more? And bred with other insects and made hybrids. We do that today, with cats and dogs to make specific breeds.

We see bacteria and viruses constantly evolving so as to be resistant to whatever man invents to kill them. And in fatal degenerative brain diseases, what is a normal protein in the body, just becomes rogue, and ruthlessly kills it’s “host”.

And if you think about it, fire ants, killer bees, formosian termites, etc., were never even heard of 50 years ago, so something changed.

And then if you don’t “buy” any of this theory, how about —————-THEY ARE ALL DEMOCRATS. :p :p

madcat

I hate to disagree but I am close to fifty and fire ants were common knowledge in my area when I was a child.
YUCK! The first time I came across them was in 1976 in S.C. when I stepped in a mound. Come to think about it that was 43 YEARS AGO! Wow, am I REALLY that old ????!!!!
I suppose in the south they were already there?

First time I came across killer bees was in 1990 in TX. Scary. And now you don’t hear about them much.

Scilent

YUCK! The first time I came across them was in 1976 in S.C. when I stepped in a mound. Come to think about it that was 43 YEARS AGO! Wow, am I REALLY that old ????!!!!
I suppose in the south they were already there?

First time I came across killer bees was in 1990 in TX. Scary. And now you don’t hear about them much.
I lived in Texas from '81 to 2002, and I remember a time when I think I was a senior in highschool..... around 1986 or so.... I woke up in my bed with fire ants all around me. That was not fun. It had rained a LOT that spring and I guess they found their way into the house.... into my bed.

madcat

I lived in Texas from '81 to 2002, and I remember a time when I think I was a senior in highschool..... around 1986 or so.... I woke up in my bed with fire ants all around me. That was not fun. It had rained a LOT that spring and I guess they found their way into the house.... into my bed.
Wow, I’m surprised you weren’t taken to the E.R., or were you ? When I was doing home health in the early 80’s in Mississippi, a nursing home lost some residents because thousands of fire ants came through a crack in the brick wall, and covered the patients. Since they couldn’t get away, they were literally killed from the massive amount of bites.
NASTY booger’s !!!